996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

O/T - STi Pictures w/coilovers, basic mods, wheels....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 07:57 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
O/T - STi Pictures w/coilovers, basic mods, wheels....

Those of you thinking of a daily driver, yet fun to drive might want to consider the Subaru STI. 13.2 in the 1/4 mi from factory, and a blast to drive. Here are some pics.....

Old 08-16-2003, 09:11 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
Does it come with that stereo?

Does the STi come with that alpine head unit,, or did you add?

Old 08-16-2003, 09:17 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
i ADDED that.

Old 08-16-2003, 09:17 PM
PN-
PN- is infamous around these parts
Nice........
Love the defi Gauges...Love them!!

PN

Old 08-16-2003, 09:35 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Shank, that is the nicest set up I've seen on a scooby! How does it run? Are you happy with it? I've been thinking of getting one also.

Old 08-16-2003, 10:03 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
We drove both the STi and EVO. The STi pulled harder for sure but I think the EVO handles a little better. Of course this was all stock vs stock... and we all know we like to leave cars stock

Oak you are too much of a baller for an STi Look at that Turbo you have hehe.

Old 08-16-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by oak
Shank, that is the nicest set up I've seen on a scooby! How does it run? Are you happy with it? I've been thinking of getting one also.
Oak, the car runs great. I have no cats on the car currently. I still plan on putting a larger turbo and front mount intercooler, injectors, pump, etc... www.aps-wrx.com dealer in IL will be doing the work. Hey, the car with under 8k of mods will do low 11's in the 1/4 and over 160mph top speed. Just waiting for the ECU to come out for the STi as it is an all new motor.
The shifter has short throws, car is tight and handles well, great with the coilovers, and I have the Bridgestone S03's on 18x 8 wheels. These tires RULE!! Feels very sticky. When all is said and done, I will post dyno sheets. Expecting between 410 to 430HP to the wheels. It does not come with any radio, but is prewired. I hooked up an Alpine Head unit with XM, CD, JL Audio AMps, JL Audio subwoofer with propietary amp, MB Quart speakers, and it sounds fantastic. No Distortion.

Shank

Old 08-16-2003, 10:23 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
For 8k I'm pretty sure you could be in the 10s Best of luck with it.. sounds like a fun project and a darn sight less mullah than on our Porsches

Old 08-17-2003, 10:10 AM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
Great mods, Shank... a touch of class makes that import go a long ways! Great pix too... especially that 1st pix, with the Jets trailing across the background!

Old 08-17-2003, 10:36 AM
PN-
PN- is infamous around these parts
Shank,

Is this the same APS like the one down under here in Australia ?

From the website I can see it has OZ cars etc etc.

Old 08-17-2003, 10:54 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Boy you sure know how to pick them...Looks great!!

Old 08-17-2003, 01:06 PM
Chris Y. is infamous around these parts
Shank...

Man...the scoobys look awesome in blue! I was thinking of one too, but my local dealer is asking 10k over! Hell no.

Does it come with coilovers from the factory, or are those your addition?

Good luck!

Old 08-17-2003, 01:43 PM
Andrew708
Looks nice Ryan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!keep this one

Old 08-17-2003, 02:40 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Re: Does it come with that stereo?

Originally posted by Pistol
Does the STi come with that alpine head unit,, or did you add?
it doesn't come w/ a radio

but it's all prewired

Shank, the exhaust looks ****!

Also, have you done the downpipe too?

Also, where you able to pick it up for MSRP? I've been looking around and everyone in So Cal is charging a premium.

this most likely will be my next car if I don't decide to get a truck for towing reasons.

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 08-17-2003 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-17-2003, 05:03 PM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
The car looks great...except for that huge wing! WOW is that big!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: O/T - STi Pictures w/coilovers, basic mods, wheels....