996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My car burned up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 10:29 PM
mojottx50 is a splendid one to beholdmojottx50 is a splendid one to beholdmojottx50 is a splendid one to beholdmojottx50 is a splendid one to beholdmojottx50 is a splendid one to beholdmojottx50 is a splendid one to beholdmojottx50 is a splendid one to behold
sad to see a beauty 996tt get burned down., glad your okay, good luck with your next car.....

Old 10-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Ray M is infamous around these parts
Been there with my 996TT...

Do you recall seeing smoke/losing hydraulic pressure before the fire (difficult steering/clutch engagement)?

Old 10-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Red996 is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear that brother ,, glad to see you ok

Old 10-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Confused is infamous around these parts
thats some scary stuff. With all the electronics involved in our cars is it possible to get locked in?

Old 10-01-2007, 08:09 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Man Dave, that is a sick sight that I hope I never have to endure... Hang in there man and when you get more information, let us know, we're all family here!!!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:40 PM
clt8981 is infamous around these parts
holy hell, what part of town did this happen? was it on the news?

Old 10-21-2007, 03:18 PM
mambodave is infamous around these parts
All I can really say is that State Farm went above and beyond on value PLUS my upgrades. After this I will always use state farm if im able to. They paid retail excellent book value plus all my receipts.

As far as the official report. I have not seen it yet. The forensic engineer and the ins co said that it the power steering was belived to be the cause, but I havent got the report in hand. They are in the process of dismantling the car and comparing it to one that was not burned.

Here is my official statement. I was driving and heard a whining noise, then the winning got very loud. As I stared to pull over, smoke and flames were almost immediate. When I tried to push the clutch in, it was solid as a rock. I cut the car off, jumped out and ran like hell. In less than 3 minutes the entire car was engulfed.

I cant comment on other actions at this time. We have filed a nhtsa report, and if you have had a simliar incident, please file one with them also.

To date, I have not been contacted by the dealer or PNA or anyone representing them. I did go to the dealer to get the records for ins, but all i got were condolences.

I had to buy a daily driver.. so until we figure out whats going on with further action (if any), I picked up an S55 AMG to ease the pain.

Attached Images   

Last edited by mambodave; 10-21-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:52 PM
snapscan is infamous around these parts
Unbelievable, glad your alright. Thank god for insurance.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:10 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Glad to hear State Farm took care of you!

Old 10-22-2007, 05:16 AM
996TTSCAB is infamous around these parts
Holly Smokes! Very sorry to hear this sad, a really sad story.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:10 PM
mambodave is infamous around these parts
Update Guys,

Still working on this.. Ins co had a forensic investigator look at the car and its a combination of a few things to include,

Power steering pump failure along with whomever had the engine out last (ill keep names out of this) has some liability.

I still waiting on the shops response, and have a letter out to PNA HQ.

If i dont get a response here in a few weeks, I will post full details.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:10 PM
ckm88 is infamous around these parts
Interesting...keep us updated!

Old 05-15-2008, 08:04 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Wow. That's like 7 months! Very interested in the gory details... update us when you can.

A

Old 05-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Please do

Old 05-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
I had to stand there and watch mine burn last Sept too. Turned out to be electrical issue behind the radio (stock CDR220). I now have Halon extinguishers in both of the P cars....it's seems a bit strange that guys will quite literally spend thousands of dollars (like I did) on modding their cars, yet won't spend the $250 or so for an efficient 2.5 pound Halon extinguisher with a good Brey Kraus bracket with a quick release on it. I've revamped my priorities insofar as add-ons goes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car burned up