996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Paint damage from Misha GT2 Wing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 02:46 PM
rustman is infamous around these parts
Paint damage from Misha GT2 Wing

This is my first post so I expect a little hazing, but be kind. I have a 03 996 4S and I just purchased the Misha GT2 rear wing. What I would like to hear from some of you that have installed this wing is; did any of you experience any kind of damage to the paint of the deck-lid where the wing was mounted after you had it on the car for a while and decided to remove it? I am not trying to bag Misha, he is very cool and makes a great product, I just want to know what I can expect if I decide to take it off in the future.

Thanks,
Rusty

Please note: I have not installed the wing yet and I am not blaming Misha for anything!!! I just wanted to know what other have seen if they used this wing. I have already prepared a closed cell foam interface for a gasket to minimize any rubbing.

Last edited by rustman; 12-10-2007 at 05:06 PM. Reason: for clairification
Old 12-10-2007, 02:58 PM
jstgermaine is infamous around these parts
Welcome Rusty.

I am sure that if/when you remove the Misha wing from your car and it was installed without a gasket between the painted parts there will be some scuffing/marring of both surfaces.

I don't think this can be blamed on Misha or the installers or painters, it's just the nature of the game. It would be the same if you bolted something directly to any painted panel of your car, without a gasket isolated both pieces, there is going to be some transfer.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:03 PM
911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about
I installed my MISHA wing myself and it didn't line up 100% the first time. Had to do a little modifications myself but in the end it's sitting really well. The body shop did comment on the high quality the wing was.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:54 PM
DeAd-EyE is infamous around these parts
its to be expected since unless you are connecting two different (and heavy) items without any kind of gasketing. It is neither your fault nore misha's.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:32 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
Dont take it off, what you do is go on ebay and find a decklid like i did for $ 35.00.Install the old guts in the spare and when you want you just change the complete decklid.Misha is a great guy and makes a good product .

Old 12-10-2007, 10:04 PM
DeAd-EyE is infamous around these parts
^ or if ur stupid like me and don't like following instructions, you take appart everyting on your folding wing until there's so many little screws that you have flashbacks to your nightmares as a kid with Lego and just want to curl up into the fetal position and cry, making wing swapping about as difficult as finding peace in the middle east