996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Pics of my interior mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 12:59 PM
erubin is infamous around these parts
Pics of my interior mods

Thought I'd stick my chin out and post some pics of my modded interior. I had my instrument pod, my center armrest lid, and lower console side panels recovered in leather with french stitching. As you can see I also installed several Alumilook parts and a Pioneer 850 nav unit to go with my custom Reus stereo. Let me know what you guys think and any suggestions.

Attached Images     
Old 04-13-2008, 01:23 PM
RobGar is infamous around these parts
I think the mods do look sharp. Personally, I may have gone with black instead of silver BUT my exterior is black and perhaps I'm a bit more conservative on that front :-).

I do have 2 questions. I'm about to install a Kenwood DNX8120 and have had full intentions of putting the head unit in place of the AC Control and OEM Radio location. What special parts/steps were needed to place the headunit where you did? I might consider that option instead.

2nd question .. how is your Satellite reception with the antenna on the dash? I've been perplexed on the best location to put that piece. Sirius head units have been fickle on signal strength based on my experiences with a few head units.

And for those of you considering the DNX8120, I'll certainly post pics and experiences when my install is done (about 1 month). This system is going to explode (Hertz speakers, Audison amp, 2 8" rear floor sub enclosures!)

Your car looks great!

Thanks
Rob

Old 04-13-2008, 01:54 PM
jmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nice
Erubin,

Your upgrades look very nice, do you have closer pictures of the lower center console. Also, may I ask who did the leather work?

Thanks!

Old 04-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by RobGar
I think the mods do look sharp. Personally, I may have gone with black instead of silver BUT my exterior is black and perhaps I'm a bit more conservative on that front :-).

I do have 2 questions. I'm about to install a Kenwood DNX8120 and have had full intentions of putting the head unit in place of the AC Control and OEM Radio location. What special parts/steps were needed to place the headunit where you did? I might consider that option instead.

2nd question .. how is your Satellite reception with the antenna on the dash? I've been perplexed on the best location to put that piece. Sirius head units have been fickle on signal strength based on my experiences with a few head units.

And for those of you considering the DNX8120, I'll certainly post pics and experiences when my install is done (about 1 month). This system is going to explode (Hertz speakers, Audison amp, 2 8" rear floor sub enclosures!)

Your car looks great!

Thanks
Rob
Thanks for the feed back. I was torn between going with Lapis blue to match my exterior or the Alumilook. I saw a car done in black and it seemed to be a little to loud and extreme in contrast for my taste.

With regards to the radio location. I did not have to do any major adaptation to get the unit to fit in the lower console. You do need to do a little cutting and grinding to the sides. good news this part is easy to replace and inexpensive if you make a mistake or change your mind. I purchased a new storage bin for the upper console t replace the old head unit slot. I am still working on the head unit surround and am going to do it in leather or aluminum to match the batwing.

The antenna position seems to work fne on the dash. I do have some issues in heavily forrested areas and sometimes in the city. Not sure if this is due to my antenea or just the nature of satalite radio.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by jmla
Erubin,

Your upgrades look very nice, do you have closer pictures of the lower center console. Also, may I ask who did the leather work?

Thanks!
Thanks for the feedback. I will try and get some better pictures of the lower console tomarrow. I have not yet finished the nav surround so it is still a little rough IMO. The one in the picture is temporary and will be replaced soon with leather or aluminum.

The leather work was done by 928 leather shop. Robert Budd is great to work with and the turn around time and I think the prices are very reasonable. The lid cover was around $100 with embroidery and the instrument pod was around $140 after core exchange.

The link is below.

http://www.928leathershop.com/

Old 04-13-2008, 04:23 PM
1 PGH 1 is infamous around these parts
Mods look great. The silver works very nicely as a whole package with the lapis exterior and tan interior, well done.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

I think it looks great!

Just enough contrast to add some detail.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:57 PM
es_geil is infamous around these parts
Very nice

Old 04-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
silver/tan is a very classy color combo

Old 04-13-2008, 10:37 PM
porschenut911 is infamous around these parts
Very classy, well done!

Old 04-13-2008, 10:47 PM
JT3
JT3 is infamous around these partsJT3 is infamous around these parts
Nice work, I got excited because I thought Robert was local.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:52 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Rob- Check out my DIY thread on installing a DNX7100. The center dash spot under the alarm light cover for the GPS antenna is perfect. XM I'm not sure though as I did not hook that up.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...talled+kenwood

erubin- Looks great! very nice job on the lower area install of the head unit. BTW, what is a Reus stereo?

Last edited by p0rsch3; 04-13-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:53 PM
SoCal996 is infamous around these parts
Lookin' good!!!

Old 04-13-2008, 10:54 PM
ACPorsche996 is infamous around these parts
Very nice leather work. The Nav looks great.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:40 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
looks great! how are you liking your REUS system? Cliff just flew out to see me in NY for some minor tweaking and mine sounds spectacular =)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of my interior mods