996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Is this legit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:43 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
Thanks for all your input guys, as much as i would like to have this car, we all know how the saying goes" If it sounds too good to be true...It probably is!"

Goes to show, a little due diligance, and a little help from your friends may have saved me from making a horrible mistake.

Instead of having something I so desire, I could have been left with a deep hole in my pocket with nothing to show for, better safe than sorry, a gamble I cant afford to take.

Thanks again guys, if nothing else, maybe another potential victim will come across this thread and be spared as well.

BTW, so others are aware, the car is a Speed Yellow 2006 Boxster S, 10k miles, black interior and 20" Techart silver wheels, VIN# WP0CB29836S730266, in all fairness, in case this seller is actually legit, and I don't wan't intentionally drive away his buyers if he is, I wont post his name or number, but if anyone else has a similar experience or happens to be looking a this perticular car, feel free to PM me to verify his story and I can give you the contact name and info he gave me.

To all a good night!

Old 04-05-2008, 02:12 AM
judgejon has a spectacular aura aboutjudgejon has a spectacular aura about
punt.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:21 AM
porsche4391 is infamous around these parts
when the english is bad, it is all those scammers in nigeria and whatnot....i was selling a playstation 3 on ebay and had one of them try to get me....and this case sounds quite suspicious

Old 04-05-2008, 12:03 PM
valmeida is infamous around these parts
Tell him you need to see the car first and to send you the address. If he refuses is a scam.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:33 PM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by valmeida
Tell him you need to see the car first and to send you the address. If he refuses is a scam.

Not entirely...if he is not a scammer, why would you tell someone you dont know where your car is and they also know you are out of the country and no one is watching it? Just say you will pay for the ticket of the guy to meet you there. If its legit, he will agree, and also tell him you will wire him the money once you see the car...as long as he has the title....or here is a great one...you have a relative in that part of Europe that you can wire the money to and he will bring you cash IN PERSON once you see the car. If he doesnt go for that, then its a scam....