996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Hunter becomes the prey. Supercharger loses. Over and over again :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 05:16 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Hunter becomes the prey. Supercharger loses. Over and over again :)

Got to play around this weekend a bit going to the different shows in the area.

Yes, 3 losses. However, I was slightly handicapped this time having some extra ballast that normally wouldn't be there (the wife, all our luggage for the weekend, and a full tank of fuel). The wife loves it when I call her ballast

Anyway, I did a roll on again with Woolyg and his Proto TT (600hp plus). Same as the last time we did it. I pull briefly, then his turbos spool up. He immediately catches up, passes, and pulls 3-4 car lengths. And just like last time, I hang right in from there till we both shut down. He makes a lot more boost, lower in the rpm range. Whereas I can't really hold any significant boost for any length of time till I get past third. I think the weight and the AWD driveline losses even the playing a bit once we get up and rolling. His car is clearly faster though... Looks great too.

Next. Well this one may or may not count. We had a little caravan going over to the east coast. Crush brought out his 04 GT2. Very very nice looking car. WoolyG, Crush, and I had a small stretch of highway to play a bit. I had no idea the 04 GT2 had the hp increase over the previous GT2 releases. I've played with a stock TT before and had no problems with it. Anyway, unbelievably, his is stock and retarded fast. I would have bet lunch it was chipped, but it's not. The three of us were in a line and running through the gears. His GT2 was hanging right there behind me, and probably given enough room, could have passed me. I guess the 2WD and the weight reduction in that car really makes a big difference. I watched WoolyG and Crush play some and the GT2 couldn't pull his TT, so assume if we rolled on the result would have been similar to when WoolyG and I went. Either way, I can guarantee a loss on my part

The last was kind of surprise. Some very low speed, low gear roll ons. Not exactly the centrifugal blower's forte. Anyway it was a very late model EVO. Fart can, etc... We did one run and I dusted him. We slowed and talked for a bit. He commented that he usually smokes 996's, but didn't realize mine was SC'd till I passed him and he saw the badge on the back He asked for a run to redeem himself. I agreed and he started playing with some **** on his dash. That should have been my sign to take my W and run. We ran again and that little bugger walked me. I assume he must have cranked up the boost once he realized my car wasn't stock. It wasn't horrible. He pulled a car length or two and then we held steady. Given enough room I'm quite sure I would have reeled him in. We never got there but my car is fantastic in 4th and 5th when I can hold a lot of sustained boost. We slowed and talked again. He said he just dyno'd his car it's making around 400hp/400tq to the wheels. He was certainly a worthy adversary. I don't know what they weigh, but that little car was quick. Lesson learned. From now on I'm only going to pick on S2000's, WRX's, and EVO's on the highway. Never know what they've done to them

Old 11-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Russcan is infamous around these parts
They can make those cars pretty fast pretty cheap and easy. Turbo's are so easy to make power with and you don't get the heat soak that you get in superchargers. My freind has a Subura Forrester XT, which is basicly a Wrx Sti in cover. He has a full exhaust, bigger turbos, a tune and is making around 400 HP and Torque. He did all the work for less than $4000 dollars. Talking about a sleeper. It runs very good. All that said, I will take your supercharged car over those any day. Nice story.

Russ

Old 11-10-2007, 11:27 PM
1SIKCAB is infamous around these parts
Sounds like some fun runs. No shame in losing to a Proto TT & GT2, at least you looked good doing it btw, ballast? Only meaning I am aware of is the black box in a florescent light fixture?

Old 11-11-2007, 07:24 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1SIKCAB
btw, ballast? Only meaning I am aware of is the black box in a florescent light fixture?
According to Mr. Webster....

Old 11-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Great writeup, Deputy. Thanks!

Old 11-11-2007, 01:00 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
could have been 4 ...

Old 11-11-2007, 01:35 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
great story ! Stock gt2's are no joke!

Old 11-11-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by RDH
could have been 4 ...
Possibly. However, when I looked in the rear view you were too far back to really tell if that grocery getter ever had a chance.

Even if little sedan of yours is too fat to be fast, it sure looks and sounds the biz though

Old 11-11-2007, 03:49 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Possibly. However, when I looked in the rear view you were too far back to really tell if that grocery getter ever had a chance.

Even if little sedan of yours is too fat to be fast, it sure looks and sounds the biz though
yeah...All I know is that myself and the other yellow cab were playing catch up......you guys just started to disappear once you all hit that Straight...it was fun though ...

Old 11-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by RDH
yeah...All I know is that myself and the other yellow cab were playing catch up......you guys just started to disappear once you all hit that Straight...it was fun though ...
I wish my "ballast" had thought so.... Not a big fan she is of those highway trips through Mexico.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:17 PM
RDH
I wish my "ballast" had thought so.... Not a big fan she is of those highway trips through Mexico.
I understand the translation now

Old 11-18-2007, 12:14 PM
crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !
I watched WoolyG and Crush play some and the GT2 couldn't pull his TT,

you're right, I didn't pull, I CRUSHED! with an added person in the car while he was solo with atleats 7 cars ahead. we left you guys so far behind that might be the reason why you state what you reported. I'm certain WoolyG or Karim will let you know what happen at the top end of that run.

The car is stock and after seeing first hand its performance beside WoolyG's car(which I truely admire) It will stay stock for a bit longer time.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by crush
I watched WoolyG and Crush play some and the GT2 couldn't pull his TT,

you're right, I didn't pull, I CRUSHED! with an added person in the car while he was solo with atleats 7 cars ahead. we left you guys so far behind that might be the reason why you state what you reported. I'm certain WoolyG or Karim will let you know what happen at the top end of that run.

The car is stock and after seeing first hand its performance beside WoolyG's car(which I truely admire) It will stay stock for a bit longer time.
I shut it down after the first run when we came up on traffic. You weren't passing anyone (me or Wooly) up till that point. I didn't step up for the second go around due to the traffic. I felt like I was pushing my luck at that point. Wooly says you didn't pull on him, let alone 7 car lengths. Were you and Karim sniffing Zaino again?

Old 11-18-2007, 07:37 PM
crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !
I shut it down after the first run when we came up on traffic. You weren't passing anyone (me or Wooly) up till that point. I didn't step up for the second go around due to the traffic. I felt like I was pushing my luck at that point. Wooly says you didn't pull on him, let alone 7 car lengths. Were you and Karim sniffing Zaino again?

I said he had atleats 7 cars before I started to reel. As I recall, we blew by him around high 180mph plus and he was no way stoping the seperation.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by crush
I said he had atleats 7 cars before I started to reel. As I recall, we blew by him around high 180mph plus and he was no way stoping the seperation.
Sorry. Maybe I misunderstood your post. When you said you "crushed" I thought you were saying you passed him and left him behind 7 car lengths.

So if I understand you right, he was 7 car lengths ahead, you caught up and passed him at 180-190mph? Like I said before, I opted out of that part of the drive. When you say "we", I assume you mean Karim cause I don't have the cohones to drive that fast You sure he hadn't shut it down before you passed? Your "2" is certainly very very fast, but Wooly's car is pushing around 650hp.... Maybe I'm still not understanding your post.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hunter becomes the prey. Supercharger loses. Over and over again :)