996 Sprint Boosters are here- Discount for first order!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
996 Sprint Boosters are here- Discount for first order!

We finally got the Sprint Boosters in for the 996, which we are selling at a special introductory price (click below):

996 w/Manual (2000-up C2, 1999-up C4)

996 w/Tiptronic (2000-up C2, 1999-up C4)

Click here for more information on Sprint Booster

We would like to test one of these on a 996 here at our shop, and also document the install for you guys. So we are offering a further discount, plus free install, to the first customer who brings their car to us for this upgrade.

Or if anyone would like to order one, install it themselves, and take clear detailed pictures of the process, we will extend the discount to them that way (credited once the pics are sent to us).

Here's what the 996 unit looks like:

Connector to pedal:

Connector to harness:

Please feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.

Last edited by GMP Performance; 06-08-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:32 PM
speedticket is infamous around these parts
does this work with revo flash and will car have increased throttle response. i know the revo improves this but will this make a more noticable diffrence
e mail me back at john@a1expert.com i would like one and will do pics or short vid on product

Last edited by speedticket; 06-15-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speedticket
does this work with revo flash and will car have increased throttle response. i know the revo improves this but will this make a more noticable diffrence
e mail me back at john@a1expert.com i would like one and will do pics or short vid on product
Email sent

Old 07-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Site Sponsor
We still have not been able to get a documented install of a Sprint Booster on the 996, so we are extending the sale price on them!

All you have to do is take pictures while you are installing the Sprint Booster and email them to us. Once we receive them, you will get a credit back for 15% of the purchase price (which is already discounted from retail).

Here are links to the two versions:

Street Version (AT)

Race Version (MT)

Transmission has no bearing on fitment for these, and we've actually found that the AT version works better for a street driven manual car, as the MT unit can be calibrated a bit too aggressively in some situations.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Site Sponsor
Ok guys, so I've completed the Sprint Booster install in a 996 Cabrio here at our shop. It took me exactly an hour, but part of that was spent taking pictures (many of which did not turn out) and trying unsuccessfully to remove a piece that was in the way. I worked around that though, and got the unit in there. Here are the pics:

This what the Sprint Booster looks like:

And here is the stock connector into which it plugs (sorry about the lack of focus):

It is located a few inches above the pedal assembly. The cable that runs out of the assembly goes up to the potentiometer, and then this harness is connected to that.

However, it is difficult to see the connection from under the dash. That's because this is conveniently in the way:

There was 1 visible screw in this thing, but after removing it, I couldn't access the other ones, so I just left it as loose as possible to aid in getting my hands up there.

It takes a while to position yourself so that you can get both hands up to unplug the connector, and I found the best way is to bring one arm around behind the pedals, toward the firewall and the other straight up through the hole.

Once you do this, you have to find the right grip on the connector to unplug it. It helps to remove the connector from its little holding bracket, which you can accomplish by twisting it counterclockwise. Then you can move it where you need to so you can get an adequate grip. Make sure to depress the tabs on the sides of the connector!

Once you have it unplugged, connect one end of the Sprint Booster into the male harness, and the other into the female. When done correctly it looks like this:

Don't worry about trying to get the connector back into its bracket, because it will not go in with the Sprint Booster between the two parts. You just don't have enough wire to work with.

Overall, I would say that this was not a difficult install, but it does require a certain level of patience and flexibility (literally).

It was certainly worth it though, as the car responds much more quickly in the first half of pedal travel. You will notice a difference right away, guranteed!

Those of you who own a manual 996 know that heel-toeing is a bit awkward from the factory, because of the delay. Well, not any more!

The Sprint Booster transformed heel-toe downshifts on this car, making them timely and natural, just like they should be.

But automatics should respond just as well, because the delay is much more pronounced without clutchwork to mask it on take offs.

As always, feel free to ask any questions you may have. Now that I've installed one I can give you first hand info

Old 07-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Site Sponsor
Here's what one of our satisfied customers from Rennlist has to say about the Sprint Booster he just purchased:

"...this thing is cool. Installed in a 99' C4 Tip - probably the 'doggiest' 996 there is (supposedly). Throttle response is significantly 'speeded up' and feels very 'snappy'. Car feels like it has way more power than it does and results in a permanent grin whenever your foot is on the gas. Probably the best bang for the buck SOP mod there is. I can only imagine what it would feel like with 25 or so extra horses that are promised with a sport cat and Fabspeed or equivalent intake mod. And the SOP feel must be even better with a 6-speed - unbelieveable. I give it 4-stars-Plus out of 4 stars.

Cruise control works fine...

Tranny shifts fine...

Car goes like Rocket...

...Priceless....

Well worth the bucks and the install is EASY but a PITA due to contortionist requirements to install. But on the PLUS side: you don't have to jack up the car - don;t have to drain the oil - and you don't have to use any kind of tool. Very neat - this is a secret weapon but the genie is out of the bottle now"

Still in stock and on sale for $299 + $1 shipping!!!

Old 07-17-2009, 09:29 PM
aknevis is infamous around these parts
I'm interested and can bring my car in to have it installed. Please send me an email with details (aknevis@gmail.com).

ak

Old 07-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
y wont this work for a 99 c2?

Old 07-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Site Sponsor
We got a volunteer already, we installed one last week.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by Omarcoolguy
y wont this work for a 99 c2?
99 C2s were not drive-by-wire (Egas) yet. They still had a conventional throttle cable. So your car is not affected by the delay present in the Egas models.

Originally Posted by aknevis
I'm interested and can bring my car in to have it installed. Please send me an email with details (aknevis@gmail.com).

ak
While we can no longer offer the discount for installation pics, we'd be happy to install one in your car!

Email sent.