996 Turbo Vendor Classifieds

DCTMS T96 Sport steering wheel for 996/986 models

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 08:22 PM
ramman5600 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vantaredoc
After looking at the swatches and living with this wheel for a while, it's my opinion that the wrong color was used. The Savannah shown on the swatch looks like a close match to my interior

That's what I was thinking with my original comment (your pic looks more like sand beige). I have been waiting to receive mine which is carbon and savanna beige, but the order had a minor issue and the carbon was not in all the right areas. The picture I saw of the wheel I was supposed to receive looked closer to my original color than yours - at least from the picture.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by ramman5600
That's what I was thinking with my original comment (your pic looks more like sand beige). I have been waiting to receive mine which is carbon and savanna beige, but the order had a minor issue and the carbon was not in all the right areas. The picture I saw of the wheel I was supposed to receive looked closer to my original color than yours - at least from the picture.
Here's the pic of the one I was supposed to get (it is supposed to have carbon on the bottom - which needed to be redone) been waiting about month since discovering the issue. The color and wheel will be great once its done I'm sure.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	14111 996 T96 Savanna carbon (2).JPG
Views:	114
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	396085  
Old 07-13-2014, 05:55 AM
Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !
Here's the pic of the one I was supposed to get (it is supposed to have carbon on the bottom - which needed to be redone) been waiting about month since discovering the issue. The color and wheel will be great once its done I'm sure.

This is the pic he sent me...

Name:	DCT.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	396106  
Old 07-13-2014, 07:56 PM
This is the pic he sent me...
Looks like a different color than my picture but depending on lighting it may or may not be. Do you know if he has been on vacation as I've not gotten any answers in a week plus?

Old 07-13-2014, 08:11 PM
Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !
Looks like a different color than my picture but depending on lighting it may or may not be. Do you know if he has been on vacation as I've not gotten any answers in a week plus?
It takes a while...

Old 07-20-2014, 01:00 PM
It takes a while...

What's "a while"? I'm almost ready to contact my credit card company as I've gotten zero communication since 6-9-14 and just want to understand the status as the wheel was done originally then just not correct so I said I could wait to have the right one completed.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:06 PM
MBH
MBH has a spectacular aura aboutMBH has a spectacular aura about
What's "a while"? I'm almost ready to contact my credit card company as I've gotten zero communication since 6-9-14 and just want to understand the status as the wheel was done originally then just not correct so I said I could wait to have the right one completed.
I sent a PM back on 6/26/14, still no response. Between realizing that I'm not the only one who hasn't heard anything and seeing some snags pop up more frequently with the end product in this thread, I think my decision just got a lot easier...

Old 07-24-2014, 05:12 AM
Ha! You are being way to impatient..lol I paid in Feb. and received the product as ordered in June.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:40 PM
Ha! You are being way to impatient..lol I paid in Feb. and received the product as ordered in June.
I actually paid in Feb as well. It was June when I found out that they got the order wrong. I just want a quick reply that says something about where it is at in the process.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
I actually paid in Feb as well. It was June when I found out that they got the order wrong. I just want a quick reply that says something about where it is at in the process.
Hope the members can understand we are selling these T96 with paddle upgrade as a service compared to we can pick up a 6MT T96 and ship right away without any worry.
We have to send a regular T96 to a technician help us make the paddle attachment conversion in the back, then we have to send the steering wheel back to factory for leather re-wrap and cover the back with leather.
After that, the wheel will be shipped back to us again and install the paddles
We can not control how quick the technician can "produce" a steering wheel with paddle conversion since he is just an engineer who is nice enough doing this for us as his part-time job.
We just want to make it clear this paddle conversion has some steps we can not control the lead-time.
And, believe it or not, our profit on paddle T96 is less than a 6MT T96.

Last edited by DCTMOTORSPORTS; 07-29-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by DCTMOTORSPORTS
Hope the members can understand we are selling these T96 with paddle upgrade as a service compared to we can pick up a 6MT T96 and ship right away without any worry.
We have to send a regular T96 to a technician help us make the paddle attachment conversion in the back, then we have to send the steering wheel back to factory for leather re-wrap and cover the back with leather.
We can not control how quick the technician can "produce" a steering wheel with paddle conversion since he is just an engineer who is nice enough doing this for us as his part-time job.
We just want to make it clear this paddle conversion has some steps we can not control the lead-time.
I think we all understand the timing (all good things do take time) and your work looks to be good. We just want some contact throughout the process, so we know that things are lost in limbo is all. Thanks for the update.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:28 AM
iVAN, I'm sorry but this post is almost offensive. We are customers who placed an order with you for a quality piece. On your invoice it is stated the estimated time of delivery. I won't go into detail about all the issues we had with mine and I think I was more than patient as I have an email trail that spans from 2-26 to 5-27. The two things that stand out the most and gives me the most heartburn are 1) we as customers do not set YOUR prices and profit margin. We pay what you send the invoice for. 2) I fully understand the process of die lots and leathers changing over time. I refurbish million dollar luxury coaches for a living. I do everything in-house. I have a full upholstery shop. I use Garett and Townsend leathers. They are very expensive. Sometimes I have to cross shop to match colors to older coaches.

Just a few minute search on the interwebby yielded this company in CA. I called them and they sent me a sample of POR941 Savannah Beige. I will let the pictures speak.... The last picture shows the sample held up to my "old" door panel....

Name:	SAV.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	397871   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAV2.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	397872   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAV3.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	397873   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAV4.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	397874   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAV5.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	397875  

Last edited by Vantaredoc; 07-30-2014 at 05:36 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:39 AM
And just for the record, I love the wheel. I just wish it wasn't so light...

Old 07-30-2014, 01:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
Savanna beige leather

Thank you for the reference, we will contact the vendor for more info and maybe consider them as another source of material
We used a trusted vendor for all our Porsche interior leather and they defined their Savanna code 1227, We ordered the material to match with Porsche color code Savanna Beige. All the customer feedback will be learned and put into our reference. Again, appreciate your information

Old 07-30-2014, 01:34 PM
Thank you for the reference, we will contact the vendor for more info and maybe consider them as another source of material
We used a trusted vendor for all our Porsche interior leather and they defined their Savanna code 1227, We ordered the material to match with Porsche color code Savanna Beige. All the customer feedback will be learned and put into our reference. Again, appreciate your information

You are welcome. It's just a shame I have to be the guinea pig! It would be nice to have a steering wheel that was remotely close to what my interior looks like. I was "ok" to live with it until I have now found material with the correct color code. I don't mind helping someone R&D, but not at full price! This wheel is the first thing people see when they look into the car! I told you the first time that I sent it back how far off the color was. I did maybe 10 minutes of research and found the color that is almost dead on. I hope that goes into your "reference"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DCTMS T96 Sport steering wheel for 996/986 models