996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996tt= How to get more AWD traction to Front ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 11:55 PM
porschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of light
996tt= How to get more AWD traction to Front ??

With the viscous coupling used in the 996tt, I would like to get some more feel of a " all wheel drive " system. Maybe I am too used to my Audi quattro's center diff. When i come out of a corner kicking out the back end i would like to have the car pull itself back in a little more with the front...

Old 09-29-2007, 08:25 AM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
My car will pull with the front some. You may be experiencing a very noticable push from the turbos putting out so much power. I notice there is a fine line of push then slightly give enough throttle for front to help pull. If you give too much the weight is in the back and the rears are soo much larger that the front will struggle to aid you. I have heard that the explosive boost of the 640 kit may make it trickier to throttle modulate. I don't know if this is true but I do notice that if too much rear weight bias from accelerating deffinately can reduce front bite feel. On my car if I go over half throttle or so the front seems to know what I am looking for and will start to pull some. If too much throttle then 225 or 235 tires is no match for 295or 315 rears with all the weight on them. Just my 2 cents. Have you replaced your sways? That helps a good bit. Good luck.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
Try getting front tires that are slightly larger in diameter than
the rears. That will force the viscous unit to put more torque
to the front.
Joe

Old 09-29-2007, 11:44 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Try a front swaybar, you are probably overpowering it in turns.