996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.
View Poll Results: Which restaurant is best for dinner with Porsche in Orange County?
Morton of Chicago - Costa Mesa
5.00%
Fleming's Steakhouse - Newport Beach
40.00%
Napa Rose - Anaheim
5.00%
The Hobbit - Orange
10.00%
Roy's - Newport Beach
10.00%
The Arches - Newport Beach
5.00%
The dining room(Ritz Carlton) - DanaPoint
15.00%
Aqua - St. Regis Dana Point
10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Which restaurant for Dinner with P-brother and sister?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 07:30 AM
1317wholesale is a glorious beacon of light1317wholesale is a glorious beacon of light1317wholesale is a glorious beacon of light1317wholesale is a glorious beacon of light1317wholesale is a glorious beacon of light
Which restaurant for Dinner with P-brother and sister?

First of all, Thanks to Tunner for all reserch of restaurant in Orange county.

Here is a poll to decided which restaurant we will have next dinner meeting with Porsche in Orange County.

All restaurant sounds so good!!!!Yummmmmy!!!

Old 06-05-2004, 07:37 AM
1317wholesale is a glorious beacon of light1317wholesale is a glorious beacon of light1317wholesale is a glorious beacon of light1317wholesale is a glorious beacon of light1317wholesale is a glorious beacon of light
This is posted by Tunner who research all these restaurant for us to make vote easier.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok guys...this originally started as dinner at one of the best restaurants in town...so I say we come to an agreement on place to have dinner. We will be having a summer meet...for now, I think there is some serious interest in a dinner.

I've heard lots of suggestions. OC is my town so I will provide a list of recommendations from an OC perspective (feel free to add if I missed a gem).

1. Morton's of Chicago - Costa Mesa
You all know Morton's. It's the old stand by.
www.mortons.com/

2. Fleming's Steakhouse - Newport Beach
Fleming's is a cool spot in OC. We can take over a section of the parking lot!
www.flemingsprimesteak.com/

3. Napa Rose - Anaheim
I've gotta say, it may be at the Disneyland resort, but this place is off the hook! Food is outrageous...wine list has over 1200 solid labels...took some clients there and they were blown away. Con: valet parking only! But if you want fresh impeccable food, this is the spot.
http://www.fivestarreviews.com/food_travel/naparose.asp

4. The Hobbit - Orange
One of my personal favorites. We can take over the parking lot and we can get a whole room reserved for us. I've had a client dinner there in the wine cellar...it was just sick! It's a seven course meal that starts with drinks in the bar (fixed price). After drinks you move into the wine cellar for champagne and appetizers. Then you disperse into your reserved room for the killer remaining 6 courses. There is an intermission to take a tour of the kitchen and the facility. It's actually an old home...very cool...very tough to get a reservation...I can try but mostly booked 3 months in advance!
www.hobbitrestaurant.com/

5. Roy's - Newport Beach
Roy's is cool. We can find a good spot to park the pimp rides. Kinda too Newport Beach but the food is good.
www.roysrestaurant.com/

6. The Arches - Newport Beach
Never been but I hear great things. Old school Newport.
www.thearchesrestaurant.com/

7. The Dining Room (Ritz Carlton) - Dana Point
Super fancy...valet...too stuffy (IMO).

8. Aqua - St. Regis Dana Point
The hotel is stunning...the food was ok.
http://www.stregismb.com/research_on_AQUA.shtml

Out of all the spots above, I think most would be pleased with Napa Rose. I say we do an OC dinner this time and then an LA dinner next time. Timing will be an issue. Let me know your thoughts. OC restaurants need to catch up with LA spots...give us time...

T

Old 06-05-2004, 08:03 AM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Great idea...POLL!!! Socal guys...cast your vote...

T

Old 06-05-2004, 08:20 AM
alamein is infamous around these parts
I choose the Ritz even though in food preference I would have chose something else ... however, Valet is necessary and also can get a room so don't have to drive after drinks.

Aqua might be cool too though I haven't eaten there before.

Old 06-05-2004, 09:02 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
hey tom the aqua in dana point is it the same aqua in the bellagio in vegas?

i voted for flemings but hobbit in o.c. is cool too

Old 06-05-2004, 10:06 AM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Where are the LA guys? Mr. Relentless...Mr. 20C4S...L.A. Cab...CA 996...Curves4S...

how about N30...Rodis...911 Flyn...SANDOVAL...etc...

T

Old 06-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
I voted early... Don't blame me for the other knuckle heads lack of respect for your fine poll I am a MAN I eat meat... Fleming's it is!

Old 06-05-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by SANDOVAL
I voted early... Don't blame me for the other knuckle heads lack of respect for your fine poll I am a MAN I eat meat... Fleming's it is!
Oh yeah! SANDOVAL coming thru like the champion he is!

T

Old 06-06-2004, 12:58 AM
Hey Guys:

Question came up...parking and seating together are clearly the main concerns. Yes, Roy's does have a place where could all shack up together. Looks like Fleming's is in the lead...I'll place a call over there to see what the availability looks like over the next few weeks...we definitely need a headcount...

Also, after the dinner, any ideas on what to do?

T

Old 06-06-2004, 05:34 AM
911 flyn is infamous around these parts
I voted , just waiting for you guys to make up your minds,

good research T.

OC looks best... no valet parking, remember ferris buellers
day off?

Who woke Sandoval up?

Roy

Old 06-06-2004, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by 911 flyn
I voted , just waiting for you guys to make up your minds,

good research T.

OC looks best... no valet parking, remember ferris buellers
day off?

Who woke Sandoval up?

Roy
Oh yeah! Should be a great time...we need more votes!!!

T

Old 06-06-2004, 03:39 PM
996Yayo is infamous around these parts
I'm all the way in florida...but don't worry, i didn't vote so as not to skew the results of the poll. I just had to ask why so many voted for Fleming's and none for Morton's? I only ask because i've been to both and found Morton's to be better. Is Fleming's a better location or something

Old 06-07-2004, 01:24 AM
N3O
N3O is infamous around these parts
I can go, only if it is by the end of june or early july...

Old 06-07-2004, 01:26 AM
Hi Guys:

Looks like Fleming's is in the lead.

I'm gonna stop by Fleming's today or tomorrow in order to check on dates. I'm thinking late June.

Thanks.

T

Old 06-08-2004, 12:57 PM
Any more vote?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which restaurant for Dinner with P-brother and sister?