996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Subwoofer in trunk anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Banned
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
I returned the custom box. I bought the bazooka tube from crutchfield. I am telling you the sound from the bazooka from behind the seats is amazing. It hits really hard. Just make sure you got a good amp and a good receiver. I don't want to compromise the look of the car by installing the front subs (next to foot rest) or in the front of the trunk (not much of a good bass cause of the firewall) or installing custom box in the back seats (some boxes take up the whole back area behind seats). The bazooka is like a stealth install.
I will post pics later today.

Old 12-02-2007, 12:02 PM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by yellowbmr
I returned the custom box. I bought the bazooka tube from crutchfield. I am telling you the sound from the bazooka from behind the seats is amazing. It hits really hard. Just make sure you got a good amp and a good receiver. I don't want to compromise the look of the car by installing the front subs (next to foot rest) or in the front of the trunk (not much of a good bass cause of the firewall) or installing custom box in the back seats (some boxes take up the whole back area behind seats). The bazooka is like a stealth install.
I will post pics later today.
+1.......I have the 8" powered bazooka behind the seats. Sounds real good. Component speaker system in the front doors with the tweets sin the dassh.....inexpenssive and with good sound.

jorge

Old 12-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Banned
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
My bad. Sorry guys, i do have the 8" bazooka. what was i thinking...

)))
8inch with seats pushed back sits tight and movement free.

Originally Posted by zdr2k
+1.......I have the 8" powered bazooka behind the seats. Sounds real good. Component speaker system in the front doors with the tweets sin the dassh.....inexpenssive and with good sound.

jorge

Old 12-02-2007, 01:43 PM
purplec320 is infamous around these parts
I had 8" bazooka in my MR2 turbo back in 1991, and now in the back hatch of my custom hatchback EVO. It hits real hard... but in the MR2 since the back of the seat is pushed against the bazooka, any person taller than 5"10" cannot drive my MR2.. lol. Also, bazooka 6.5" or 8" produce a more rattled bass than the tight bass I'm looking for nowadays. It simply is a setup for anyone don't want the hassle of building a box. But, for me, building a custom box with the correct tight bass is worth my time.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Euclid is infamous around these parts
I built a box for one 8" sub behind the drivers side rear seat. Fires into the glass and distributes the bass very nicely. With the seat folded up you can't even see it.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:25 AM
Buya02 is infamous around these parts
I put my subs in the back behind the rear seats too. I got my amp in the trunk on the floor. I think having the subs in the trunk wouldnt sound too well, but I havent tried it or heard anyones who has it like that.