996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Are the girlfriend of wife allowed to drive the porsche?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
I think Im gonna teach the wife how to drive the 996 (6spd)... she showed interest a couple of time... at first I thought no way. But this thread got me thinking if I showed her it may be a good possibility that I could get another porsche for the family ... whataya think, a plan?

Old 12-28-2007, 01:10 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
i think it all depends on the person. how many accidents do they have? tickets? etc...etc. you don't want your insurance to go through the roof. =)

maybe have them take a DE or DS day though PCA first?

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 12-28-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Let her drive it. I'm sure she'll be careful since she knows how you feel about it.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:10 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
he doesn't put up a good fight though.
Wonders of what a Rufee can do

Old 12-28-2007, 02:11 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
Wonders of what a Rufee can do
or too much dinner.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:26 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing better then a woman that knows how to drive. Cars can either be fixed or replaced, why worry about them.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
i think it all depends on the person. how many accidents do they have? tickets? etc...etc. you don't want your insurance to go through the roof. =)

maybe have them take a DE or DS day though PCA first?
she's actually a good driver... (in an auto tranny that is)... no tickets and coordinated somewhat... Knowing her, she would only do a de if it was her own car.

Originally Posted by Onetime
Let her drive it. I'm sure she'll be careful since she knows how you feel about it.
Whats the worse that can happen, burned clutch?... no biggie.

I wont tell her that its supercharged (like she'll know what it means anyway)... hopefully, the plan works and will be looking for another p-car...

Old 12-28-2007, 06:53 PM
Banned
tifosi550 is infamous around these parts
I have asked my wife a bunch of times to drive my C4S. She always tells me "are you crazy if a stone puts a nick you will know". I think it would be cool if she gave it a run.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:55 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Mom drove the GT3 w/ the house decorator person to a fabric show

Old 12-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

My wife drives better than most people I know.

She is welcome to drive it anytime she wants....she just prefers her SUV.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:28 PM
rpf996 is infamous around these parts
My wife loves to drive my 2002C2. She drove my 97 Vette, but that was way too much car for her. She told me sell the Vette & get a 911. She loves the gear box as compared to the Vette, although she wasnt thrilled about the B&M. I say teach her how to drive it & all will be fine!!

Old 12-29-2007, 06:14 PM
waipahu996 is infamous around these parts
My woman is happy driving her Subaru Forester. She says we both have boxer engines and AWD!!!

Old 12-30-2007, 02:02 AM
millennium911 is infamous around these parts
"My wife drives better than most people I know.

She is welcome to drive it anytime she wants....she just prefers her SUV."

To true, I can't get mine out of the rover. She likes sitting up high even if she has to drop down to the bump stops to get in or out. Go figure big guy, little 911... little woman, Range Rover. What's the world coming to

Old 12-31-2007, 11:00 AM
SaintlySins has a spectacular aura aboutSaintlySins has a spectacular aura about
Of all the topics I could advise you on ... this is the one!

CHECK THE FINE PRINT OF YOUR INSURANCE POLICY AND THE LAWS IN YOUR STATE!

I knew my girls driving skills, I was apprehensive, but all things considered and where she was going, I said yes. Of course there was an accident. The car was considered “Totaled”. However, in the state we lived, (not the one I reside in now), the insurance lawyers stepped in and enforced a coverage liability and decided she didn’t qualify for them to pay out for all damages. On top of that she wasn’t registered to the policy as a driver, so they paid out for the coverage she had, and that’s it. They didn’t have to pay-out for the value of my car (totaled).
Spoke to some lawyers, and they’d fight for the cause, but it would be a wash as their costs were going to be about the same as what I was asking for ... and no one could guarantee a win, so that seemed futile.

I lost a tremendous amount of money – AND MY NAME went on list as an insurance risk for 3 years, NOT HERS yet she’s the one that had the accident!

Whenever ANYONE ... girlfriend, guy friend, acquaintance, etc asks to borrow your exotic ... just tell them there’s no coverage unless they’re written into the policy as a driver.
If your girlfriend is worth it ... just call your agent, ask him some questions, and if advised have her listed as a co-driver. This may affect your premiums, but at least your sled will be covered for ALL possible scenarios. I know this doesn’t apply in some states, but check your policies! The insurance codes these cars come under are quite restrictive.
Be careful.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:11 PM
cdaniels is infamous around these parts
OUCH!!!!

Originally Posted by SaintlySins
Of all the topics I could advise you on ... this is the one!

CHECK THE FINE PRINT OF YOUR INSURANCE POLICY AND THE LAWS IN YOUR STATE!

I knew my girls driving skills, I was apprehensive, but all things considered and where she was going, I said yes. Of course there was an accident. The car was considered “Totaled”. However, in the state we lived, (not the one I reside in now), the insurance lawyers stepped in and enforced a coverage liability and decided she didn’t qualify for them to pay out for all damages. On top of that she wasn’t registered to the policy as a driver, so they paid out for the coverage she had, and that’s it. They didn’t have to pay-out for the value of my car (totaled).
Spoke to some lawyers, and they’d fight for the cause, but it would be a wash as their costs were going to be about the same as what I was asking for ... and no one could guarantee a win, so that seemed futile.

I lost a tremendous amount of money – AND MY NAME went on list as an insurance risk for 3 years, NOT HERS yet she’s the one that had the accident!

Whenever ANYONE ... girlfriend, guy friend, acquaintance, etc asks to borrow your exotic ... just tell them there’s no coverage unless they’re written into the policy as a driver.
If your girlfriend is worth it ... just call your agent, ask him some questions, and if advised have her listed as a co-driver. This may affect your premiums, but at least your sled will be covered for ALL possible scenarios. I know this doesn’t apply in some states, but check your policies! The insurance codes these cars come under are quite restrictive.
Be careful.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are the girlfriend of wife allowed to drive the porsche?