996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Coilover install cost?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Oakeguy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 911Joel
Wow..12hrs!!! and I thought 8 was bad.

I have found a number of places now who say it takes 4 hrs.

Im just curious about these places that say 8 or more hours. Does it mean they dont know what they are doing or is it a matter of taking there time (like every bolt they take a 5 min smoke break)???
Book time is what most shops use. It is set up to give an average time of any job. Just because the book says 8 to 12 hours does not mean it'll take that long to do the install. Go with a shop the will charge base on the real time spend on the install not the book time. Book time = the time used to work on the car + 20 minute smoke breaks factor in for every hour.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:40 PM
exophthalmos is infamous around these parts
Dont mean to hijack thread. would it take longer just to change the springs only? I heard it's more labor than changing out the whole system! C4 and C4S would take longer since all wheel drive, true?

Old 05-28-2008, 12:06 AM
scwerks is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Oakeguy
No not that one. The full business name is Motorsport Techniques. Sorry I call them Motorsports for short. They are located at 1410 W Winton Ave, Hayward, CA 94545. Keep in mind the price I paid is a " friend price" Yours might be slightly higher. But I don't think it is going to be anywhere near the price the guys in Dublin give you. I think the normal price for that service is no more then $500.
if this is the same shop i'm thiinking about, the alignment guy there is awesome. alignment is priced very well.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by exophthalmos
Dont mean to hijack thread. would it take longer just to change the springs only? I heard it's more labor than changing out the whole system! C4 and C4S would take longer since all wheel drive, true?
No, Same labor time. They still have to take the system apart and reinstall it.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by scwerks
if this is the same shop i'm thiinking about, the alignment guy there is awesome. alignment is priced very well.
Ya they are great there. One of the owners name is Ron. If you decide to go there, let me know. I'll ley ron know that you're coming. He usually take care of the people I send him.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:55 AM
scwerks is infamous around these parts
Ya they are great there. One of the owners name is Ron. If you decide to go there, let me know. I'll ley ron know that you're coming. He usually take care of the people I send him.

sweet, i need to get a Pcar first though.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:29 AM
911Joel is infamous around these parts
Im going to try to make it in next weeek. Im flying in to CA on Sun and will be there to Thurs. Im in the process of relocating to the East Bay but the car and suspension are already there. I just need to figure if someone from work can run me from Pleasanton to Hayward.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by 911Joel
Im going to try to make it in next weeek. Im flying in to CA on Sun and will be there to Thurs. Im in the process of relocating to the East Bay but the car and suspension are already there. I just need to figure if someone from work can run me from Pleasanton to Hayward.
PM me your info. I'll let he know you'll be coming. I would make an appointment if I were you. They get very busy at times.