996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tubi, Europipe or Fabspeed Gen III

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 05:07 AM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone have an opinion about the Agency exhaust system that Vivid Racing sells? One of the best looking that I have seen, I was wondering if anyone has one on their car I would like to hear their opinion.
thanks

Last edited by jamie furman; 09-21-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:57 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Fabspeeds generation 3 exhaust is junk. Isnt it funny how they always have a revision. Why dont you release the best one first. Europipe hasnt changed a thing and the exhaust is the top of the industry. Im all about exterior sound as well as interior. If it sounds like a ricer outside I dont want it. The generation 2 sounded WAY better then the generation 3. IMO

S

Old 09-21-2007, 06:30 AM
Peachboy is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the healty debate chaps and hopefull nobody's feelings got hurt.

My last request would be for anyone around Toronto that have a TT with either EP or Tubi and wouldn't mind letting me hear it would be appreciated.

You can PM me.

Cheers.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:14 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Fabspeed Gen 3s are freakin awesome!

Old 09-21-2007, 10:48 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
Fabspeeds generation 3 exhaust is junk. Isnt it funny how they always have a revision. Why dont you release the best one first. Europipe hasnt changed a thing and the exhaust is the top of the industry. Im all about exterior sound as well as interior. If it sounds like a ricer outside I dont want it. The generation 2 sounded WAY better then the generation 3. IMO

S
Funny, I feel the same way about ep, sounds like a ricer dumptruck and drones like a mf, imo. Lets not get this started again, we'll agree to disagree.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:37 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
"Fabspeeds generation 3 exhaust is junk. Isnt it funny how they always have a revision. Why dont you release the best one first. Europipe hasnt changed a thing and the exhaust is the top of the industry. Im all about exterior sound as well as interior. If it sounds like a ricer outside I dont want it. The generation 2 sounded WAY better then the generation 3. IMO"

I'd rather deal with a company that constantly develops their product to stay cutting edge in technology. Otherwise we would still be driving 930s ( not a slight, I love the 930, but technology moves on). If EP is the top of the industry, what is the measure, surely not top horsepower. Fabspeed won that battle.
Fabspeed and EP are good exhausts, neither is junk by any stretch. Fabspeed is better IMO.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:45 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cpu77
I actually like my fabspeed (Has GT2 on it). Honestly I don't think you weanies have ever been in a v8 with a loud exhaust. Fabspeed has very little drone. I was worried before I actually got mine on and drove it. Honestly for $5400 IMHO I can buy a decent used car! Too me $3k is too much for a tiny exhaust. Any how I do think the europipes beat everyone hands down on fit and finish. I spend money on things some people would laugh at yet I ***** about spending $5k for a exhaust. To each his own. Oh yeah I love those Tubi Tips!
Uh, YEA, this "weanie" has... I've owned V8s in Mustangs and Corvettes, and stuffed in Datsun Zcars, and know damned well what LOUD is... And the fact that in Virginia you get pulled over and ticketed for your loud exhaust is more insult to the injury.

I want to be able to have a conversation with my wife with the stereo on in the background and NOT have a headache from fighting with volumes of conversation or music while trying to cancel out the horrific drone of the ****ty exhaust that came on the car, or the fabspeed that I tried replacing it with... Having to futz with trying to find the right RPM to cruise in to avoid the droning and panel buzz... It's a great car that is absolutely ruined as soon as you try to give it a little "sound"... It's kinda been like a light switch... either ON (and hurting my ears) or OFF...

****ty as my corvette was, it atleast had a decent number of options for exhausts without spending $5K...

TT Surgeon, I'm with you on a number of counts here... Shouldn't cost me TWICE the money for HALF the pipes that come on other sports cars... We're getting screwed by the makers of these systems because they assume we can afford a porsche, so we'll pay the porsche tax... YEA, We can, but the sting still is a sting...

Mike

Old 09-22-2007, 06:55 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Condor Man
It sounds like you need a Stock Exhaust.

Do you want to buy mine?? It only has 1200 Miles on it and ever since I have had the FS Gen 3 I have never been happier with the sound!!

Let me get this straight... He should either accept vibration and drone that cause headaches, or go BACK to a stock system... Can't have a DECENT system without the buzz and drone??? This is what we, the owners of otherwise fabulous automobiles should accept???

If that's the case, why the hell don't I just sell the F'n thing and buy a Ford Mustang?

There's got to be better options out there gang.

Mike

Old 09-22-2007, 07:22 AM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think it really matters what exhaust you put on ep, fab, etc, etc, there is going to be some resonance at the lower rpms no matter what aftermarket exhaust you have because that is the trade off you have to make for the sound and power. The extra restrictions of the stock exhaust take care of the problem, I have had about 4 of the top exhaust on my car and they all claimed no resonance or drone but of course it was there some worse than others. and ALL the aftermarket systems have some resonance and if you don't hear it you are just pretending. I personally decided to keep the performance exhaust on this time as I don't log tons of miles and a fun car ought to have a little bite in my opinion.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
I can't believe this has gone on for 5 pages. Personally I'd like to inject another recommendation to the discussion. I whole heartedly promote FVD. In your search if you buy without checking out FVD you're making a mistake. BTW it is my opinion that Fabspeed is mickey mouse.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Jamie, You and I need to hook up so I can hear yours... I'm in shop mode, and want to replace what's on mine. I'm only about 40 minutes south and west of you...

Mike

Old 09-22-2007, 09:10 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
First of all I dont own a Europipe common Exhuast which everyone has. Mine was custom made for my application. Number 2 I used to have a generation 2 fabspeed exhaust which made over 15whp less them my europipe. Third- I dont want ANY AMERICSN catalytic converter on a car that runs this much heat of the turbos. THe cats on a Fabspeed are junk and I cant wait till all you guys get some miles on that exhaust and you slowly loose power and wonder why. The fabspeed cats get to hot to quick and you will loose power. MY IMO. PS it sounds like junk. MY custom Eupropipe not only doesnt have a low end drone but it produces turbo whistle through the entire band of spool. Hence my purschase which was less then (3800 dollars total with new tips). I also dont want a 200 cell cat, for what.... more restiriction... no thanks, I dont have a stock car where im worried about CEL light coming on. I have a very modded car which has a program which is striaght pipe acceptable. I wanted an exhaust that sounds like german engineering not ricer technology. Ill put american made downpipes on my audi via AWE not on my porsche.

S

Last edited by Highhats; 09-22-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
If EP is the top of the industry, what is the measure, surely not top horsepower. Fabspeed won that battle.
Fabspeed and EP are good exhausts, neither is junk by any stretch. Fabspeed is better IMO.

Why doesnt someone with a little extra cash go buy these two mufflers and do an HP test. Im very curious now cause I dont beleive any of ths BS. Whoever buys these two exhausts will probably end up selling the EP cause they will get ALL ALL ALL there money back where if they decided to keep the EP and sell the FAbspeed they would take a 40% hit... Why cause its garbage and not worth anything! PS how many guys have posted used gen 3's on 6speed... um maybe .... 10 hahaha. I dare you to find one EP custom that has been sold. Let alone any EP2L or EP2Q under 3000. Why dont one of you call Stef at Europipe and have him explain the design of his catalytic converters so u all can become beleivers. Lets just say three pulls and not one HP loss when I put the exhaust on. Stef uses stock Porsche cat technology. THe pulls with the Fabspeed prior not only lost 15whp but kept loosing power as the cats kept getting hotter.

S

Last edited by Highhats; 09-22-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:21 AM
bluetosman is a splendid one to beholdbluetosman is a splendid one to beholdbluetosman is a splendid one to beholdbluetosman is a splendid one to beholdbluetosman is a splendid one to beholdbluetosman is a splendid one to beholdbluetosman is a splendid one to behold
europipe all the way
Originally Posted by Peachboy
Folks,

Can't make up my mind on a new exhaust, I've many old treads but it seems not that many people are familliar with at least two or all three of these exhaust.

Unfortunately, in the Great White North here there aren't enough modified 996 TTS to allow me to hear the difference.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Highhats
Why doesnt someone with a little extra cash go buy these two mufflers and do an HP test. Im very curious now cause I dont beleive any of ths BS. Whoever buys these two exhausts will probably end up selling the EP cause they will get ALL ALL ALL there money back where if they decided to keep the EP and sell the FAbspeed they would take a 40% hit... Why cause its garbage and not worth anything! PS how many guys have posted used gen 3's on 6speed... um maybe .... 10 hahaha. I dare you to find one EP custom that has been sold. Let alone any EP2L or EP2Q under 3000. Why dont one of you call Stef at Europipe and have him explain the design of his catalytic converters so u all can become beleivers. Lets just say three pulls and not one HP loss when I put the exhaust on. Stef uses stock Porsche cat technology. THe pulls with the Fabspeed prior not only lost 15whp but kept loosing power as the cats kept getting hotter.

S
First off, learn to use spell check. Secondly, you can keep your eurotrash exhaust and your constant Fabspeed bashing, I'll keep my made in USA Fabspeeds. Since you think Belgium is the end all in technology, when is the last time they went to the moon?? Where do you get your resale data? I'm sure it's anecdotal at best, probably the 6 speed classifieds. Last, where was EP in the horsepower shootout? Just another also ran.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tubi, Europipe or Fabspeed Gen III