996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

What can we do for our deployed brothers and sisters?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 09:02 PM
mountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to behold
What can we do for our deployed brothers and sisters?

Maybe as a fairly affluent group we could come up with a plan to hook up one of these service men or women who dig p cars upon their return? Who knows we could all put our heads and wallets together and do something coool for one of the brave souls. Service guys let us know who is out there and Guys and girls let's come up with a plan!!

Old 11-02-2007, 10:45 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
Old 11-03-2007, 11:59 PM
LowStro9 is infamous around these parts
Great Idea and nice of you to think out loud. I give financial support to a group in Dallas Fort Worth nicknamed Charlie Company. They look for business owners to support the families of deployed soldiers for items stateside. Last year I bought three or four dishwashers and a couple of washer/dryer sets for families in need. I am in no way tooting my own horn. I share this with you because it is what we should do. We have a great amount of freedom and every member hear is in a bit of an financial position to chip in.

I pledge and challenge all to the following:

For a period of one year, I will pledge ten cents a post on this forum. If you post twenty times a day. You are out two bucks. Anyone on the 6 could moderate and manage the tracking. Pick a seasoned ad well respected member to be the treasuer. Pick a decorated VET on this forum to channel the proceeds in a positive direction. There are still a ton of service personnel that don't even have the access to some of the primary daily staples. There are a ton of local groups like the one I am involved in in every major metro area and every VA hospital in this country has a laundry list of injured VET's returning with specific needs.

I realize that a challenge like this will facilitate the need for me to post up and quit trolling.

I will gladly pitch in the first $100.00 to start it off.

Any thoughts? Who's in ?