996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: Which convertable would you get?
BMW Z8
79.55%
BMW 645CiC Sport
20.45%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Which Convertable Would You Get, BMW Z8 or BMW 645Ci Sport?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 01:18 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Which Convertible Would You Get, BMW Z8 or BMW 645Ci Sport?**PICS INSIDE**

Just wondering what you guys think is the better car between the above two. Please, no posts about Mercedes, its slush box, and terrible driving dynamics. Not interested, just want opinions on above cars. Pics Below........ Thanks for input

645Cic

Z8

Last edited by LSM; 05-07-2004 at 03:00 AM.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
I say sell the 6 and buy the 8 cause of better looks IMO and exclusivity.

Last edited by Vik; 05-06-2004 at 03:41 AM.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:50 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Yes, Sell the Chrysler Sebring, and get the Z8

Old 05-05-2004, 02:22 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by ShankGT2
Yes, Sell the Chrysler Sebring, and get the Z8
MAybe b/c its new, but, I am telling you never have so many people come up to me and told me how gorgeous a car is, EVER! Doesn't look anything like a sebring nor does it have e-class parts wrapped in a $24k Chrysler 300M Everytime I get the car washed everyone comes around and loves it. Not that it means anything, but, this car gets more looks and thumbs up then ANY car I have ever owned. Although because of the driver, most girls look anyway I think it is a gorgeous car, at least that's my opinion. Its just easier for everyone to join the BMW design hater bandwagon. Oh and that I-drive is just soooo hard to get

Last edited by LSM; 05-05-2004 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:23 PM
LSM
ALPINA Z8 (I would never get a slush box, but love how it looks)

Last edited by LSM; 05-05-2004 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:33 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
I don't know why you would ask if you already have a 645 but I agree with both posts above. Get the Z8.

Roy

ps. Personally, I think the 645 is butt ugly, literally. Front and sides aren't bad, a bit boring, the rear is just hideous imo...

Old 05-05-2004, 07:47 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
No question.....

The Z8!!!! That black one is HOT!!

Old 05-05-2004, 07:50 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
Get the Z8

Not a fan of the new 6. I think it looks aweful from the front. I AM a fan of the look of the 7. I just can't say I like the new 6.

Old 05-05-2004, 08:24 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Z8 is a collector's...6 is not....

Old 05-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Ray M is infamous around these parts
Even as a fan and advocate of the 6er, if you are looking for a convert get the Z8. You will be able to find a nice example for around $90 grand, not too far off from a new 645Cic and a lot more car IMO.....

Just throw a nice set of rims on it, and you'll be all set!

Old 05-05-2004, 09:03 PM
LSM
Originally posted by Tpup
I don't know why you would ask if you already have a 645 but I agree with both posts above. Get the Z8.

Roy

ps. Personally, I think the 645 is butt ugly, literally. Front and sides aren't bad, a bit boring, the rear is just hideous imo...
It is a long involved story on my 645ci. It is simply a 2-3month car which I can pretty much get out of at any time for what I paid. I figure I already have a coupe(2004 911 TT) so, why not get a convertible for summer. Thanks for the input.

Lou

Keep the opinions coming, really value your opinions. Thanks

Old 05-05-2004, 09:04 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
No real decision here. Get the Z8. I had a Silver 2001 Z8 W/Red and Black and as of now this is the only car I have ever regretted selling. I will have another one one day.

GET THE Z8!!!

Old 05-05-2004, 09:16 PM
LSM
Originally posted by NoMercy
No real decision here. Get the Z8. I had a Silver 2001 Z8 W/Red and Black and as of now this is the only car I have ever regretted selling. I will have another one one day.

GET THE Z8!!!
What were your impression? I drove one last summer, it is a real beast, awesome car, love the exhaust note.

Old 05-05-2004, 09:36 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Lou ----> Z-8 all the way! 6 just doesn't cut it.

Old 05-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
neither.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which Convertable Would You Get, BMW Z8 or BMW 645Ci Sport?