996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tubi, Europipe or Fabspeed Gen III

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 06:28 AM
Peachboy is infamous around these parts
Tubi, Europipe or Fabspeed Gen III

Folks,

Can't make up my mind on a new exhaust, I've many old treads but it seems not that many people are familliar with at least two or all three of these exhaust.

Unfortunately, in the Great White North here there aren't enough modified 996 TTS to allow me to hear the difference.

Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2007, 06:46 AM
MGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to behold
Check out my recent post....my Europipe S2 Loud fitted great !!

Old 09-18-2007, 07:02 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
so I heard the fabspeed gen 3 a couple days ago can e say ricer exhaust. No turbo whistle nothing sounds like a **** can. Stay away IMO.

You know Ill say go europipe from my tag. So Ill repeat the inevitable! GO EUROPIPE and be happy!

S

Old 09-18-2007, 07:25 AM
porschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really nice
Originally Posted by MGS996TT
Check out my recent post....my Europipe S2 Loud fitted great !!
Ditto on the fitment. I too can only attest to the OEM and the Europipe units, but here goes. The Europipe Company is a real class act. I bought my pipe (Europipe II Loud) direct from the factory. I was told that the Louds are made to order. Stef (Male I believe) told me when it was going to fabricated and shipped and they were ahead of schedule. They delivered the week they said they were going to build. They roll stamped my name below the trade name and serial number. The pip comes with a set of tools to assist in removing and installing the pipes. The tips are adjustable on a spherical style coupling made by Aeroquip (Read big aerospace company). Much like my 964's exhaust couplings on the mufflers. It allows one to perfectly align the tips to the body and to keep them symmetric to the body and to each other. The unit is not a high luster mirror finish like the Billy Boat, Fabspeed, or Tubi. They have a polished mill finish that is easier to keep clean. The welds are a work of art as well as the whole craftsmanship. My feeling on the mirror finish is that it is a glamour sales point.

Picture 1 shows the roll stamping
Picture 2 shows the completed assembly with I guess the shop mascot
Picture 3 shows the Flange that mates with the Turbo
Picture 4 shows the Catalytic Converter tack welded to can (Pre-Muffler)
Picture 5 shows the belled end that mates with spherical ball of the adjustable clamp.

With that said, the Europipe people exceeded my expectations. I’m very happy with my purchase. I guess one should consider the time involved with making testaments about good products and happy customers. Food for thought...

Attached Images      
Old 09-18-2007, 07:47 AM
MGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to behold
Here's a few more pics (Europipe S2 Loud)

Arrived boxed & ready for installation, complete with tool kit.

Polished the internal finish of the tips

Job complete!

Last edited by MGS996TT; 09-18-2007 at 07:48 AM. Reason: wording
Old 09-18-2007, 08:05 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I don't know WTF you heard, but mine sounds great, clearly hear the turbo whistle. Probably not the gen 3's. Personally, I think the europipe louds sound like **** (drove one on a 996tt about 500 miles), drones like a **********er, but if that's what you want, go for it!
FABSPEED ROCKS

Old 09-18-2007, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I don't know WTF you heard, but mine sounds great, clearly hear the turbo whistle. Probably not the gen 3's. Personally, I think the europipe louds sound like **** (drove one on a 996tt about 500 miles), drones like a **********er, but if that's what you want, go for it!
FABSPEED ROCKS
I look forward to the fireworks your comments will create.

One happy Europipe owner.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:16 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Personally, I think the europipe louds sound like **** (drove one on a 996tt about 500 miles), drones like a **********er, but if that's what you want, go for it!
FABSPEED ROCKS
Yea, what the hell do those Belgians and Germans know about building anything?

Last edited by 9Eleven; 09-18-2007 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:23 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Can't wait! Bring it on!

Old 09-18-2007, 08:26 AM
MariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the rough
I am only considering 9FF and Europipe...

Old 09-18-2007, 09:36 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Call Sharkey,

He is one of the few that has probably sold all three.
The good surgeon above is the only one I have ever heard that didnt like Europipe.
I personally dont like the quality of Fabspeed or its owner.
I love my EP Sg 2 quiet. I settled on it after only trying (3) others...

MK

Old 09-18-2007, 09:52 AM
formulab is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

IMHO, love my europipe, no droning at all in my car for your info. fit and finish is second to none. can't go wrong with this exhaust.

just my 2 cents

Old 09-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
I've only experienced the Europipe, so I hate the other two.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:42 AM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
Can't wait! Bring it on!
Fabspeed is a big time POS. Europipe rocks. Its on a different planet, you can't even compare the two...

Old 09-18-2007, 10:43 AM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
by the way, anyone know if the ep 2 loud can be made to order even louder?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tubi, Europipe or Fabspeed Gen III