996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dominated by a Ford Festiva????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Silv3rBull3t is infamous around these parts
Dominated by a Ford Festiva????

Yup 911 Turbo's with people that don't know how to drive (so PLEASE learn how to drive so I can rest easy knowing there is more to cars and performance than a FESTIVA) can and will get dominated by my Festiva with 83hp. Think it can't happen? Check it out:

http://www.sjr-scca.org/solo/070923results.html

-Kyle

Old 09-25-2007, 09:47 AM
ol'school is infamous around these parts
I was expecting to see a video.What's up!!!!!!

Old 09-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Silv3rBull3t
Yup 911 Turbo's with people that don't know how to drive (so PLEASE learn how to drive so I can rest easy knowing there is more to cars and performance than a FESTIVA) can and will get dominated by my Festiva with 83hp. Think it can't happen? Check it out:

http://www.sjr-scca.org/solo/070923results.html

-Kyle
You're not making a point yet. An SM car could be running
full race tires, no glass, completely gutted, weighing 1200lbs,
and have 2" of rock-hard suspension travel. The Porsche in
question is probably bone-stock with full-tread street tires.
Here's a result where I was beaten by a Datsun 1200:

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results..._lists.html#oa

Depending on the course, any full-sized car might
be at a disadvantage to a sub-compact. As the
courses grow to life-sized (street-sized course
widths and block-long straights), that disadvantage
goes away. I doubt the Festiva is much of a challenge
on the street, or if the Porsche even ran street-legal
Hoosiers and maybe got more than .5 deg negative
camber.
An effeminate tweener can win a fight with a big
wrestler if the fight starts out just before the wrestler
wakes up, and the tweener is wearing heavy boots...
Joe

Old 09-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Blair_MD is infamous around these parts
There are hundreds of 15 year old kids driving 400cc go karts that could slaughter most street cars, are they better drivers? maybe but more than likely it has to do with the gear and setup. this is not an apples to apples comparison.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:46 AM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
yawn.........

Old 09-25-2007, 11:49 AM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute

Old 09-25-2007, 01:02 PM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
There was also a Festiva made (Leno had one, Car and Driver did an article) called the Shogun that had a ~300 hp taurus SHO engine that was mounted where the back seats used to be and the rear end was widened to accomidate. That would put an **** whippin on a lot of cars.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:06 PM
.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cohare
There was also a Festiva made (Leno had one, Car and Driver did an article) called the Shogun that had a ~300 hp taurus SHO engine that was mounted where the back seats used to be and the rear end was widened to accomidate. That would put an **** whippin on a lot of cars.
Leno has one-

with a great video:

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/...l?vidID=103369

Old 09-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Ice's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura about
Wow your Festive is the shiit!!!!!

Can't wait for the next Festiva show to see your car.

Also can u give me a link to join the Festiva club, I heard chicks dig festiva's!!

FRECKIN RIDICULOUS!!

Old 09-25-2007, 02:07 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Kyle,

My friend let me give you some advice. If you want to stay around here very long that is not the way to do it. Might I suggest a book called "How to win friends and influence people" because you have failed big time!

Old 09-25-2007, 03:11 PM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
oh man I didnt read this throughly enough, I did know he was bragging.

to each his own, I didnt buy my car to be the fastest in a strait line or around a track because there will always be a faster car out there. I bought it to fufill a childhood dream - maybe that is the case here..

Old 09-25-2007, 03:58 PM
rafiki is infamous around these parts
I just inherited a Festiva from an employee who was given a company car(Toyota Echo).

Had to beg the dealer to take it off my hands as a trade in...I got $200 for it!

If I knew that it would outperform my 996tt, it would've been a keeper and I would have traded in my 996tt on the Echo.....NOT.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
People still **** cones???

Put your big boy panties on and come join us at a road course, and then you'll eat your words...

Oh, and I have a BUNCH of FREE festiva parts parts for you, if you want to come to Va. and get them... My dad used them for years as commutors and lots of parts were left over...

Mike

Old 09-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Ok, first off it was to brag a bit yes, but more a challenge. I know there are modded 911 TT's in Jersey that I think should be up for a friendly challenge. I was merely trying to provoke someone to come out and show me how a "real" car can RACE rather than talk online about how great their car is. Obviously my $450 car is not the same caliber car in stature or prowess that is not what I'm comparing although everyone here apparently believes both are more important in what I am talking about in this thread. If no one is up to the challenge, then so be it. I thought a very high end PERFORMANCE car would be into showing someone that obviously has a ****ty car how it can PERFORM. What was I thinking?!

And just so you know, street modified allows for engine swaps, bigger brakes, suspension and weight reduction but the weight has to be maintained per engine size so a turbo 1.0 has to weigh more than a 1.0ltr car and a 1.6 NA car has to weigh more than a 1.0 NA car (there are associated specified weights but I will not get into that here). Also, you are not allowed to change out glass for plexi or anything and the car MUST have a full interior although you are allowed to take out the rear seat.

Personally, my car has a total of $4000 into it. I have a 1.6 SOHC Mazda 323 engine 83hp, suspension work (it has a rear beam showing you how complex and performance oriented it is), no camber whatsoever, full weight no weight reduction, and yes it does have race tires. But if you happen to also notice on there that a Street Touring car Scott's 91 Civic ran .3s slower and that car is running on STREET TIRES was very close to my time. So I would suspect that a Porsche running on 315's where as either Scott or my car are running on 225's and 215's respectively should be a good apples to apples comparison...

If anyone here would like to take the challenge I will be at the South Jersey SCCA event on the 14th of October, Northern Jersey SCCA on the 20th, 27th, Nov. 3rd. I welcome and would love to see it. I respect your cars and want to see what they can really do... -Kyle

Old 09-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
People still **** cones???

Put your big boy panties on and come join us at a road course, and then you'll eat your words...

Oh, and I have a BUNCH of FREE festiva parts parts for you, if you want to come to Va. and get them... My dad used them for years as commutors and lots of parts were left over...

Mike
Where do you run?? VIR, Summit Point, Shenandoah? VIR full course- 2:25 Summit Point- 1:31 Shenandoah (crossover config)- 1:45 -Kyle

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dominated by a Ford Festiva????