996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Are the girlfriend of wife allowed to drive the porsche?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 02:10 AM
NeunElfDrehzahl is a glorious beacon of lightNeunElfDrehzahl is a glorious beacon of lightNeunElfDrehzahl is a glorious beacon of lightNeunElfDrehzahl is a glorious beacon of lightNeunElfDrehzahl is a glorious beacon of lightNeunElfDrehzahl is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by denversteve
That's pretty weak. EDIT: What's worse is responding to a 5 year old post. Sorry I missed that.
new member -gotta start somewhere-
so here's again to the "necrobump" I did!

Old 07-29-2012, 05:57 AM
PaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to behold
That's pretty weak. EDIT: What's worse is responding to a 5 year old post. Sorry I missed that.
I missed that too. I need to start reading the post dates.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:11 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
No

No, no one drives my car but me. Heck, no one has been in it bet me

Old 07-31-2012, 11:04 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Wow... Did this thread start before myspace existed?

I know one thing for sure - whatever phone I had at the time, is no longer in stock at Best Buy.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:18 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
EDI What's worse is me responding to a 5 year old post. Sorry I missed that.
Who cares It's all fun, that's part of what forums are for, fun, info, friendship...

Old 07-31-2012, 11:40 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Adding on to the list of responses to this old thread:

If you don't trust your wife to drive your car, then when do you trust her? My wife can drive my C4S whenever she wants to drive it. This happens rarely, but occasionally. Typically it happens when I drive her Porsche (the Cayenne) because I need more space. The original question is silly to me...

Old 07-31-2012, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Dennis C

If you don't trust your wife to drive your car, then when do you trust her? My wife can drive my C4S whenever she wants to drive it. This happens rarely, but occasionally. Typically it happens when I drive her Porsche (the Cayenne) because I need more space. The original question is silly to me...
My wife's nickname at work is "crash!" I would think that pretty much explaines it.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:48 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !

It becomes an issue because 99% of women cannot drive. For whatever reason - this is true. I'm not saying all men can drive, but if your significant other drives your car and pulls up to a parking block too close, or turns a little closer causing a little rash on your wheels, this can cost money to repair. Minor details, but I'm sure it will frustrate some here. Which then prompts a conversation about her ability to drive, which then turns into a discussion (somehow) about how you like your car more than her, she never feels wanted, and now wants to be happy with someone else...

BAM!

Marriage over.

All because she didn't know how long the nose was, and she expected the front tires to be the indicator, just like she does in her SUV.

Seriously - couple the inability to drive along with the innate bipolar disorder all women seem to have (even though it surprises them), and you have a recipe for disaster.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:04 PM
Gonzo911 is infamous around these parts
Only when I'm not dragging her around by her hair.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:43 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Not allowing her to drive your Porsche because she can't drive is very different than not allowing her to drive because she's your wife. If my wife couldn't drive, I wouldn't hand over the keys...

I don't let my teenagers drive my car...

Old 07-31-2012, 03:14 PM
Gonzo911 is infamous around these parts
I don't let my teenagers drive my car...
Amen Brother! My boys are 22 and 21. I don't let them drive it either.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:41 PM
K24madness is infamous around these parts
Hell yes let her drive it. I like sharing the neat things in life. The big stipulation I would have is being with her when she does. Explain that the car is finicky and you would not want her to feel bad about damaging it. Then show her the need to take driveways at 45 degree angles etc. Over time who knows maybe she will get it and be able to enjoy it on her own.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:51 PM
PoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura about
I let my gf drive mine in stop and shop parking lot. She is afraid to drive it though cause she knows how much the car means to me. I had to force her to drive it. God forbid one day i am in a situation and the only car for her to take is the Porsche. I want her to know what she is doing in the car.

Women are not really worse drivers then men. You have to understand that what you car means to you isn't what it means to your wife/gf. They know how much you care about your car but, they don't feel the same way about it as you. So, if they are driving the car and curb the rim it isn't cause they don't know how to drive, it is cause they don't pay attention to small detail like we do in order to protect our wheels or whatever else it may be. To them a curb on the wheel is no big deal. To us we see it as it ruins the whole look of our cars and others will see the curb mark and think we don't take care of our cars.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:04 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Can't imagine being with someone who I didn't trust to drive my car or wasn't capable of driving it well

Yes she drives it, when the turbos kick in it scares her though so she changes gear

Old 07-31-2012, 07:02 PM
Renoir is infamous around these parts
Yes, because it's hers. I just picked up a meridian '02 C4 cab for her. Although its hers, it feels good to have a P car back in the garage. My previous one was a '99 C2 cab which I sold in '05 to buy one of those '67 Shelby Eleanor cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are the girlfriend of wife allowed to drive the porsche?