Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 02:12 PM
x1kc is infamous around these parts
^
wondering as well

Old 10-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We have a couple of sets available, but not at the same low low price they were offering to us then. Contact me for special pricing via phone.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I have 1 more front and rear 6/4piston 355mm kit in red slotted rotors on clearance.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:00 PM
gkavuk is infamous around these parts
any system for 2007 mustang gt ?

Old 11-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Former Vendor
Email sales@vividracing.com please.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:35 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Are they still available?

Old 11-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Former Vendor
Yes I have the front red 6piston with the rear red 4piston kit available as a complete set. Call me on monday.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:02 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Ok. I'll call you tomorrow.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Does the 6 piston kit require 19" wheels too?

Old 11-23-2009, 08:51 AM
Former Vendor
6 piston will require 19", though I have a picture of Markski running his stock turbo twists so they might clear 18's.

I am in the office so call me

Old 11-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Former Vendor
Brake Kit still available....

Dan

Old 01-06-2010, 06:26 PM
immuneone is infamous around these parts
is the 6/4 kit still available?

Old 01-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Former Vendor
yep paypal me $2500 and it is yours. dan@vividracing.com

Old 01-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Former Vendor
SOLD SOLD SOLD Thank you You got a steal here. Post up install pics and a review when done!

Old 02-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Sharky996 is infamous around these parts
Finally got around to installing the big brake kit. As you can see from the photo, I had them painted yellow as I thought they'd match better with my white car and black wheels.

While installing the rotors I realized that they do not center on the hubs at all. They rely on the two screws that fasten onto the hub to center the rotors and no amount of tweaking could get the rotor run-out within acceptable levels. In the end I got someone to turn on a lathe the centering ring you see between the hub and the rotors, the shiny aluminium ring.

If you don't get these rings made, I think you'll get severe vibration and you could also damage your calipers if the rotors ran eccentrically.

After an extra day on the hoist so that the rings could be custom made, the front and rear kits were finally installed.

The vertical run-out of the rotors now checked out perfectly.

I have been told that the kit comes with Axxis Ultimate pads as stock, even though ther is no mention in the pad. Having used this compound before, I am glad to say that they live up to their reputation as having good bite even before run-in or bed-in and operate quietly without a single squeak. You need only to wear down the lathe lines in the rotors and then you'll get 100%. Even before this is done, the pads already bite. As always, I love the Ultimates.

Unfortunately, I do think that having fit both front and rear big brake kits, that the piston sizing might be a little too large. Right now I think the piston size has maxed out the master cylinder, any more and I think I'd need a larger one. The pedal can go to the floor if I stomp hard. It worries me a little. I forgot to measure the piston diameters, so I can't do a calculation of the percentage increase in piston area versus stock.

Perhaps fitting only the front kit might be better considering this issue.

Otherwise, the brake kits worked out quite well. There is noticeable improvement in braking feel and much stronger brakes even though the rotors have not run-in yet. Quiet operation too.

Suits my needs, as, I have to be honest here, I did the big brake kit for looks and will probably only track the car once a year.

More pics to follow in the future.

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rotora BBK Blowout Under $1500 6 and 4 Piston Kits