996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Are the girlfriend of wife allowed to drive the porsche?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 07:28 PM
HiSide is infamous around these parts
To me it is just a car. It can easily be replaced. My wife can't. Its just money, I make more every couple of weeks whether I need it or not.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:20 PM
John Romano is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Redlined
"I would genuinely relish looking across at my mate and not having ridiculous thoughts "

Divorce sucks, been there as well.

I hope you find that relationship in which you will both enjoy that Gembala...with no external financial concerns. It's just a car...it's only money.
Of course it's only money. And if she lets me drive her Ferrari I'll let her drive my Porsche!

Old 01-31-2008, 05:26 PM
Stealth996 is infamous around these parts
I prefer she drives her Cayenne. My car and hers are daily drivers. I will not teach her to drive a manual transmision car so I dont have to worry about potholes where to park etc. She is Ok on a higher SUV.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Banned
Staff@RPM is infamous around these parts
Hi, My girl wanted to drive both my 02 c2 and my 03 TT, but after a short burst in the turbo and not being able to get out of the driveway in the c2 she now shows me boxsters in tip. And says always wanted a convertible. What to do?
Tim

Old 02-03-2008, 06:23 PM
ntrylvl is infamous around these parts
What a stupid post.

The worst thing about car forums (aka hangout for "good old boys") is the pervasive Cro-Magnon mentality.

Of course, I let my wife drive the C4S when/if she wants to. It's 2008, people. Get your heads out of your bungs.

C

Old 02-03-2008, 06:33 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Yes, of course my wife drives our car.

MK

Old 02-03-2008, 08:45 PM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
It's good that someone finally stepped up and labeled us for the misogynists that we obviously are. I mean hell, i can't believe that they let women vote these days, much less drive cars.

I'd really like to thank you for enlightening us bubbas and elevating us to your celestial plane of 2008 thinking.

Originally Posted by ntrylvl
What a stupid post.

The worst thing about car forums (aka hangout for "good old boys") is the pervasive Cro-Magnon mentality.

Of course, I let my wife drive the C4S when/if she wants to. It's 2008, people. Get your heads out of your bungs.

C

Old 02-03-2008, 11:08 PM
vick57 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ntrylvl
What a stupid post.

C
this thread is not stupid. it is pointless and silly.

the best thing about car forums is that the sense of community fostered by shared interest and relative anonymity allows people to be fearless and share their thoughts. yes, sometimes those thougts are pointless and silly. but, in general the valuable information to sillyness ratio remains pretty high here.

you obviously feel stongly about gender relations. thank you for sharing.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:38 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I have never had anyone ask me to drive my Porsches. That includes former gilfriends. ex wives,current girlfriend, family , buddies .

A variety of the above have driven my other cars.

Perhaps those who care about me , see how much the car means to me and they shy away because their fun of driving it might be mixed with apprehension.
Perhaps those who don't know me or care about me quickly expect to hear the word "no" because I am quite good at saying it and setting boundaries.

If asked --it would depend on who asked but I would answer yes or no depending on how I felt in that moment but to just gleefully hand over my key as if I don't care would not be the case .

I don't ask anyone to drive their cars either . I don't feel comfortable even asking .

Old 02-04-2008, 06:50 AM
Redlined has a spectacular aura aboutRedlined has a spectacular aura about
"What a stupid post.

Of course, I let my wife drive the C4S when/if she wants to. It's 2008, people. Get your heads out of your bungs."

Hell of a first post, hopefully it's your last

Old 02-15-2008, 11:53 AM
nicolasmora is infamous around these parts
My fiancee does drive my Cayenne S, but hey its an auto, so I dont freak out, and overall she is a decent driver. Now that im looking into a C4S im not sure how im going to feel about letting her drive it. Im scared of her destroying the clutch. If im in the car with her then I guess it will be fine. But otherwise, no I dont think so.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:13 PM
rotokim is infamous around these parts
My wife can drive my C2 whenever she wants - hell, she's the one who pushed me to get it. She supports my obsession with these cars and always has.

She chooses to not drive the Porsche - just isn't her thing. I have had several comments from neighbors regarding our Porsches -

- Can your wife talk to my wife?
- Don't ever sell your Porsche, man. You'll never get it back again!
- If my husband had a Porsche, I'd be out in it all the time. What's wrong with your wife?

It's amazing how much Porsches can generate buzz. I'm a marketing guy, and I find it fascinating.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:57 PM
porsche4391 is infamous around these parts
just dont get a gf lik me lol...u get to put stuff in your car tooo

Old 02-15-2008, 07:57 PM
rlim is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rotokim
My wife can drive my C2 whenever she wants - hell, she's the one who pushed me to get it. She supports my obsession with these cars and always has.

She chooses to not drive the Porsche - just isn't her thing. I have had several comments from neighbors regarding our Porsches -

- Can your wife talk to my wife?
- Don't ever sell your Porsche, man. You'll never get it back again!
- If my husband had a Porsche, I'd be out in it all the time. What's wrong with your wife?

It's amazing how much Porsches can generate buzz. I'm a marketing guy, and I find it fascinating.
------------------------------------

My wife suggested replacing our 87 325is with a Porsche. She always wanted one when she was younger. I did not dispute her suggestion and went along with it.

Funny thing is she rarely drives it ... she still prefers to drive the Bimmer.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:10 AM
sLaM has a spectacular aura aboutsLaM has a spectacular aura about
my gf is scared to drive my car b/c she thinks it's too low.. i guess it worked out for the better =)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are the girlfriend of wife allowed to drive the porsche?