996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Bay Area body shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 10:48 PM
blinkwatt is infamous around these parts
Bay Area body shop

If you were at the Carlsen Porsche/Santana Row meet you know I crashed my Boxster.....which brings me to the issue I have now.

I'm from Sacramento,the car in Redwood City at Carlsen Porsche. I wasn't going to drive it back to Sacramento how it was. It's left at Carlsen Porsche,who will take care of the mechanical work if any is needed.

Do you guys recommend any shops in the Bay Area to get the body work done?

I want the job done RIGHT,that's most important. I don't want to have drive back down there just to find out something wasn't blended right or such.

I'm going to have a couple of special request for whoever does the body work,nothing off-the-wall.

I was thinking of using Mathews Carlsen Body Works,anyone have experience with them?

*Please don't remove this thread from the 996Turbo/GT2 section. I posted in this section because they have the most Bay Area members and it has a lot more traffic then the Boxster section.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:18 AM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
the works in santa clara

Old 10-02-2007, 04:44 PM
TurboLove is infamous around these parts
dont have experience, but would have recommended Carlsen Body in Palo Alto too since they're connected to Carlsen Porsche too. They've been in the business a very long time. May want to check out BBB too. Others can chime in.....

Old 10-02-2007, 10:14 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
chris at The works autobody in santa clara is very good.
you can also contact cecil beach at bodystyle.
mathew carlsen is second to any of the above choices. just b/c they do a lot of porsche doesn't mean they are any good. they butched a lot of them.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:31 PM
tthoang1 is infamous around these parts
I live up in Marin, and I recommend Whitman's Auto Body in San Rafael. They do a lot of Porsches.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:33 PM
FlyYellow is infamous around these partsFlyYellow is infamous around these parts
cecil at bodystyle - no one better, no one more expensive, no one insurance companies hate more. - A TRUE PERFECTIONIST

Old 05-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
Thread Revival!

Hey guys I need some opinions for good body shops in the bay area. Rich (RIA) so generously gave me his old turbo front bumper so I can replace my front bumper with the bumper warts. Since his bumper is currently seal gray, I'll need to get it resprayed Polar Silver to match my car and was interested in any recommendations for a place that does good paint work. I've searched the archives and got some leads there but all the threads I found are several years old, so I figured I'd see if anybody has any new recommendations or props for those shops already mentioned. Thanks

Old 05-06-2011, 10:17 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Hey Eric,
There is a bodyshop sign outside the Porsche of Fremont service center. I know a guy from PCA got a wing painted from them. It came out pretty good and the cost wasn't bad.
Eugene

Old 05-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MY996TT
Hey Eric,
There is a bodyshop sign outside the Porsche of Fremont service center. I know a guy from PCA got a wing painted from them. It came out pretty good and the cost wasn't bad.
Eugene
So is the body shop part of Porsche of Fremont?

Old 05-06-2011, 03:24 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
I don't think so.

[QUOTE=Nor Cal Turbo;3197816]So is the body shop part of Porsche of Fremont?[/QUOTE]

Old 05-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by MY996TT
I don't think so.
If you can remember the name of the place, let me know. I've called a few places that have been recomended and got some quotes but want to make sure it gets done right.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Turbo
If you can remember the name of the place, let me know. I've called a few places that have been recomended and got some quotes but want to make sure it gets done right.
Porsche of Fremont (Gunter) has recommended Fremont Collision Care Center to me before when I asked about having a bumper painted and installed. I believe that's the place on the sign in the service area. I've talked with the estimator at Fremont Collision and he has toured me around their facility. They seem to know what they're talking about, and they certainly are working on some high-end cars in their shop.

EMC is another place I'm aware of on this side of the Bay. I'm not as familiar with them.

Did you get an OEM stock bumper or aftermarket? I've got a seal grey car -- maybe I can use it . Seriously though, if it's just stock, was your bumper too far gone to recondition?

Old 05-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Aerodude
Porsche of Fremont (Gunter) has recommended Fremont Collision Care Center to me before when I asked about having a bumper painted and installed. I believe that's the place on the sign in the service area. I've talked with the estimator at Fremont Collision and he has toured me around their facility. They seem to know what they're talking about, and they certainly are working on some high-end cars in their shop.

EMC is another place I'm aware of on this side of the Bay. I'm not as familiar with them.

Did you get an OEM stock bumper or aftermarket? I've got a seal grey car -- maybe I can use it . Seriously though, if it's just stock, was your bumper too far gone to recondition?
Thanks for the name of the place Eugene. I'll talk to them. I've talked to a few places so far. Bodystyle (Cecil Beach), The Works in Santa, and Mathews-Carlsen in Palo Alto.

There is nothing wrong with my current front bumper other than the fact that my car is an early 2001 with the front bumper that has bumperettes. I'm not a fan of the front bumperettes and I want them gone. Since removing the bumperettes requires repairing my bumper, it is easier to just get another bumper skin and repaint than to repair my bumper and then respray it as well. Rich (RIA) is graceously giving me his old OEM 996tt bumper to use since he has a GT2 bumper.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Turbo
Thanks for the name of the place Eugene. I'll talk to them. I've talked to a few places so far. Bodystyle (Cecil Beach), The Works in Santa, and Mathews-Carlsen in Palo Alto.

There is nothing wrong with my current front bumper other than the fact that my car is an early 2001 with the front bumper that has bumperettes. I'm not a fan of the front bumperettes and I want them gone. Since removing the bumperettes requires repairing my bumper, it is easier to just get another bumper skin and repaint than to repair my bumper and then respray it as well. Rich (RIA) is graceously giving me his old OEM 996tt bumper to use since he has a GT2 bumper.
In case I do a bumper upgrade in the future (it's on my list), I'd be interested in hearing who you decide to go with and if you're happy with their work.