996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

newport996's new ride!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
congrats homie!! great car.. I am sure that you will have a great time!!

Old 01-28-2008, 06:50 PM
porschenut911 is infamous around these parts
What would be the first mod? How do you actually mod a lexus, they come loaded as they are right?

Old 01-28-2008, 07:01 PM
pattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the roughpattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the roughpattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the rough
god that car is hot!

Old 01-28-2008, 07:59 PM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by porschenut911
What would be the first mod? How do you actually mod a lexus, they come loaded as they are right?
Well just like ANY sports sedan...suspension...coilovers or a matched spring/shock combo....Both Tein & Tanabe make IN CAR adjustable damping systems...so you just press a few buttons and your settings are instantly changed...pretty slick. Lexus just launched their performance division. F Sport...so they have intakes, exhausts, springs and shocks, etc....then rims...a staggered 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 set of rims with nice sticky tires....lots of body kits and spoilers that ARE NOT ricey..lol...if you wanna go there. I am gonna add Sirius radio since my car didnt come with it, and iPod control via the touchscreen since Lexus just released the iPod module....LOTS of stuff to do with it if you want....

Old 01-28-2008, 09:18 PM
John Romano is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by newport996
Well, my experience so far is EXCELLENT. Its a fast, comfortable and EASY car to drive....I have not hit any canyons or anything to truly assess its handling, but in my week or so of driving it, its a GREAT little car. The shifts are quick and snappy, no lag there. Does not blip the throttle on downshifts like a DSG tranny...its a GOOD standard automatic 6 speed with paddle shifters...I expected that, but its QUITE fast off the line, and with 3006HP, tire spin is EASY....The audio system is like my home theater! Its got 14 speakers, subs, and center channel and is 5.1 Dolby certified...so its quite amazing...been having fun listening to my favorite Jazz and feeling like Miles Davis is in the car with me! If you close your eyes, and forget where its made, you would swear some German guy engineered it, but then you open your eyes and you see the technology and you know it wasnt...lol...The bluetooth, the Audio, the Voice commands for EVERYTHING, from climate control, to dialing the phone to NAV is amazing....Its a different kind of driving experience. Fun, yet at the end of the day I get pretty darn good mileage, still have enough power to get LOTS of tickets and the steering feel and control is great. Oh and heated AND cooled seats are pretty nice as well....

Interesting..... And, you sound happy! That's the important thing. Be safe!

Old 01-28-2008, 09:22 PM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by John Romano
Interesting..... And, you sound happy! That's the important thing. Be safe!
I think the fact that I am starting a new project is the fun part....learning the ins and outs of a new car, and the aftermarket stuff available for it...I am SURE I will miss the 996, but it hasnt hit me yet....maybe I am just getting older...lol....

Old 01-28-2008, 10:19 PM
John Romano is infamous around these parts
HAha!! I'm 10 years older than you. Don't worry, it will hit! BTW: I bought the Feb issue of Robb Report at the airport last week (R8 on the cover) it came polly bagged with a copy of the Robb Report Collection, in which there is an article on the "F" version of your car. It seems Lexus is going to put up a rivalry for M and AMG factory tuning. Looks like there will all kinds of placed to dump cash into your new ride! See, the disease is easily transferable! Enjoy!

Old 01-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by John Romano
HAha!! I'm 10 years older than you. Don't worry, it will hit! BTW: I bought the Feb issue of Robb Report at the airport last week (R8 on the cover) it came polly bagged with a copy of the Robb Report Collection, in which there is an article on the "F" version of your car. It seems Lexus is going to put up a rivalry for M and AMG factory tuning. Looks like there will all kinds of placed to dump cash into your new ride! See, the disease is easily transferable! Enjoy!
Yeah the IS-F is supposed to be VERY fast from the spies at Nurburgring....Its like my car but with the big V8 in it and a 7 speed transmission....It'll be in the 60s....

Old 01-28-2008, 10:54 PM
JayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the rough
congrats on the ride! i had a chance to drive a F at sema and let me tell you they are BADD ***. def thinking of that car as a daily driver

Old 01-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
congrats on the new ride!

Old 01-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
I think the fact that I am starting a new project is the fun part....learning the ins and outs of a new car, and the aftermarket stuff available for it...I am SURE I will miss the 996, but it hasnt hit me yet....maybe I am just getting older...lol....
Do you know if your IS had any TSIBs done? If you have a lot of brake dust on the front wheels I would HIGHLY recommend getting the brake tsib done. The brake dust is horrible on our cars. With the new pads you don't have to clean the wheels every week and the on/off braking is gone. You can find it on:

www.LexusTSB.com

Old 01-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by Itzkirb
congrats! now you need a new name.
How's this....

Old 01-30-2008, 12:06 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Well, my experience so far is EXCELLENT. Its a fast, comfortable and EASY car to drive....I have not hit any canyons or anything to truly assess its handling, but in my week or so of driving it, its a GREAT little car. The shifts are quick and snappy, no lag there. Does not blip the throttle on downshifts like a DSG tranny...its a GOOD standard automatic 6 speed with paddle shifters...I expected that, but its QUITE fast off the line, and with 3006HP, tire spin is EASY....The audio system is like my home theater! Its got 14 speakers, subs, and center channel and is 5.1 Dolby certified...so its quite amazing...been having fun listening to my favorite Jazz and feeling like Miles Davis is in the car with me! If you close your eyes, and forget where its made, you would swear some German guy engineered it, but then you open your eyes and you see the technology and you know it wasnt...lol...The bluetooth, the Audio, the Voice commands for EVERYTHING, from climate control, to dialing the phone to NAV is amazing....Its a different kind of driving experience. Fun, yet at the end of the day I get pretty darn good mileage, still have enough power to get LOTS of tickets and the steering feel and control is great. Oh and heated AND cooled seats are pretty nice as well....
WOW, With that much HP, make sure you don't break anything there....

Old 01-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
How's this....

THATS funny!

Old 01-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by Vik
Do you know if your IS had any TSIBs done? If you have a lot of brake dust on the front wheels I would HIGHLY recommend getting the brake tsib done. The brake dust is horrible on our cars. With the new pads you don't have to clean the wheels every week and the on/off braking is gone. You can find it on:

www.LexusTSB.com
I will check into that today....Thanks for the heads up!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: newport996's new ride!!!!