996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

PSS9 question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 04:54 PM
glowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to behold
PSS9 question

I have a PSS9 system for my 996 C4. How much will the ride comfort be compromised, if at all, by installing this system?

All comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Old 04-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
if you set it at 9/9... it will feel just like stock.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
define compromise man, i don't know where these guys come from, do they even begin to try to do a little bit of research?

Old 04-06-2008, 06:30 PM
JonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by glowone
I have a PSS9 system for my 996 C4. How much will the ride comfort be compromised, if at all, by installing this system?

All comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason
FYI, I just had the PSS10 (essentially the same thing) installed and the ride comfort was rather dramatically improved.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Boxzing is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JonC4S
FYI, I just had the PSS10 (essentially the same thing) installed and the ride comfort was rather dramatically improved.

jon, how much did you drop the car and what damping settings are you set at? thanks.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:51 AM
JonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Boxzing
jon, how much did you drop the car and what damping settings are you set at? thanks.
Well, the shop is a bunch of racing experts, so they kind of did what they thought was best . . . From my original fender heights, the front went down 1.5 inches and the back 1 inch. All 4 fenders are now at 25.5"

Regarding settings, I might adjust these a little just for fun. First, in case you end up with PSS10, for some reason Bilstein reversed the settings on the PSS10s.
PSS9s: 1-9, 9 being "softest"
PSS10s: 1-10; 1 being "softest"
For me they set it at 3. Our streets are in bad shape, and this feels great. Even at this setting I feel that cornering is better. My back is also happy.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:38 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
You'll be much happier with the PSS9's on vs. stock suspension. Just do it
After install you can tweak around with the settings to your preference.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:23 PM
glowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to behold
Thanks.

Thanks for the input everyone. I wasnt sure which setting to use. It seems that I am not the only one with that question. I appreciate the info and I am always happy to reciprocate any of my experience.

define compromise man, i don't know where these guys come from, do they even begin to try to do a little bit of research?
Really? You dont know what I am talking about? I think anyone that has been on this site for awhile knows your a chump. I feel confident in saying so.

Thanks for the tips! PSS9 going on next week!

Old 04-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by glowone
Thanks for the input everyone. I wasnt sure which setting to use. It seems that I am not the only one with that question. I appreciate the info and I am always happy to reciprocate any of my experience.

Really? You dont know what I am talking about? I think anyone that has been on this site for awhile knows your a chump. I feel confident in saying so.

Thanks for the tips! PSS9 going on next week!
PS: I asked the same question here and on Rennlist, with the following suggestions . . . (Front/Rear). Again, these were for PSS9s, not the 10s I ended up with:

6 F 5 R
4F 5R
4F 3R
5F 3R
7 7
7 6
5 4
4 4 (not as harsh . ..)
4 3 (too stiff--went to 9 9 )
3 3
7 4
5 4
4 3
5 4 on 18s
7 6
7 6 initial good idea
7 5
5 4

Old 04-07-2008, 01:03 PM
stanm5 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi

What's the point of that reply? If you have no inclination to help, why post the negative ****?
What went wrong with you?

Old 04-07-2008, 02:15 PM
3deep is infamous around these parts3deep is infamous around these parts3deep is infamous around these parts3deep is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JonC4S
Well, the shop is a bunch of racing experts, so they kind of did what they thought was best . . . From my original fender heights, the front went down 1.5 inches and the back 1 inch. All 4 fenders are now at 25.5"

Regarding settings, I might adjust these a little just for fun. First, in case you end up with PSS10, for some reason Bilstein reversed the settings on the PSS10s.
PSS9s: 1-9, 9 being "softest"
PSS10s: 1-10; 1 being "softest"
For me they set it at 3. Our streets are in bad shape, and this feels great. Even at this setting I feel that cornering is better. My back is also happy.
I have to disagree on the Pss9 being reversed.On my set 9 is the stiffest.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by 3deep
That's interesting! I am no expert (obviously) so perhaps others might chime in. Kind of an important point for the OP.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
1=stiffest on mine

Originally Posted by 3deep

Old 04-07-2008, 03:41 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
On my PSS9 1=stiffest

Old 04-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Grabeard is infamous around these parts
My PSS9's are set at "6" both front and back. I'm quite happy with the ride.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PSS9 question