996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Carbotech & 6speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 07:26 AM
CarbotechDanny is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Irksome
What amount of discount are you offering to 6speeders?

Also, are your products sold anywhere besides your site?
We are offering a 10% discount to all 6speed members. Yes, we have many dealers that you can also purchase our brake pads through.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:37 AM
Last Car,

I think I'm following you now. There is no such brake pad that is dustless. But, while braking our 1521 compound does not have brake dust just pouring out of the wheels. I know some brake pads will turn wheels black just between gas station fill ups. Our 1521 compound will not do that. Does that answer your question?

Thank You,

Old 05-15-2008, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by itacud
Pretty quiet with the AX6's on the allroad. But, it really depends on how aggressively you brake during ordinary use... If you don't keep a good layer of pad material on the rotors, they start to squeak and chirp again. A lot of very light braking, or a lot of use at low temps will scrub them clean. For example, using XP8s on a different car - an Infiniti's stock Brembo system - yields much less noise than using XP8s on the 911. This must be due to the different weight distribution and the inferior brake cooling of the G35. A lot of Lotus Elise guys are starting to use AX6's and XP8s, and those are very light weight cars.

I'm guessing you'd really like the AX6s, if getting on the brakes often enough to keep the system bedded. The performance is very good, and the rotor wear very low.

You are correct with many of your statements. For various reason our AX6 and XP8 compounds will make no noise on certain vehicles, and then a lot of noise on other vehicles.

Some of those reason can be weight distribution, weight of the vehicle, brake pad/caliper design, type of metals used on those rotors, whether or not they were bedded properly, if the rotors are used with another manufacturers material on them, if you have a good layer of material transferred onto the rotor surface, and how aggressive you are with the pads. Those are some of the variables that can cause the same compound to make noise on one vehicle, and no noise on another vehicle.

I hope that helps. Itacud, I'm glad you happy with our compounds! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank You,

Old 05-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Last Car is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CarbotechDanny
Last Car,

I think I'm following you now. There is no such brake pad that is dustless. But, while braking our 1521 compound does not have brake dust just pouring out of the wheels. I know some brake pads will turn wheels black just between gas station fill ups. Our 1521 compound will not do that. Does that answer your question?

Thank You,
Yes, thank you.