996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Intake Plenums, From GMP.....Now Taking Pre-Orders!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Intake Plenums, From GMP.....Now Taking Pre-Orders!!!

Intake Plenum Pre-Order

GMP Performance

GMP is proud to announce that we are going to start carrying the IPD Intake Plenums. We are going to order in 5 units to get started but would like to have a couple of them already pre-ordered .

Give us a call to order 888 488 2028 EXT 257

3.4 and 3.6 Liters

Old 05-02-2008, 06:46 PM
asialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura about
Cost???Group Discount???

Old 05-03-2008, 04:07 AM
WARDHOG is infamous around these parts
Isn't Vivid Racing still selling them too?

Old 05-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
$995

Old 05-05-2008, 09:53 AM
erubin is infamous around these parts
Whats your opinion on some of the less than favorable Dyno runs that have been posted recently?

Old 05-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Site Sponsor
I really don't have one. What I would like to do is get a car in here and drive it before we install so it I get a feel of its power, then let it cool down and install it and take it back out to see if I notice a difference. For a $1000 if it was my car I better feel a difference or I would be pissed. RSS is claiming 30 horspower, if this is true you should be able to feel the difference, forget the dyno, if your getting 30 more horses your going to feel it and you dont its not worth it because feeling the power is what its all about isnt it? no sense in spending a grand on something that supposed to get you 30 hp and you dont even feel it a little bit. and for me a thousand dollars is not worth a quicker throttle response.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:46 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Good answer.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:07 AM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
From what i've been told is the plenum's dont give a real 30 hp bump, that said they do aid in much better throttle response so acceleration feels more effortless and more responsive.

To quote a very well respected Porsche man (who will remain nameless): it costs upwards of 15 grand to for Porsche to get a 30 hp gain on these engines, i seriously doubt that an intake plenum is going to achieve similar hp results.

Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
I really don't have one. What I would like to do is get a car in here and drive it before we install so it I get a feel of its power, then let it cool down and install it and take it back out to see if I notice a difference. For a $1000 if it was my car I better feel a difference or I would be pissed. RSS is claiming 30 horspower, if this is true you should be able to feel the difference, forget the dyno, if your getting 30 more horses your going to feel it and you dont its not worth it because feeling the power is what its all about isnt it? no sense in spending a grand on something that supposed to get you 30 hp and you dont even feel it a little bit. and for me a thousand dollars is not worth a quicker throttle response.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Site Sponsor
Thanks for the info, From past experience with most NA cars its tough to get a lot of power out it without going with some method of forced induction.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Site Sponsor
OK guys I think we have our first customer, I still want to run that dyno information from AWE by him just to make sure he still wants to order it. I would hate to sell it to him and then he be disappointed by the performance.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:49 AM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
I saw all the hoopla on the 997 side on this and I think AWE needs to colaborate with RSS for some final word. Instead of a pissing contest....

All I know is I have zero regrets buying this for my 996. I do not know if it gives the 30hp or not (my opinion on Dyno test results are like comparing the blondes to the brunettes while dating....). What I know is this, that the car has some more power, and much better throttle response. Before the mod - my stock 996 was ok, now it has more *****, period. And combined with the EVOMS Airbox it has much better breathing and some more power and better exhaust sound. Yes I wish it was less money, but everything for these damn cars cost more $$. I do want to add full exhaust system and a flash, but cheese and rice this is another 3500-4000.....and then MK1 and 9k seats, does it ever end.......I guess most of it (at least powerwise) does when I get a TT

damn maybe I should complain about exhaust systems to see if I can get a butt dyno deal of the day for supplying my car...

Old 05-06-2008, 12:15 PM
RocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant future
It is a great mod, definitely noticeable difference.

Prices are going up on it huh? Mine was $765 on a group buy when they first came out.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Site Sponsor
those are just the retail prices. i still cant match that price because its a group buy price that you got it for, but i can offer our regular six speed discount plus free shpping

Old 05-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Site Sponsor
hey guys i want to thank you for all your opinions on the product, it really has helps for future customers to make a well informed decision. thanks again

Old 05-06-2008, 01:38 PM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
deputy dog already did a dyno. search for it. it does show an increase.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Intake Plenums, From GMP.....Now Taking Pre-Orders!!!