996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New Pss9 Group Buy!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Russcan is infamous around these parts
Good News! I have found a dealer who will sell the Pss9's for $1900 shipped. This is a solid price right now as Bilstein just had a price increase. The guy at The Parts Ladi off Ebay aka Speciality Parts has the best price most of the time. His new price List is $2100 and he said the best he would do with the new price increase would be $2000 shipped. So it's came back down a little. I'm going go for it, especialy since Bilstein maybe rounding up Pss9 kits and converting them to Pss9 kits. Thats going cost another $600-$700 dollars. So there the best value out there. I will put in one more call to Stephen and let him know his Ebay competitor out priced him, maybe he beat it? We shall see. I will post the contact to the final lowest priced person for the rest of you who want in on the deal.

Russ

Old 12-12-2007, 02:38 PM
I put a call in to the Parts Ladi guy. (Stephen) to let him know he had been out priced. He seemed to get very interested again. I told him the contact info of the dealer with the lowest price was going up tonight. I'm trying to get all of us the best deal, and hope I can get us at the original stated price by Stephen of $1800 shipped for both C2 and C4 kits. You guys stay tuned. The price is not going to get any better. I have checked eveywhere and $1900 shipped is still solid. I hope we can get the $1800 shipped. That would be the best out there for sure.

Old 12-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Well guys, here's the final info and best deal I could strike for us. The Guy at the Parts Ladi/ Specialty Parts will not live up to the deal he told me that day I posted The new Group Buy Thread. He said that Bilstein had raised there price so he could not price them like that anymore. At that point he said the best he would do was $2000 shipped. I told him that was not going to work. I shopped everyone else and found a guy who was willing to do $1900 shipped with 4 or more people for C4's and C2's. At that point it was the best deal going. I decided to give the Parts Ladi guy another shot a beating his price. He said I'll call you back, well I had to put 2 calls into him to remind him that he was suppose to call me back with a better price or not. On the 2nd call he said, well the best I can do is match the other guys price at $1900 shipped. After he changed his original agreement from $1800 shipped to $2000 shipped, then not every calling back with an answer, I feel that he should not get the orders at matching the guys price of $1900 shipped, who offered that straight up as a group buy. No Games, just straight up service. Thats where I'm going to buy mine. I'll will also PM you all so you know who to call for the parts. I'm sorry also to everyone for not being able to keep the Parts Ladi on there original deal of $1800 shipped. Just a extra note. The guy who gave us the $1900 shipped first said there hass been no price increase by Bilstein. IMHO that's even more reason not to buy from the other guy. PM for Pauls info to get the group buy price.

Last edited by Russcan; 12-14-2007 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:27 PM
PS_Parts is infamous around these parts
Hey this is Paul, any questions let me know

Old 12-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Gentleman-

I want to educate everyone on the offerings for the 996 N/A cars.

PSS9's- 9 way manually adjustable coilovers - There is a small **** on the shock that will soften or stiffen the damper. These are also height adjustable. Good for setting ride height and corner balancing.

PSS10's- 10 way manually adjustable coilovers. These are the PSS9 replacements. Through better oil control, each adjustment will have a greater impact then the previous version PSS9's. These are also height adjustable. ***There is no electronic adjustment in the cockpit***

996 C4 -- Bilstein Part # F4-GM5-D535-H0
These will be ready late January.

996 C2 -- Bilstein Part # F4-GM5-D534- H0
In stock right now! Email me for pricing.
mike@awe-tuning.com

B16 Damptronics - PASM compatible coilovers for 997 models only

I hope this clears the air.

I will openly admit, we are not the cheapest, but we buy direct with Bilstein. There is no middle man. There is no BS.

All we can hope for is that folks will pay a few dollars more for peace of mind.

I urge you to give us a try.

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 12-13-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:48 PM
chsu74 is infamous around these parts
I am confused. If you buy direct, how come you are not competitive with other suppliers who may be buying through a middle man?

Old 12-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
I never said I could not match it. It's that we don't do group buys.

It has nothing to do with being competitive.

You want to deal with a fly by night that only sells on price, or a brick and mortar that has been around for 16 years, AND has a proven track record?

Old 12-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
Gentleman-

I want to educate everyone on the offerings for the 996 N/A cars.

PSS9's- 9 way manually adjustable coilovers - There is a small **** on the shock that will soften or stiffen the damper. These are also height adjustable. Good for setting ride height and corner balancing.

PSS10's- 10 way manually adjustable coilovers. These are the PSS9 replacements. Through better oil control, each adjustment will have a greater impact then the previous version PSS9's. These are also height adjustable. ***There is no electronic adjustment in the cockpit***

996 C4 -- Bilstein Part # F4-GM5-D535-H0
These will be ready late January.

996 C2 -- Bilstein Part # F4-GM5-D534- H0
In stock right now! Email me for pricing.
mike@awe-tuning.com

B16 Damptronics - PASM compatible coilovers for 997 models only

I hope this clears the air.

I will openly admit, we are not the cheapest, but we buy direct with Bilstein. There is no middle man. There is no BS.

All we can hope for is that folks will pay a few dollars more for peace of mind.

I urge you to give us a try.
Thank You for clearing up the difference's of the Pss9 and Ps10's. I would like to add, that $1900 shipped for the Pss9's are the best price avaliable right now and If you can beat it, please let us know. Also to anyone who wonders where you are in terms of buying a new Bilstein product. You will have the same warranty ( Peace of Mind) with there product as long as it has there name on it. Also, most of these guys just have Bilstein Drop Ship out of there warehouse. Now I'm not trying to get down on Mike but if your going to state that you work with Bilstein Direct, you should be able to offer a better price than the suppose Middle Man mark up Theory.

Russ

Old 12-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Russcan
Thank You for clearing up the difference's of the Pss9 and Ps10's. I would like to add, that $1900 shipped for the Pss9's are the best price avaliable right now and If you can beat it, please let us know. Also to anyone who wonders where you are in terms of buying a new Bilstein product. You will have the same warranty ( Peace of Mind) with there product as long as it has there name on it. Also, most of these guys just have Bilstein Drop Ship out of there warehouse. Now I'm not trying to get down on Mike but if your going to state that you work with Bilstein Direct, you should be able to offer a better price than the suppose Middle Man mark up Theory.

Russ
You are more then welcome.

I have no intention on trying to beat the price.

My point is, your current sources can't get accurate pricing, can't fill your orders, and are telling you about buttons on the dash that don't exsist. Are they still worth saving the extra money?

I am not the cheapest, but you will get straight answers. Your order will get filled. If it can't, I will tell you.

Also, for the record, there has not been a price increase.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:24 PM
You are more then welcome.

I have no intention on trying to beat the price.

My point is, your current sources can't get accurate pricing, can't fill your orders, and are telling you about buttons on the dash that don't exsist. Are they still worth saving the extra money?

I am not the cheapest, but you will get straight answers. Your order will get filled. If it can't, I will tell you.

Also, for the record, there has not been a price increase.
Thank you again for clearing the air that the Parts Ladi Guy does not what the H@#% his talking about. I have no doubt that Paul at Val's Foreign Auto will get us the parts. I have my name riding on it with this thread. I'm going to put my Money where my mouth is and go with Paul. I would also say it's very strong to come on a thread and make comments that others can't deliver and won't be there to support us. If you know of a problem we should no about with anyone please tell us, but give the others a fair shake at making a reputation for themselves. Once before you had been around for 16 years you started somewhere small as well I would think. When your small you need the price to get customers to cross the threshold of becoming your customer. I know, I own a small company myself. With that being said, I have no I'll will or problem with you coming on and working angles of uncertainty into the theard. The best deal on Pss9's at this time is $1900 shipped. If someone wants Pss10's or wants to pay more that's cool. Let's try to leave the air clear for them to decide now.

Thanks, Russ

Old 12-13-2007, 03:25 PM
chsu74 is infamous around these parts
Mike,

I appreciate and thank Russcan for trying to put together a group buy. Respectfully, I have to add that we all work hard for our money and am not going to just throw away money if I can get the same product at a cheaper price. This is the slow/winter season and given the state of US economy right now, deals should be around if consumers are patient.

I have until March to figure out if I want PSS9 or 10s or X74 or ROW030 installed on my car. Since cost goes in the order of highest to lowest above, I have to make a decision based on what is best for me and not for AWE.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by chsu74
Mike,

I appreciate and thank Russcan for trying to put together a group buy. Respectfully, I have to add that we all work hard for our money and am not going to just throw away money if I can get the same product at a cheaper price. This is the slow/winter season and given the state of US economy right now, deals should be around if consumers are patient.

I have until March to figure out if I want PSS9 or 10s or X74 or ROW030 installed on my car. Since cost goes in the order of highest to lowest above, I have to make a decision based on what is best for me and not for AWE.
I can appreciate that.

Like I said before. We are hoping folks will pay a little more simply for peace of mind that they will be taken care of before, during, and after the sale.

I have seen too many companies come and go. They offer great prices, but their poor business model forces them to shut their doors. You can't run a business selling on price alone.

Then end users call me wondering how to proceed with their warranty claim. When I ask who they originally purchased from, they respond by telling me that the company is no longer in business.

I then have to say I am sorry, but I can't help you.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Russcan
but give the others a fair shake at making a reputation for themselves.
Ok, that's fine, but how about supporting a sponsor of the board on which you post?

That is probably what stings me the most.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Ok, that's fine, but how about supporting a sponsor of the board on which you post?

That is probably what stings me the most.
I can understand that. I also inform Paul to Become a Sponsor. Also, you had made me a great offer on Pss9's before of $1850 shipped. Sorry, but something came up at that time and I could not spend the cash then. When I was ready to buy again I called you back first and you told me you only had Ps10's because Bilstein re-bought your Pss9's back and sent you Ps10's. Otherwise I would hav bought them from you. One question, why do you think Bilstein is buying back Pss9's from there customers?

Old 12-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Dev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really nice
Why not support a board sponsor? We're talking $100. difference on a $2000. part.
Theres a price for piece of mind, $100. isn't even worth the whole group buy in my opinion.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Pss9 Group Buy!!!!!