996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Top Secret to make widebody for 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 06:29 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
PS: See the GTR in the background?

Old 01-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Heck yea, Jon. I'm more excited about the GTR than the P-cars. It's the ricer in me. haha.

There are a ton of pix of the GTR and other Top Secret specialties (V12 Supra, etc.) in the link. Not to mention you have a nice view of the TS facility.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforu...behind-it.html

Old 01-09-2008, 06:39 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
HOLY COW! That just made my night PHX!

First off, the GTR is the hottest car out right now - period. Modded by TS? Forgghetaboutit

Secondly, that G37S looks reaaaally good too. That CF diffuser...and wheels. Just wish there were more pics of that.

Finally, the 996TT is super hot. Just imagine one without all the decals, some nice HRE's or something with a MONSTER lip out back....oh man.

PS: That TS G35 looks awfly familar

Old 01-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
I can't wait to see some pix from this year's TAS! 2 more days! Top Secret will have a crazy booth for sure. Not to mention it should be GTR mania! Every prominent tuner will have a GTR on display. Can't wait to see all of 'em!

You should've went again this year.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:49 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
all those scoops look totally unfunctional too much. it's kinda like a having rice smoothered over braughtwurst and sauerkraut. why buy a german car and make it look like a cheap jap car?

Old 01-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Phoenix
I can't wait to see some pix from this year's TAS! 2 more days! Top Secret will have a crazy booth for sure. Not to mention it should be GTR mania! Every prominent tuner will have a GTR on display. Can't wait to see all of 'em!

You should've went again this year.
I would have loved too but i bought my Cayenne instead

Hopefully next year ill go over again to scout some parts for my GTR (fingers crossed)

Old 01-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by oak
all those scoops look totally unfunctional too much. it's kinda like a having rice smoothered over braughtwurst and sauerkraut. why buy a german car and make it look like a cheap jap car?
Oak, while you are entitled to your opinion, this statement makes you sound a lil stupid and uneducated on the car-tuning craze.

The JDM style that Top Secret is at the forefront of is a whole sceene in itself. Its kinda like fashion - you dress the way you want - ill dress the way i want. Neither are wrong or right but we both think we look good when we look in the mirror

I for one and a HUGE JDM fan and love the style of the kit, the lines, the colors, and everything about it. The fact that TS chose a 996TT makes it that much cooler to me since i also love German cars and all the great things they have to offer.

So try not to be so narrow minded with your posts. I am not saying you HAVE to like it because i do, but respect it for what it is.

Cheers!

Jon

Old 01-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
i wouldn't do it but i respect their work. i wouldn't ever go into their shop and say yo that's rice and unless any of you can do that to their face while they're sharing their work with you.. then you're just a ***** who needs more help than any "riced" up car.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:10 PM
BerkeleyMD is infamous around these parts
It looks badass. Way better than most other aftermarket full-kits. Plus I think it updates the look of the 996. The rear is just amazing. I would just get new tail lights.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:11 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
nah, still rice.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Simba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud of
I'd pound that like a 17 year old cheerleader.

The hood in the concept drawing is a bit much, but I assume if they do go with something like that it'll gut the front of the car and turn it into a functional duct. Top Secret generally isn't known for doing that kind of thing unless it has some form of function.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:12 PM
DeAd-EyE is infamous around these parts
you can hate on their styling as that's a matter of personal opinion, but anyone who knows top secret knows that they're the king of the hill for nissan......and probably toyota (well maybe JUN is tied with them there)...they're just insane. the motor swaps, the quality of the builds...the speeds proven to have been achieved.

the owner of JUN took one of his supras on a 0-300km drag on each continent and has the speeding tickets to prove it. (i **** u not, he made a point to pull off 0-300 on every continent..just for ****s and giggles...and its not like he was being stealthy about it...he had TOP SECRET 0-300 in huge vynil on the side of his supra). It was bloody priceless when he ran in england...the camera car and filmers from bridges caught flashes from every speed camera he set off

if u want to see an awsome video, grab a copy of JDM option super special since it shows not only his speed runs and tskuba circuit lap battles/races, but also closeups of the technology and quality behind their mechanical work.

it is second to non. What no one on USA/german car forums understands is that the top japanese tuners are NOTHING like north american ricers.... RE-Amemiya, JUN, Top Secret, Amuse, Garage R are top notch shops/race outfits who compete in the JGTC championship and make the best street parts around. They're the equivalent of RUF, 9ff, Cargraphic and have prices that match

Old 01-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
I'd like to see it in another color.

And I would like to see if those lights would fit in oem housing.

They would look sharp on some of the older 996/986s

If anyone knows the details on those lights or any other lights that would fit in the 986 housings.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:21 PM
viper501 is infamous around these parts
I'm nauseous... can someone come gouge my eyes out, please?

Old 01-09-2008, 09:34 PM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
Very nice work....It looks better than I thought....i wouldnt do it...but its great work...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top Secret to make widebody for 996TT