996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

04-05 C4S vs 06-07 Cayman S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
chill out zem i wasn't talking about your mom

again, i'd never get the cayman. the 911 drives better. including the c4s. if you wanted a purist car, get a damn lotus elise.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Karrera4
Choi is why Porsche marketing is working so hard. That way of thinking is why Porsche had to try different things like the Cayenne and Boxster/Cayman and the Panamera. I know because I had a meeting with the VP of Marketing for PCNA
the very fact we're on this board means we are all impacted by marketers/campaigns etc.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:16 AM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
Im going to step out of this pissing match. I jumped in to give my opinion and my knowledge just pales in comparison to some of the experts on here. lol

Whatever

And Ben im still waiting for you to write something that makes sense on this forum. Bling Bling Bling p-ce lol

Old 02-14-2008, 10:17 AM
mathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PhantomMoneyPit
987 Cayman S= Glorified Boxster
996 c4s = Glorified 911

Nuff Said
But, isn't Glory great??

Old 02-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by ZEMDOGG
Im going to step out of this pissing match. I jumped in to give my opinion and my knowledge just pales in comparison to some of the experts on here. lol

Whatever

And Ben im still waiting for you to write something that makes sense on this forum. Bling Bling Bling p-ce lol
if u want to read stuff that makes sense, go ask your momma to read a bedtime story for you and you can read along

hehe

Old 02-14-2008, 10:29 AM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
from a marketing standpoint, the 911 is the "flagship" product in the portfolio.

subordinate/secondary products aren't meant to compete, but merely to serve as options.

Cayman/Boster/Cayenne are fine products in their own right and designed to serve as options for others that may not fall into the target audience for the 911 group.

Couldnt of said it better myself!!!

Porsche is a total victim of their own success....

Old 02-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Karrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
chill out zem i wasn't talking about your mom

again, i'd never get the cayman. the 911 drives better. including the c4s. if you wanted a purist car, get a damn lotus elise.
We have a lotus too...great car. makes the cayman feel like a cayenne - heavy and big!

Old 02-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Banned
totally dude. there's always something diff so to knock on the 911 cuz it's heavier and not mid-engine is.... not the WHOLE story. it's nitpicking aka splitting hairs.

believe me, i'm all for the cayman s it's a great car but if there's a 911 let alone a beautiful 996 c4s in the same price range but maybe u don't get the latest... the fact that it's a 911, the sound of it, the look of it, the history of it... ALL counts.

i could've gotten a faster, lighter car but i didn't because the 911 has overwhelming strengths in other areas that i just had no real hard time deciding to go for the "dated" 996 series.

it's a personal decision these things so what we'are all trying to do is guide/recommend/advise the author. my best advice is..... Get the 911.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:33 PM
if u want to read stuff that makes sense, go ask your momma to read a bedtime story for you and you can read along

hehe
Still waiting........

You talk about history, man you dont know a damn thing about Porsche and its history lol

You can talk all the smack about my mother you want also lol I never liked her very much

Old 02-14-2008, 01:28 PM
erubin is infamous around these parts
Having driven both the 996 and Cayman s extensively and faced with the same choice I went with the 996. The Cayman is a very impressive car that is hard to knock. In the end I choose. It was a purly gut decision based on the feel and charracter of the two cars and the benifit of the rear seats. In my opinion the Cayman just didn't have the raw race car feel I get every time I get behind the wheel of the 996. I like the quirky handling charracteristics the grunt and charracter I felt was missing from the Cayman. I have driven the Cayman several times since I purchaed my 911 and allways felt that somthing is missing. Another thing to think about is you desire to modify your viehicle. I have no hesitation to swap out parts and tinker on a older used car but if I had a newer model I might hold off. very good friend of mine just traded in his 1 year old Cayman s for a 997 and can't believe how much more he likes his 997. That said, the one thing I might do differently if I was faced with the same decision would be to step up to a used 997S. Although I don't feel the handling is that much better the interior cabin is much more refined and I personally like the new front end and wider rear. Ultimatly you should choose what makes you smile everytime you get behind the wheel and drive.

just my 2 cents.

erubin

Old 02-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Banned
Still waiting........

You talk about history, man you dont know a damn thing about Porsche and its history lol

You can talk all the smack about my mother you want also lol I never liked her very much
oh damn sorry to hear that

and being a sales guy, i think you're only hurtin yourself here dog - it certainly shows your lack of polish.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:50 PM
^^^ im good man dont worry about me ; )

Old 02-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Banned
^^^ im good man dont worry about me ; )
ain't nobody worried here playa - you the car salesman not me

Old 02-14-2008, 02:17 PM
ain't nobody worried here playa - you the car salesman not me

Old 02-14-2008, 02:20 PM
nicolasmora is infamous around these parts
Ok boys, enough arguing, this was just a little research thread and trying to get some answers out of the infinite collective wisdom. I think I found a car. its a 2003 C4S CPO with the following options. LEATHER,METROPOL BLUE FLOOR MATS,XENON HEADLAMP PACKAGE,WHEEL CAPS W/COLORED CREST,BOSE HIGH END SOUND PACKAGE,STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST PIPES,INSTRUMENT DIALS PAINTED,MEMORY DRIVER SEAT,REMOTE CD CHANGER,PORSCHE CREST IN HEADREST. It has 27XXX miles, they are asking $55982. What do you guys think? sounds fair?

What has been lingering in my mind today is the depreciation factor. I know that the C4S is not going to take a terrible hit within the next 2 years, mean while the Cayman S is. Im going after work to look at the car I just mentioned. Will keep you guys posted.
Hey Zemdogg, being that you work at a Porsche Dealership, how is your inventory?
Any C4S?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 04-05 C4S vs 06-07 Cayman S