996 Turbo Vendor Classifieds

996 TT Titanium Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Collections Ban
peppeusa is infamous around these parts
We are currently developing something like this for Lamborghini....
Cost for a Porsche 996 Turbo will be not high...I will post here when we will have something available...

Originally Posted by 996Choy
Wondering how much would it cost to make a custom exhaust where one could switch between a normal setup and straight pipe (via a control inside the car), similar to this?

Old 06-23-2009, 09:26 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by peppeusa
We are currently developing something like this for Lamborghini....
Cost for a Porsche 996 Turbo will be not high...I will post here when we will have something available...
Giuliano,

Great stuff... looks very promising!

Edwin

Old 06-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
When you have pictures of the exhaust installed on a 996TT, could you share those with us? I'd say that under car shots with the car on a lift would be preferred (if possible). Thanks again for your time.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
the only thing you guys should realize on this exhaust is that it will be LOUD, with a capital L. I have a custom designed exhaust with two race style mufflers on each side, similar to this, except with a crossover to balance out both sides. It is very loud, about 10% quieter than cats with no mufflers. The crossover actually took some of the edge off the sound, but cold start is insane, and once it settles down it is bearable to me. But if you are sensitive to noise, these kinds of exhausts are not for you. I like them however.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Collections Ban
@ Steve Theodore I will post pictures under the car and a video too....

@ Prche951 Are you talking about mine or about the one 996Choy posted?

If you are talking about that one....yes in a open configuration its VERY loud and impressive....a distracted cop will notice it....no doubt!
Ours AT IDLE is noticeable but not that loud as you said....fortunately....

Old 06-23-2009, 02:53 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

peppeusa,

Your exhaust looks very promising! The construction looks great! And most importantly, your price is incredible, and seems to be priced less than many of the stainless exhaust systems out there! Very well done!

I look forward to your other products.

Also, do you have a website that lists your parts?

Old 06-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Since these are coming from Europe, any ballpark number on shipping costs to the USA? Thanks for taking all of our questions.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:13 PM
DJM
DJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really nice
Sorry if I am the daft one who keeps asking questions, but do you reuse the factory tips or is it as represented in the photo?

Old 06-24-2009, 02:37 AM
Collections Ban
@ AWD Thanks! We are trying to do our best to keep the same high quality and prices low... We are finishing our website and I will post here ASAP!

@ Steve Theodore Shipping with Fedex for this exhaust is 100 $

@ DJM Sorry for the late answer...yes we can use the factory tips or you can choose ours...no charge for it!

Old 06-24-2009, 04:19 AM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
Thanks, please let us know when you have a prototype of that switchable exhaust available - I'm sure a lot of us would be keen!

Old 06-24-2009, 04:28 AM
Collections Ban
@ 996Choy I know that Japanese brand that produce these exhausts....they are nice but very very expensive to me...

Old 06-24-2009, 08:41 AM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by peppeusa
@ 996Choy I know that Japanese brand that produce these exhausts....they are nice but very very expensive to me...
I know that's why if you can make a cheaper version, I'd be dying to get one!

Old 06-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Collections Ban
The only problem is to get that special valve they have on the exhaust....

Old 06-24-2009, 09:28 AM
mose55 is infamous around these parts
Those exhaust cut-off valves are notorious for not lasting too long given the environment that they operate in. Great concept though...will allow running on noise limited tracks without messing around with the mufflers and stil have a straight through when desired.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Collections Ban
Its exactly what I thought! I'm trying to develop a more durable system....

Originally Posted by mose55
Those exhaust cut-off valves are notorious for not lasting too long given the environment that they operate in. Great concept though...will allow running on noise limited tracks without messing around with the mufflers and stil have a straight through when desired.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 TT Titanium Exhaust