996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

So thats what 205mph looks...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:20 PM
JonnyTTSB is infamous around these parts
Wow

Wholly Crap!!!

Old 09-27-2007, 11:56 PM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
That is outrageous!

Old 09-28-2007, 12:04 AM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by robmd99
So, if this car has around 700 hp think about the Porsches with around 850 hp..... hmmm
That car is a Ruf 550 engine, (albeit an extremely strong one)

Old 09-28-2007, 12:06 AM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Vicious
Sweet... welcome to the double century club.

It's a short and distinguished list around here... just like my, wait, no, nevermind.
Thanks, but I joined that club in the Yellowbird when i was 17, 214mph

Old 09-28-2007, 12:26 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by silversurfer
My Ruf was built to go 200mph all day long. And as I was passing an LP640 at about 180mph in my DTM, so is it as well. I can tell you that if anything were to go wrong at those speeds, I'd much rather be in my Ruf than an LP. Lambos are built to look fast (coming from a guy who loves Lambos as well), but at those speeds, they're out of their league.
Hmm interesting to hear.... The Lambo's weight and awd just makes it very solid feeling, although ive never been up at those speeds in one, in my turbo and RUF yes, M3/M5 yes, all were damn solid, only thing scary about my GT2 is the interior noise from no sound deadening at those speeds HAHAH!

Old 09-28-2007, 12:57 AM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
Anyone who thinks they are a car guy needs to run up over 200 in a street car sometime, it's a hell of an experience. With 800 or so to the wheels you can get there in a hurry and slowed back down before anyone is the wiser.
amen to that

Old 09-28-2007, 01:10 AM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Hmm interesting to hear.... The Lambo's weight and awd just makes it very solid feeling, although ive never been up at those speeds in one, in my turbo and RUF yes, M3/M5 yes, all were damn solid, only thing scary about my GT2 is the interior noise from no sound deadening at those speeds HAHAH!
solid yes, but I've pulled away from Lambo XYZ (including non-production vehicles like the SVR) at those speeds. The Murcs are limited to just over 190+. Maybe for a reason? I've heard of many a L Car hitting a dip and going airborne a la Torquenstein (Viper) in the '04 Gumball. I hit a dip in the DTM, all 4 came off the ground, and came right back down. The car squatted and kept right on going. I just don't get that same feeling of solidness from the Lambos.

Speaking of interior noise...I was driving a Lambo GTR today. Something about driving at triple digits while peering out the holes in the floorboard to see the pavement about two inches below....

Old 09-28-2007, 01:30 AM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by silversurfer
Speaking of interior noise...I was driving a Lambo GTR today. Something about driving at triple digits while peering out the holes in the floorboard to see the pavement about two inches below....
thats ****ing awesome

Old 09-28-2007, 01:53 AM
WTRacing is infamous around these parts
that was just bad ***!

Old 09-28-2007, 05:38 AM
stretch is infamous around these parts
Damn. I can only imagine what it feels like in the drivers seat at that speed.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:11 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Thanks Adam for the clip.

Through the years it's kind of funny to notice that one English guy with a red Ruf has done a lot of more interesting films than almost all the other members combined

Anyone who thinks they are a car guy needs to run up over 200 in a street car sometime, it's a hell of an experience.
Yes it is.

If this starts as a pissing contest I must remind everyone that seeing 200 mph on the speedo is quite different than 200 mph on the GPS, on most cars at least.
In most cases to achieve the latter one you would need a bit more power, a bit longer 6th gear or a bit longer road.
I don't know how many times I've went 200 mph on the speedo but on the gps it's much rarer...

Btw. You seem to be a Viper guy, I doubt they are that good driving 300km/h+ over extended periods with the stock aerodynamics?
Perhaps in need of a big rear wing like the racing Vipers or no?
Of course with 1000 hp or so you can get to 200 mph in no time, but I doubt if you take a curvy Autobahn and a Porsche Turbo and a Viper that the Porsche is much more easier to drive through the bends going over 300 km/h+...
Haven't driven a Viper myself (rare cars in Finland, only like 5-10 examples in the whole country) so this is just an assumption.
One of the main advantages of the modern 911s is the great stability in high speeds compared to other sports cars (great for Autobahn )

Old 09-28-2007, 07:32 AM
JoshBsZ is infamous around these parts
Damn that was fast. wow.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:21 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Adam that is crazy fast! Be careful out there!

Old 09-28-2007, 08:25 AM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
That was sick fast...seemed like you were out running your head lights.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:53 AM
dublinoh is infamous around these partsdublinoh is infamous around these parts
evoviiiyou....That was my thought also...be safe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So thats what 205mph looks...