996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tubi, Europipe or Fabspeed Gen III

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
First off, learn to use spell check. Secondly, you can keep your eurotrash exhaust and your constant Fabspeed bashing, I'll keep my made in USA Fabspeeds. Since you think Belgium is the end all in technology, when is the last time they went to the moon?? Where do you get your resale data? I'm sure it's anecdotal at best, probably the 6 speed classifieds. Last, where was EP in the horsepower shootout? Just another also ran.

this is the 996tt thread right? I see that you don't own one fella! Go cry about Fabspeed on the 997tt forum. wah wah wah!

Old 09-22-2007, 12:28 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
First off, learn to use spell check. Secondly, you can keep your eurotrash exhaust and your constant Fabspeed bashing, I'll keep my made in USA Fabspeeds. Since you think Belgium is the end all in technology, when is the last time they went to the moon?? Where do you get your resale data? I'm sure it's anecdotal at best, probably the 6 speed classifieds. Last, where was EP in the horsepower shootout? Just another also ran.
That's funny, you own a German car. When they had the HP shoot out, the Europipe that was tested was the Stage I not the Stage II with the larger diameter pipe (70mm). I attached my Dyno on one of my earlier posts. These are real person, with real world results without any hidden agenda. I think 25 rwhp and 58 ft-lbs of rwt is pretty impressive. Show me your personal dyno and stop relying on tuners for their unbiased results. Honestly I could care less what exhaust you buy. I'm not a paid spokesman for EP, I'm just trying to give my honest recommendation. If I wanted to be a jerk, I would lie and tell you to get something else and let you learn your own lesson, but I happen to be addicted to honesty.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 09-22-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:30 PM
ze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really nice
Are FS, FVD or Tubi as effective in reducing back pressure ?
Does anyone have a before/after dyno chart on an X50 ?

Old 09-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Barely off topic. Does anyone in the LA area have a EP I could hear. I have a FS Gen 3 and am very happy with the sound. I haven't noticed a drone either. However, I'm not happy with the fit. The tailpipes stick out too far.

Last edited by Onetime; 09-22-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:43 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Just loosen up and re-adjust, takes ten minutes.
HH, why don't you bring that bucket of bolts out to the track and give me a lesson
Let me know how my car sounds from behind.
C

Old 09-22-2007, 09:18 PM
modded997s is infamous around these parts

Does the muffler come with the tips pictured on that car? Also what is the retail price on this muffler and is this muffler availible w/o cats?
[/quote]

Old 09-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
As soon as shes back from Imagine Auto there will be a lot stirring up I promise. But sir it will be you in the rear view mirror...

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Just loosen up and re-adjust, takes ten minutes.
HH, why don't you bring that bucket of bolts out to the track and give me a lesson
Let me know how my car sounds from behind.
C

Old 09-23-2007, 12:23 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Surgeon, I can adjust the tips?

Old 09-23-2007, 09:09 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
I have been trying to keep out of the argument, but had to respond to this post
First off, learn to use spell check.
Really this is quite childish...There are a number of posts where spelling and grammar are neglected...remember this is an international site and not all members have English as a first language.
Secondly, you can keep your eurotrash exhaust and your constant Fabspeed bashing
Agreed...the bashing is unnecessary, so why are you bashing EP? Two wrongs don't make a right
I'll keep my made in USA Fabspeeds.
This may be the funniest thing I have read here...for your information 100% of the turbo is NOT made in the USA...doh!
Since you think Belgium is the end all in technology, when is the last time they went to the moon??
So fabspeed was involved in getting us to the moon...interesting comparison...Not
Where do you get your resale data?
Search to for sale section.I'm sure it's anecdotal at best, probably the 6 speed classifieds.
So getting data from examining what has sold or what is for sale in the 6speed classified is anecdotal?
Last, where was EP in the horsepower shootout? Just another also ran.
This study was anecdotal at best...and biased.

On a more serious note...exhaust sound is a very personal thing...the best advice is to hear it (preferably on your car with you driving) to make the best decision...Not many of us are willing to test exhaust in this fashion. We all like to think the decision we made is the best one...hence the emotional defense of our purchase. This is all rather entertaining, but there will never be a definitive answer to which exhaust is best...it is too subjective.