996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Pics of my interior mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 07:17 AM
erubin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
Rob- Check out my DIY thread on installing a DNX7100. The center dash spot under the alarm light cover for the GPS antenna is perfect. XM I'm not sure though as I did not hook that up.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...talled+kenwood

erubin- Looks great! very nice job on the lower area install of the head unit. BTW, what is a Reus stereo?
Reus is a custom system designed fspecifically for the Porsch 996. It is designed, manufactured, and installed by Reus Audio and has several unique features. It has a custom sub mounted in the trunk spare and ported into the cabin. It has a larger upgraded sub in the Bose footwell location. It has tweeters mounted behind the rear view mirror and upgraded speakers all around. There are 3 custom amps and crossovers also mounted in the trunk. The overall system sounds fantastic and the install is very clean. Very OEM looking. All amps and crossovers are covered by custom shelves and covers. I added the new nav unit to replace the origional head unit that came with the system.

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

http://www.reusaudio.com/

Last edited by erubin; 04-14-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
looks great! how are you liking your REUS system? Cliff just flew out to see me in NY for some minor tweaking and mine sounds spectacular =)
If possible it sounds even better with the Pioneer Nav unit than it did with the Eclipse head unit. I am still amazed that I can enjoy music at 70 MPH with the top down.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:50 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by erubin
Reus is a custom system designed from specifically for the Porsch 996. It is designed, manufactured, and installed Reus Audio and has several unique features. It has a custom sub mounted in the trunk spare and ported into the cabin. It has a larger upgraded sub in the Bose footwell location. It has tweeters mounted behind the rear view mirror and upgraded speakers all around. There are 3 custom amps and crossovers also mounted in the trunk. The overall system sounds fantastic and the install is very clean. Very OEM looking. All amps and crossovers are covered by custom shelves and covers. I added the new nav unit to replace the origional head unit that came with the system.

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

http://www.reusaudio.com/
Thanks- What did the REUS set you back? Can you post up some pics of the system? Went to their site but there's not much visual info there.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks- What did the REUS set you back? Can you post up some pics of the system? Went to their site but there's not much visual info there.
If I remember correctly, the Reus set up was around $4000 installed then I added around $1000 for the Nav unit and Sat radio.

I will try and snap some pictures of the setup this evening. Not much to show since most is hidden.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by jmla
Erubin,

Your upgrades look very nice, do you have closer pictures of the lower center console. Also, may I ask who did the leather work?

Thanks!
Here are the close-ups you requested. As I mentioned before I am in the process of making a new custom surround piece. I have already programmed a lazer to cut it out. I am just waiting on matching material. It is very difficult to find ABS with the right texture to match the Porsche parts. I am also planning on putting a small bend at the top to return the face back towards the dash. If I am not happy with this I am going to try a leather surround or machined aluminum to match the bat wing. I hope these pics are helpful.

erubin

Attached Images   
Old 04-14-2008, 09:21 PM
jmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nice
Thanks erubin,

Looks just as good up-close, I will contact 928.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:32 PM
As a said earlier not much is visible with the Reus system. sorry I did not have time tonight to uncover all the amps. I took some pics of the trunk mounted sub, the sub enclosure in the passanger foot well, the custom covers over the amps, and a picture of one of the tweeters mounted behind the mirror. I hope these are helpfull.

erubin

Attached Images     
Old 04-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by jmla
Thanks erubin,

Looks just as good up-close, I will contact 928.

Give Robert Bud a call directly. He is a really nice guy and great to work with.

I am having them cover my map lids on the doors next. Probably sending them out on Monday.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:41 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for posting the pics- that is a trip with the sub mounted on top of the spare! How does it port into the cabin?

I think you should cut out a trim piece for the HU that matches the batwing- so it looks continuous. Very nice.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:58 AM
thanks for posting the pics- that is a trip with the sub mounted on top of the spare! How does it port into the cabin?

I think you should cut out a trim piece for the HU that matches the batwing- so it looks continuous. Very nice.
The sub has a custom molded enclosure that fits into and locks to the center of the spare. The sub is then ported via a port tube. Not sure where or how they get access to the cabin. Sorry I missed the pic of the foot well enclosure. Let me know if you want me to post it. It is very clean and looks like the Bose version, just a little larger to handle the upsized sub.

I was leaning towards a machined aluminum face plate as well. The toughest part will be matching the pebbled texture and of the batwing.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:08 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
i got the best system they have for the 996, mirror tweeters and upgraded 10" subs /amps. the install + parts set me back about 5k not including the headunit and extra stuff (ipod/changer/hd radio)

it's defintely one of the best systems out there for hte 996, the mirror tweeters ARE AMAZING. it brings the entire sound up from your feet to your head.

the system is perfectly balanced and if you're in the NY area, i would meet up and let you hear it.

i was going to get a pinoneer head unit but rick and cliff recommended the Eclipse because of the higher voltage pre-out (something like that). they say their systems sound best with the eclipse.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:11 AM
valmeida is infamous around these parts
Very Nice

Old 04-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
i got the best system they have for the 996, mirror tweeters and upgraded 10" subs /amps. the install + parts set me back about 5k not including the headunit and extra stuff (ipod/changer/hd radio)

it's defintely one of the best systems out there for hte 996, the mirror tweeters ARE AMAZING. it brings the entire sound up from your feet to your head.

the system is perfectly balanced and if you're in the NY area, i would meet up and let you hear it.

i was going to get a pinoneer head unit but rick and cliff recommended the Eclipse because of the higher voltage pre-out (something like that). they say their systems sound best with the eclipse.

Sounds like I have the same set up as you. I agree it is an amazingset up. I had the eclipse head unit with the 8v pre-out but swapped it out for the Pioneer Nav unit. I hated the ergonomics and fit of the eclipse. IMO It did not see any change in sound quality and actually like the sound better from the Pioneer. This may be due to the ability for me to more easily change the EQ settings and staging. I do believe you can get an inline signal booster that can increase the pre-out voltage but I did not find it neccessary.