996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tubi, Europipe or Fabspeed Gen III

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:58 AM
dublinoh is infamous around these partsdublinoh is infamous around these parts
I have Europipe Stage 2 quiet...very good company to work with. I ordered direct. I wanted improved spool up over any change in sound. Boost comes on faster with K24 turbos (X50)...Lower pitch than stock...not much turbo whine...as quiet as stock at 70 mph cruise. I am very satisfied.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:01 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I don't know WTF you heard, but mine sounds great, clearly hear the turbo whistle.
This whistle is due to the exhaust?

Probably not the gen 3's. Personally, I think the europipe louds sound like **** (drove one on a 996tt about 500 miles), drones like a **********er, but if that's what you want, go for it!
As other posters have said....you are the ONLY person I have ever heard with this complaint (statistically that would be n=1)...I would guess the fabspeed exhaust has damaged your hearing

I know of NO owner that does not like their EPs.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:25 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Highhats
GO EUROPIPE and be happy!
What he said! Go with a Europipe. Fit, finish and sound are truly second to none IMO! Beautiful car btw. Is that a 2 or a Turbo S with a kit?

Old 09-18-2007, 11:40 AM
KevinTT is infamous around these parts
I had purchased a Fabspeed Gen 3 from a group buy. The worst purchase I ever made. That thing resonates (drones ) like mad. By the time I got home from the installer my head was about to explode! Fabspeed should include a pair of earplugs!
I have since had a chance to drive in a turbo with a Europipe, it sounds great with no drone.
Go for the Europipe thats what I'm planning to do.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:45 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Mine doesn't drone at all, the ep-L I drove was the worst(drone) exhaust I ever heard, sorry, jmo. One man's great exhaust is anothers drone, and vice versa.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:52 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
I speculate that these comments directed at Europipe are made by individuals that are trying to justify the purchase of their particular exhaust. What it really comes down to is this; How much do you want to SPEND on an exhaust? If you don't want to spend 5k, then you will settle for a product that IMHO is not anywhere near the quality, craftsmanship, customer service, sound, and performance of the Europipe.

It is really ridiculous to try to compare a handmade, built to order exhaust, perfected over several years by Belgians with a demanding European clientele, to an exhaust made in the State of Pennsylvania by a couple of guys running a modification business. The Europipe guys do one thing, build exhausts 1 by 1. These opinions are by no means a slight aimed at any other exhaust manufacturer in the U.S., but let's be realistic here.

I have attached my dyno after I installed my Europipe II (quiet) for those who think that it doesn't offer any added performance. The blue line is stock, the green line was after an ECU flash and DV's, and the redline was after the Europipe installation. How does an added 25 rwhp and 58 ft-lbs of rw torque sound? Note the substantial hp and torque increase in the 3500 to 5k rpm area.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Dyno Comparison.pdf (58.8 KB, 101 views)

Last edited by 9Eleven; 09-18-2007 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:02 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
911, I could buy any exhaust I wanted x10, that's not the point. I got a chance to experience ep once and gave my opinion.,,,and I thought it blew...sorry if I offended anybody who bought one and feel they need to justify their expenditure....opinions are like *******s, everybodies got one, don't take it personally.
The FS shop in PA is a far cry from 'two guys in the garage...', you should check it out, I did. You're right, you shouldn't compare EP and FS, FS is waaay better in my opinion of course.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:09 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
911, I could buy any exhaust I wanted x10, that's not the point. I got a chance to experience ep once and gave my opinion.,,,and I thought it blew...sorry if I offended anybody who bought one and feel they need to justify their expenditure....opinions are like *******s, everybodies got one, don't take it personally.
The FS shop in PA is a far cry from 'two guys in the garage...', you should check it out, I did. You're right, you shouldn't compare EP and FS, FS is waaay better in my opinion of course.
I don't remember indicating that the person that didn't buy a Europipe couldn't afford it or the Fabspeed was built by 2 guys in a garage. I merely said that Fabspeed owners didn't want to spend 5k on an exhaust. If the Europipe was 3500.00, would there be any doubt which exhaust the majority of the forum members would choose? Fair enough, if you believe that the Fabspeed is the best exhaust out there and better than any other including the Europipe; Great! But you are probably the only member on this board that really believes that. BTW, which one are you, the opinion or the other?

Last edited by 9Eleven; 09-18-2007 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:23 PM
You calling me an a-hole?

Old 09-18-2007, 12:27 PM
You calling me an a-hole?
Takes one to know one.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:32 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Peachboy

If you don't want the headache. Europipe is it.

Last edited by vincentdds; 09-18-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:52 PM
TT Tommy is infamous around these parts
You guys sond like a bunch of ten year olds

tw

btw.. EP all the way!

Old 09-18-2007, 02:08 PM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
I will stick up for the fabspeed a little.... I dont drive my car very often and I particularly enjoy how loud and obnoxious it is. I will say that it does induce headaches if driven too long, its not the exhaust for hang overs or quiet neighborhoods.

It makes good power and weighs some 30lbs less than stock (EP is equal or more). Mine fit just fine and was pretty easy to install.

I have heard 9eleven's EP and it sounds amazing. If money were no object, with out a doubt EP would be on my car, but then again I would also have a GT2 as nice as his.

I am happy considering I bought mine used for 1500 bucks and for a poor sap it does everything I expected it would. If I would have paid 3500 then I would be pissed.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Peachboy
Folks,

Can't make up my mind on a new exhaust, I've many old treads but it seems not that many people are familliar with at least two or all three of these exhaust.

Unfortunately, in the Great White North here there aren't enough modified 996 TTS to allow me to hear the difference.
How long have you have your TTS? I saw that slate TTS new at Pfaff and is one of the most expensive TTS from Pfaff. TO is getting alot more moded TT.

About the exhaust, I've 2 friends have EP on the TT in Toronto area. If you like it loud, go for EP2 loud. The stage 1 is sounds alt louder than stock. The build quality it like an art work. it sounds nice and deep but expect some droning. I've heard Fabspeed (not the gen 3) and Tubi in person, both are way too loud for me. And the Fabspeed makes the car sounds not like a $100K car ....

Old 09-18-2007, 02:55 PM
justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !
I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a Tubi, but I recall reading it was fairly restrictive and might limit potential power gains. Is that so? I don't care if I only gain a few HP by slapping it on, it's when I start doing other mods that worries me...

Justin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tubi, Europipe or Fabspeed Gen III