996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Intake Plenums, From GMP.....Now Taking Pre-Orders!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 01:39 PM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
$995

GMP should lower this price (in a group buy) i would hope.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:09 PM
taynut has a spectacular aura abouttaynut has a spectacular aura about
Matt, my car is available if you need one. I'll buy it if you give me a discount for using my car also. Just let me know, can have it to you whenever. John

Old 05-07-2008, 08:42 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Hey guys this isn't a group buy unforunately, we dont have permission from the manufacturer to start one but we do offer discounts to fellow sixpeeders.

Taynut, give me a call, I would love to use your car.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
I really don't have one. What I would like to do is get a car in here and drive it before we install so it I get a feel of its power, then let it cool down and install it and take it back out to see if I notice a difference. For a $1000 if it was my car I better feel a difference or I would be pissed. RSS is claiming 30 horspower, if this is true you should be able to feel the difference, forget the dyno, if your getting 30 more horses your going to feel it and you dont its not worth it because feeling the power is what its all about isnt it? no sense in spending a grand on something that supposed to get you 30 hp and you dont even feel it a little bit. and for me a thousand dollars is not worth a quicker throttle response.
i think the testing needs to be more comprehensive.

take 3 stock 911s

dyno all of them

install the plenum on all of them

dyno them again

uninstall the plenum

dyno them again

do all this in a couple of days or one day

normalized. averaged out.

otherwise, it's all too much fluff for me to spend $1G on.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
See thats the issue we have here, some may say a grand to see if something works, i rather pass, and the next guy may say ahh what the hell give it a try and see what happens if it does nothing I wil return it. I think everyone should just take the positive and negative comments along with the price and make their own decison for themselves.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:22 AM
taynut has a spectacular aura abouttaynut has a spectacular aura about
My order is in, who's coming with me?

Old 05-07-2008, 01:49 PM
RocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant future
otherwise, it's all too much fluff for me to spend $1G on.[/quote]

Ben, trust me, the part works well. Intake and exhaust are nothing compared to this for seat of the pants dyno.

Old 05-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RocC4S
It is a great mod, definitely noticeable difference.

Prices are going up on it huh? Mine was $765 on a group buy when they first came out.

Yeah, hard to compete with the distributor....

I think most retailers are having a problem with the distributor's method of selling for below what they can purchase it for....

Either you're a distributor or a retailer and if you're both allow the retailer to have a better price than you're offering out to the public to sponsor your own GB...

Just to clearify, I'm not talking about GMP

-Eli