996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

players run we did it!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 02:26 PM
965Turbo is infamous around these parts
What's up everybody. For clarification Brian, my plate reads 965, 968 was close, but that is a different body style. And for the record, those Canadiens weren't the fastest, Adrian, Dado and I were. At least when the CS was doing 184, I was pulling away from him....

Old 06-22-2004, 03:04 PM
my993blewpastyu has much to be proud ofmy993blewpastyu has much to be proud ofmy993blewpastyu has much to be proud ofmy993blewpastyu has much to be proud ofmy993blewpastyu has much to be proud ofmy993blewpastyu has much to be proud ofmy993blewpastyu has much to be proud ofmy993blewpastyu has much to be proud of
what's up john. I miss my buddy. It seems this week will never end. There is a nother ralley coming up at the end of August. Give me a call. I will tell you all I know. Glad to see you jumped in on all this fun.. Can't wait to see you soon. Bird man...Don't forget about my watch.

Old 06-22-2004, 11:02 PM
Let's not forget that even when Adrian had his car flat bedded, he was still passing us. That tow truck driver was blocking the cops in places......

Old 06-23-2004, 01:40 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by NYSEGuy
Brian, do me a favor and send me some video of my car? I'm putting a video together as we speak.

Ed
Ed,

Check your PM.....

Old 06-23-2004, 01:43 AM
NYSEGuy is infamous around these parts
Gary, was it the one you sent the other day?

Ed

Old 06-23-2004, 03:51 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by NYSEGuy
Gary, was it the one you sent the other day?

Ed
Yeah,

Wondering if that nice lawyer you know has a connection in Tampa for me that will do about the same deal???

Old 06-23-2004, 06:13 AM
I have one here in Orlando that travels around FL. I'll send you a PM with his details.... Or you can use the network of lawyers I am using in Indiana. It's called Interstate Truckers LTD. They've been in just about every court in the U.S. The #'s 1-800-333-DRIVE. Let me know how it goes....

Ed

Old 06-24-2004, 12:54 AM
JLM348 is infamous around these parts
Adrian
Good to hear you made it back in one piece
This is Jean-Louis in the blue 348 Spider.
We were in the slow group everyday enjoying the scenary and the people in different states.

For all others that were on the players run, please keep in touch
jlm@ferraridrivingclub.com
We have a lot of pictures and video to share.
A lot of us on the west cost have sent all of our pictures and video out so it can be compiled on one format, we would be glad to share with other player run participants.

I do not frequent the board much so please e-mail me and keep in touch.

The week was amazing, I wish that Julie and I would have had more time to talk and spend time with everyone.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Dado DTM is infamous around these parts
Hi, glad everyone is home safe! Great writeups Brian.

I am free

I had a blast, very nice meeting all you guys.

Last edited by Dado DTM; 06-24-2004 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:11 PM
Welcome aboard Dado!! Glad to hear you"re a free man...

Old 06-25-2004, 02:58 AM
my993blewpastyu has much to be proud ofmy993blewpastyu has much to be proud ofmy993blewpastyu has much to be proud ofmy993blewpastyu has much to be proud ofmy993blewpastyu has much to be proud ofmy993blewpastyu has much to be proud ofmy993blewpastyu has much to be proud ofmy993blewpastyu has much to be proud of
Dado, What's up man. I'm glad everything is going to work out in court. I talked to Dustin yesterday(email). He said pay up and things will be cool in court. Me, I'm not to sure. I think they still want to put me in jail for a few days. Well see. Hope not. Glad to see your home. I'll miss you for the High Rollers run, but have a great honeymoon. Don't forget I have our special picture. Haha. Talk to you soon.Bird Man

Old 06-25-2004, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by my993blewpastyu
Don't forget I have our special picture.

I knew jail did strange things to good men, but damn, keep it private!!!

Old 06-25-2004, 07:01 AM
Playersmarkus is infamous around these parts
Adrian...I'm watching this board ;O)

M~

Old 06-25-2004, 08:35 AM
Hi Markus! As Adrian's attorney, I'll advise him to remain silent.....that way nothing can be used against him.

Old 06-25-2004, 09:28 AM
prova4re is infamous around these parts
Hey Dado
Did they take your web site away when you went to jail? lol
Fix that thing allready!

Man I can't get anything right, I should have said 911 that way I wouldn't have ofended anyone.

For you people who missed out on all the fun, here is.......

Day 4
Chicago to KC

Dustin from Tecakademics and I switch seats, I get a thrill ride with Dado.

Dado and I went to the parking garage were his car was parked, the Bmw M3 that he had bought the day before the Players run last year looked nothing like this car.
The interior was striped of just about everything, but he did add a few things like, race seats, roll cage, fire system, and 500hp.
I was standing next to the passenger door looking inside to see where I was going to sit, when he fired the engine up.
My first thought was the sound of the car exhaust was cool as hell, my second thought was why was my leg on fire?
I looked down and my hair on my left leg was gone, and my white sock was now black.
The tail pipe was coming out the passenger side of the car, right were my foot was.
After pouring half a bottle of water on my leg to ease the pain, and cramming myself into the passenger seat we were ready to go.
Dado gave me the run down on the car, it had no windows on the drivers or passenger side doors.
The only thing left on the inside of the car that was OEM, was half of the dash, every thing else was striped for weight saving's.
He then told me it was raining yesterday, and there might be a little water on the floor.
We started down the parking ramp, when my feet got soaked from all the water that came rushing forward.
We parked outside the front of the hotel, waiting for everyone to line up, and I was already getting hot from sitting there.
I got out to cool off, when I noticed a meter maid pull up, and start righting tickets to the Lambo guy's.
I grabbed my camera and went to interview the guy, he said the Sargent from the fire dept. was making him right tickets as we were blocking the fire lanes for 5 blocks.
The Sargeant called for tow trucks, and more police to ticket us, we asked him for a little break as we were going shortly when everyone else got there.
He said you rich s.o.b.'s got no parade permit, and your in my space, the tow trucks are on there way.
We took the hint, as a tow truck came around the corner. Everyone jumped in there cars and took off, as they were wrighting tickets.

We got a little lost leaving the city, and went 10 minutes in the wrong direction.
At the speed that we were going it was like 30 miles north of the city, we turned around and hit rush hour traffic on the way back.
It was bumper to bumper traffic for 30 minutes and at this point I was about to pass out from all the heat.
The exhaust for the car runs down the center and then comes in the cab, and runs behind the passenger seat then out the side of the car.
If it was 80F outside it was 100F in the car.

We were sitting there in traffic when the cabin started to steam up. I looked behind my seat and the water bottle that I had cooled my leg off with, fell on the exhaust pipe and had melted.

We finally found the right highway and got under way,
The first toll both we came to the girl said we late and the rest of the pack had passed through there 20 minutes ago.
By the time we hit the next booth, we had only passed 3 of our cars.
The guy in the booth said the F40 passed through 5 minutes ago, I think that gave Dado a little bit of motivation. We over took the F40 and 4 other Ferrari's 20 miles later, and 12 other cars before we hit the next toll booth. the guy at this booth said the main pack passed through 10 minutes ago, and to watch out for the speed trap 2 miles up.
Sure enough there were 2 state police cars sitting there shooting radar, I waved to them and took there picture as they waved back. Dado just shrugged and put the hammer down as soon as we were out of there sight.
we passed about 15 more cars, then we came over a hill there was a cop just giving someone a ticket, he was walking back to his car put his hand up to say HI!
Ok maybe he was jesturing something else.
I looked at Dado he smiled and never let off the gas.
By the time we got to the next booth we passed all the cars.
His rear tires were getting worn on the inside, due to his neg camber.
So we had to pit and get a new set,
When we pulled up to the Goodyear tire store, 3 guy's came out and started going crazy shouting your the guys.
They had been listing to the police scanner and heard that we had been clocked at 184mph. The police were setting up a road block 2 miles ahead for us.

Good thing we got off!

They didn't have any tires and
they couldn't rotate our tires because our rims were to big, so they sent us around the road block to another tire shop.
They took pics with us and the car, and made us sign autographs.

It took a little longer than we had thought to rotate the tires, so we were playing catch-up again.
Dustin called us and said they had a flat in the Nsx, and the can of fix-a-flat was not working.
So we quickly caught up to them and pulled over to help. The tire was shredded and there were 2 chase trucks there helping out.
They loaded the Nsx in the trailer and we were ready to go again.
We stooped at the first gas station with everyone else was waiting for us, I decided it was time to ride in a car with some ac, as I was so sun burnt and tired from the heat.
So I switched with the other cameraman that was in the Prodrive concept SUV.
The Prodrive tuck was like driving a big moving target, it was to slow to hang with the pack.
It stood out with the stickers on it, and it was so slow the cops could catch it with no problem.
But it had AC! and it was only an hour to KC.
We pulled up to the hotel, and there we about 100 people outside watching the cars come in.
The guys that had been there for a hour or so told us that the M3 and the 993 had been "detained" lol. Dam I missed all the fun.
Dinner was at a cowboy ranch, and the food was great.
The entertainment was provided by the mechanical bull and the beautiful girls who rode it.
After dinner I went back to the hotel and the driver of the 993 (Adrian) was there holding court, telling everyone what had happened to him and Dado that day.
He had some great stories.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: players run we did it!