996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Top Secret to make widebody for 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 09:44 PM
JayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the rough
i hit it

Old 01-09-2008, 11:44 PM
nine9six is infamous around these partsnine9six is infamous around these parts
I think it looks real aggressive!

Is the white one suppose to be a TT? I noticed it had 99 narrow body tail lights.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:01 AM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
I just wanna know if 355series can fit on the rear and 305 on the front

Old 01-10-2008, 08:54 AM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
I like it

Old 01-10-2008, 09:19 AM
glowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to behold
Rice

Porsche mods are so conservative its nice to see something off the hook.

I had to cahnge the front end of my 996 C4 Cab to a GT3 so it wouldnt look like a girl smiling at you. There is no doubt that the Porsche needs a tougher look.

Im kinda partial as my other car is a SC NSX.

Im going against the conservatives but thats nothing new 4 me

My .02

Old 01-10-2008, 11:45 AM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
Not for me but nice work. I still want a EVOMS 750GTR with a Werks kit, in black......

Old 01-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
you can hate on their styling as that's a matter of personal opinion, but anyone who knows top secret knows that they're the king of the hill for nissan......and probably toyota (well maybe JUN is tied with them there)...they're just insane. the motor swaps, the quality of the builds...the speeds proven to have been achieved.

the owner of JUN took one of his supras on a 0-300km drag on each continent and has the speeding tickets to prove it. (i **** u not, he made a point to pull off 0-300 on every continent..just for ****s and giggles...and its not like he was being stealthy about it...he had TOP SECRET 0-300 in huge vynil on the side of his supra). It was bloody priceless when he ran in england...the camera car and filmers from bridges caught flashes from every speed camera he set off

if u want to see an awsome video, grab a copy of JDM option super special since it shows not only his speed runs and tskuba circuit lap battles/races, but also closeups of the technology and quality behind their mechanical work.

it is second to non. What no one on USA/german car forums understands is that the top japanese tuners are NOTHING like north american ricers.... RE-Amemiya, JUN, Top Secret, Amuse, Garage R are top notch shops/race outfits who compete in the JGTC championship and make the best street parts around. They're the equivalent of RUF, 9ff, Cargraphic and have prices that match
Excellent post.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:56 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Excellent post.
+100,000

Old 01-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Banned
*STATUS* is infamous around these parts
Thanks for that. the Japanese are so on top of it and so geared for quality work that you can say what you want but for the most part they are kick @$$ and far surpassing the euro tuners. hands down! They arent ricers they arent some whack *** kid like benjamin choi who throws BS at a honda civic. These guys do quality work they have the look, awards, accolades, and technology to match up with any other tuner that you may think is superior.

its also just the culture. Even the smaller tuners who do not race but make products for styling and what not still make extremely well built well made pieces that exceed the quality of their competition. and they are doing it in style and full of fervor.

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
you can hate on their styling as that's a matter of personal opinion, but anyone who knows top secret knows that they're the king of the hill for nissan......and probably toyota (well maybe JUN is tied with them there)...they're just insane. the motor swaps, the quality of the builds...the speeds proven to have been achieved.

the owner of JUN took one of his supras on a 0-300km drag on each continent and has the speeding tickets to prove it. (i **** u not, he made a point to pull off 0-300 on every continent..just for ****s and giggles...and its not like he was being stealthy about it...he had TOP SECRET 0-300 in huge vynil on the side of his supra). It was bloody priceless when he ran in england...the camera car and filmers from bridges caught flashes from every speed camera he set off

if u want to see an awsome video, grab a copy of JDM option super special since it shows not only his speed runs and tskuba circuit lap battles/races, but also closeups of the technology and quality behind their mechanical work.

it is second to non. What no one on USA/german car forums understands is that the top japanese tuners are NOTHING like north american ricers.... RE-Amemiya, JUN, Top Secret, Amuse, Garage R are top notch shops/race outfits who compete in the JGTC championship and make the best street parts around. They're the equivalent of RUF, 9ff, Cargraphic and have prices that match

Last edited by *STATUS*; 01-10-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:17 PM
viper501 is infamous around these parts
I guess we've experienced food poisoning in the States. I agree that the quality of the work of a number of the Japanese tuners is top notch. The problem I have w/ the Porsche work is more the lack of functionality for the sake of the cartoonish anime styling of the stuff. My perception may also be skewed by the litany of cars, both of Japanese and US production, rolling around here with 9 foot wings, hood scoops, stickers, splitters, coffee can exhaust, and 30 series tires on 20 inch wheels.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:20 PM
ss7
ss7 is infamous around these parts
Disgrace to Porsche.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:23 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
it's part of the social make-up by nature, they like gadgets and cartoons of fantasy and transformers. no?

Old 01-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by viper501
I guess we've experienced food poisoning in the States. I agree that the quality of the work of a number of the Japanese tuners is top notch. The problem I have w/ the Porsche work is more the lack of functionality for the sake of the cartoonish anime styling of the stuff. My perception may also be skewed by the litany of cars, both of Japanese and US production, rolling around here with 9 foot wings, hood scoops, stickers, splitters, coffee can exhaust, and 30 series tires on 20 inch wheels.

Yeh definately ricers have totally given Japan and their tuning market a really bad wrap. BUt for those who do it right like 80% of the Japanese Market (and i feel its a cultural reason why most of it is so high quality) then you can begin to either respect it like it or both. If you want to see more i can show you both good and bad.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by oak
it's part of the social make-up by nature, they like gadgets and cartoons of fantasy and transformers. no?
yeh but i dont think it reall effects their tuning capabilites and functionality. It definately messes with their renderings but i think that is about it

Old 01-11-2008, 10:43 AM
C4ESQ is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CayenneS2083
As if gemballa wasn't ricer enough by themselves...
Seriously, overkill. It ruins the clean classic lines of the 911, a skill which Japanese car manufacturers still cannot get right.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top Secret to make widebody for 996TT