996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Porsche Sport Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 11:11 AM
taynut has a spectacular aura abouttaynut has a spectacular aura about
Porsche Sport Exhaust

Has anyone had the porsche sport exhaust and changed it to something different? Not sure if I would like to change the exhaust. The sound is great and the fact it can be turned on and off makes it that much better. Just looking for different power increases in different areas. Just installed the K&N Air Charger intake which sounds great with wide open throttle!

Old 03-07-2008, 11:22 AM
grizzy is infamous around these parts
I have PSE then I changed to fabspeed mybass-they were great but loud like really loud-I changed back to PSE after a year or so--much easier to drive an dont feel like a 10ton mack truck

Old 03-07-2008, 11:26 AM
swift996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by taynut
Has anyone had the porsche sport exhaust and changed it to something different? Not sure if I would like to change the exhaust. The sound is great and the fact it can be turned on and off makes it that much better. Just looking for different power increases in different areas. Just installed the K&N Air Charger intake which sounds great with wide open throttle!
How is the K&N kit? Can you notice a power difference? On their website it claimed +20whp @ like 5.3K rpms but usually there is an anomaly factor. Just wondering if it makes a difference overall throughout the powerband.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by swift996
How is the K&N kit? Can you notice a power difference? On their website it claimed +20whp @ like 5.3K rpms but usually there is an anomaly factor. Just wondering if it makes a difference overall throughout the powerband.
Will let you know more in a few days. Drove it around the block from the race shop before it started pouring rain.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by grizzy
I have PSE then I changed to fabspeed mybass-they were great but loud like really loud-I changed back to PSE after a year or so--much easier to drive an dont feel like a 10ton mack truck
Simple enough!

Old 03-07-2008, 12:15 PM
daytrader is infamous around these parts
I have K&N intake on my 996 3.6 for almost two years. Sound at WOT is all you get. No real HP. Don't believe words. Unit look like homemade from somebody's garage compare to EVOMS.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:36 PM
It was hard to beat for $230 installed. Howe does the EVOMS sound? What's the price?

Old 03-07-2008, 12:45 PM
swift996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by taynut
It was hard to beat for $230 installed. Howe does the EVOMS sound? What's the price?
$230 installed? The cheapest I can find the kit for is $270 shipped, where did you get yours? Installation isn't an issue, looks pretty simple.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:48 PM
I sponsor a race car team and they do all my mechanical work and order parts.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:47 PM
dhrecon is infamous around these parts
PSE is the best setup that produces the most beautiful sound out of a porsche. It may be 34lbs heavier than some other "performance" exhausts, but there is something about the deep raspy gargle the turns heads all the time.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:27 AM
1 PGH 1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dhrecon
PSE is the best setup that produces the most beautiful sound out of a porsche. It may be 34lbs heavier than some other "performance" exhausts, but there is something about the deep raspy gargle the turns heads all the time.
+1.

On the 996 non-PSE exhaust mod, I think some people have removed some of the baffles at the same time to reduce back pressure and possibly squeeze out a little extra hp.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:23 AM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
Keep the PSE, all aftermarket exhausts produce little to no HP gains. Besides the PSE in my opinion sounds the best. I'd change it out if you want to save weight but spending $1200+ for 20 lbs is a little tall.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by c2mojo
Keep the PSE, all aftermarket exhausts produce little to no HP gains. Besides the PSE in my opinion sounds the best. I'd change it out if you want to save weight but spending $1200+ for 20 lbs is a little tall.
Good answer. I have no desire to track the car so weight is not an issue....Thanks.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:29 AM
call-911 is infamous around these parts
I have the PSE and tried the B&B muffler. I ended up liking the PSE better but think the B&B is better over the factory non-PSE. I have the K&N too and love the sound combination. Anyone interested in a B&B exhaust?

Old 03-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
I have the TA Race Version and it's simply the best system I have heard and been told by numerous other enthusiasts.

Will post a clip soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Sport Exhaust