996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

So thats what 205mph looks...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:41 PM
silver_6r is infamous around these parts
holy crap.... to think i have only done 300km/hr on a bike but that extra 30 makes a huge difference!!

must be fun

Old 09-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet... welcome to the double century club.

It's a short and distinguished list around here... just like my, wait, no, nevermind.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:28 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Vicious
Sweet... welcome to the double century club.

It's a short and distinguished list around here... just like my, wait, no, nevermind.

haha

that was EXTREME man...like totally whoaaaaa RAAAAD SIIIIIKKKK

the sad part is...thats totally true...haha, thats redic man!

Old 09-27-2007, 09:31 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
damn, so that's what it looks like. I bested my personal record from last year in the Ruf on this year's Players Run in the DTM. I'm now a member of the double century club twice over

Old 09-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone else a member of the 210mph with the top off and windows down club?

1400rwhp roadsters are the shizzzzzzle

Old 09-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Cedric is infamous around these parts
That is insane man. Hats off to you!
You guys take a lot of risks.

Reminds me of this "Polish Adam" guy in his LP640.
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwgLvK830xI[/MEDIA]

I was told 200mph in LP640 is like doing 120mph in some cars. You feel nothing. But a RUF... scary.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:11 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Man, what a sound on that flyby... You cats have some major ***** to hit the 210 family...

Old 09-27-2007, 10:17 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
AMAZING, that was like me on the highway tonight LOL!!!!

Old 09-27-2007, 10:23 PM
jay_ftw is infamous around these parts
Wow, that is insane! Your taillights aren't visible like 3 seconds later hahah!

Old 09-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Freier is infamous around these parts
c-ya. That was fast.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:34 PM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
I wish I was on that car

Old 09-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Diddy
Wow, that is insane! Your taillights aren't visible like 3 seconds later hahah!
It really is a crazy perspective to run that fast really late at night and pass someone going 70ish. You see these lights in the distance, and in seconds you're by them and they are gone in the mirror before you know it.

This is one area dominated by the mega HP TT Vipers and TT-GTs. The ability to pull upward of 230 in 5th and then drop it to 6th and roll along at 200 turning 4k rpm is a feeling like no other. Hearing the turbos whistle and the way the car feels like it's just squatting down, it's exactly what those cars were built for.

Damn things are so smooth and stable it's like a concord with 4 wheels.

Interesting high speed fact. On a viper there is a surprising low pressure zone right around the doors, so if you think you're being slick and fold the mirrors in, they snap back out around 170.

Anyone who thinks they are a car guy needs to run up over 200 in a street car sometime, it's a hell of an experience. With 800 or so to the wheels you can get there in a hurry and slowed back down before anyone is the wiser.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:09 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Prince Ced
I was told 200mph in LP640 is like doing 120mph in some cars. You feel nothing. But a RUF... scary.
My Ruf was built to go 200mph all day long. And as I was passing an LP640 at about 180mph in my DTM, so is it as well. I can tell you that if anything were to go wrong at those speeds, I'd much rather be in my Ruf than an LP. Lambos are built to look fast (coming from a guy who loves Lambos as well), but at those speeds, they're out of their league.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by Vicious
Anyone else a member of the 210mph with the top off and windows down club?
Can't say that I'm in that club yet. Know of any TTGT's for sale Vicious?

Old 09-27-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by silversurfer
Can't say that I'm in that club yet. Know of any TTGT's for sale Vicious?
Actually yeah I might.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So thats what 205mph looks...