996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Barber Motorsports Park (FUN FUN FUN)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
Chevy has a silver tt with black wheels.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:22 PM
.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Neil
Chevy has a silver tt with black wheels.
Definitely saw that car.

I loved how beat up the CGT was, even the interior was fairly worn out.
The car has obviously been driven hard. The racing seats inside looked incredible!

I wasn't on the track, but it didn't look like he was pushing it to hard out there.

I think the red GT3 was a guy named Jose. He's a friend of the guy I went with. The gt3 was new to him, so he said he wasn't 100% with it yet. But I think he's an instructor as well normally.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:37 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by .bg.
Chevy,

Were you in the silver turbo?

I came down for a couple hours that day.
Yeah, I was in a silver turbo with black wheels. You from the area?

Old 09-18-2007, 06:41 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by .bg.
Definitely saw that car.

I loved how beat up the CGT was, even the interior was fairly worn out.
The car has obviously been driven hard. The racing seats inside looked incredible!

I wasn't on the track, but it didn't look like he was pushing it to hard out there.

I think the red GT3 was a guy named Jose. He's a friend of the guy I went with. The gt3 was new to him, so he said he wasn't 100% with it yet. But I think he's an instructor as well normally.

Ahhh, I see, yeah the CGT was slow the first day, but picked it up considerably the second.

Yeah Jose can drive that GT3, going back and forth with him was the best part of being in the novice group. We played cat and mouse for all of the second session as we passed cars left and right. He says that's not his primary track car (its a 350z that broke on saturday ), but we had a great time nonetheless.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:42 PM
.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about
I'm from Huntsville.
Went to Nopi on Saturday and then came down to Barber on Sunday.

Couple pics of the CGT:

Attached Images   
Old 09-18-2007, 06:42 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Barber is beautiful. the elevation can def get u sick after couple laps especially after a full meal.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:48 PM
roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I stood around and recorded as many sessions as I could while talking with people and getting a parade lap ride and later a ride in a very fast TT 350Z.
You remember who's 350Z TT? My tuner was there with a couple cars. The shop is Forged Performance.

Sounds like a great time.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by roncfpz
You remember who's 350Z TT? My tuner was there with a couple cars. The shop is Forged Performance.

Sounds like a great time.
Yeah is was Shariffs car. I know them pretty well.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:01 AM
roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Yeah is was Shariffs car. I know them pretty well.
Small world; I've known him a few years myself and he's done all the work on my car. I know he was trying out his new TT setup that day. I believe he was turning a 1:42 or so.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:47 PM
trumperZ06 is infamous around these partstrumperZ06 is infamous around these parts
The Ferrari's were shipped down from Long Island. One of the 430's was race prep-ed and when driven by a pro instructor was... Wicked Fast !!!

The rest of the Ferrari gang were along for a fun weekend outing.

The gray GT3 with blue painter's tape was there... I talked with him, he seems like a nice guy.

The red CGT Porsche was at VIR in July... now I see him once again, at the Chin event here at Barber. He did get faster on Sunday. I could... "hang with him"... but couldn't get close enough running thru traffic... to get by. Late Sunday afternoon... the red CGT was flat-bedded back to the pits. Didn't see any visible damage... musta been mechanical.

My student was in the blue group with an 04 Viper. That sucker has a 3:55 rear-end, racing cams, Paxton Super-charger, and long tube headers. It was hotter-than-hell in the pass seat and about half way into each session... smoke would start rolling up from the floor board.

I finally got the Viper guy to use all of the track... and then he became very fast/dangerous !!!

So I signed him off to go Solo... and turned him loose.

Cya @ the track,

Trumper

Next event: BMW @ Road Atlanta.... Sept. 21st.

Last edited by trumperZ06; 09-19-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:35 PM
LOL @ the viper.

The CGT went into the gravel, which is why he had to be towed back. He didnt really want to run that session, and the gravel just confirmed the end of his weekend. Really great to see someone use it like it should be.

Trumper, I got you on vid too, the vid it 18 minutes long and HUGE so it will take me a while to get it hosted, but I'll post when I can. I cant wait until Chin sees fit to put me in group A.