996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: Which convertable would you get?
BMW Z8
79.55%
BMW 645CiC Sport
20.45%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Which Convertable Would You Get, BMW Z8 or BMW 645Ci Sport?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 05:52 AM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Lou, I think you have your answer - Z8 wins by a landslide

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 05-07-2004, 06:26 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by ColorChange
Maybe it's just because I'm older but I drive different cars for different purposes/moods.

I like an awesome sedan -> E55AMG
I like an awesome sports car -> Porsche 996TT
I like an awesome exotic -> Lamborghini Countach

Since I have the sporting world so well covered in the tt, it is a lot easier to accept an automatic cruiser for "casual" driving. When I want something different, I take the other vehicle.

I think you would cover an awesome part of the car owning experience with and SL55 and your TT. There is a lot of overlap with the Z8 and the tt, not much with the SL. Am I explaining my idea?
I can totally see your side of it. For me, I am single, do not have kids, work down the street from my office and really do not need to haul things or people. I had that 745i and found that I had no use for the extra space and needed a much more sporty 2nd car. The next sedan I get will be the M5, until then, if the numbers can make sense, I guess its the Z8...... Even with the overlap, I cannot think of a car I would want to drive more, except my TT then the Z8. BTW, my new car came in, picked it up yesterday.

Lou

Lou

Old 05-07-2004, 06:42 AM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by LSM
I can totally see your side of it. For me, I am single, do not have kids, work down the street from my office and really do not need to haul things or people. I had that 745i and found that I had no use for the extra space and needed a much more sporty 2nd car. The next sedan I get will be the M5, until then, if the numbers can make sense, I guess its the Z8...... Even with the overlap, I cannot think of a car I would want to drive more, except my TT then the Z8. BTW, my new car came in, picked it up yesterday.

Lou

Lou
Def go with the Z8. Let see some pics of the new 911!!! Are you going a different route with the mods this time?

Old 05-07-2004, 03:16 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by VikDiddy
Def go with the Z8. Let see some pics of the new 911!!! Are you going a different route with the mods this time?
I'll post pics soon. I think I bore everyone to death with pics of a black stock turbo when I had my 2003. After The wheels and coilovers, I'll post.

Lou

Old 05-07-2004, 07:22 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally posted by LSM
tIM,

SL is definately not for me because of aforementioned reasons. A convertable to most is a highway cruiser, a get out relax have fun car. To me, I want a car that drives and handles like a BMW. No offense, there just isn't any comparison between BMW's and MB's driving dynamics. The two companies have different target markets...........MB median age for their buyers is like 50, BMW's is 35-40.

I dont understand about the target market thing. You are making your decision based on these stats? You should be driving a Ford Focus then.

I think its funny when people chose a bmw as a "drivers" car when the most "driving experience " they get out of it is aggressive driving on the street thinking the high way is some F1 course, only to lose to another dope in a Vette (me). Maybe thats one reason I never owned one. I think the new M5 might be my first BMW, but then again, there is a lot of new hardware coming out, and if the new V10 RS6 comes out, ........M Who? Lou, don't talk to me about depreciation reasons...if we're so concerned about that, we'd be driving long term volvos and investing in art and real estate.

Lou, there isn't one road that you drive on bud, that an SL55 can't match. StephenTi can tell you, as I've seen him push his Sl500 on turns I'd **** myself on.

I'd take an Sl over a z8 and 645 sebring. .......infact ...I did - 3 times.

Old 05-07-2004, 08:29 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
OK Lou, you REALLY want the sports car bases covered, and that's cool, you can do it. I would still take the SL over the Z8 if I had a turbo in the stable but that's a personal taste descision. I think more like Shank, the SL is a blast (just like my E55). Nice to have tough decisions eghh?

God I can't wait to get my Turbo!!!!

Old 05-07-2004, 10:55 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Tim, its coming this month right?