996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

quad tips for 996?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 05:43 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
quad tips for 996?

Hi!

I'm looking for quad tips (like on the 997S) for my NB 996. I really like bolt-on but I don't want to pay $800 for tips. I'm not talking about the 2002 Turbo's or C4S overlapping ovals, I want 2 separated tips. Any help?

Thanks!

joel

Old 05-29-2008, 05:47 AM
auclutch is infamous around these parts
I have some leftover tips from my old 996 aero (C2). they're the x50 style tips original from porsche... don't know if these are what you're looking for but they're sitting in my friend's garage. let me know and i'll ask him if they're still around (should be in as new condition). willing to part with them for REAL cheap.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:07 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
do you have any pics?

Old 05-29-2008, 07:08 AM
perryinva is infamous around these parts
I'm interested

PM sent..if the OP doesn't want them...not too sure what X51 tips look like

Old 05-29-2008, 07:52 AM
daytrader is infamous around these parts
Joel,

You can get 997S quad tips and have the muffler shop weld them on your 996. They need to cut the end of your current pipes and add a short pipe to fit the 997S tip.

There are couple Ebay sellers selling them for $100.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:26 AM
As always... thanks Peter!

is there something you don't know???? ;P

Old 05-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
As always... thanks Peter!

is there something you don't know???? ;P
It happened that I am doing the same thing.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:46 AM
keep me posted with your findings...

Thanks!

joel

Old 05-29-2008, 10:10 AM
keep me posted with your findings...

Thanks!

joel
There is a post on Rennlist under 997 forum. There is a member selling his used but nice cond. quad tips. Right now, I have 997 TT single oval tips on my car that came with the 997 cans that I got them on Ebay for .99 cents. Yes, .99 cents!

Old 05-29-2008, 11:12 AM
.99 cents.... and $75 in shipping???

Old 05-29-2008, 11:14 AM
.99 cents.... and $75 in shipping???
It was $45 shipping charge. I got them for almost nothing. Real lucky!

Old 05-29-2008, 11:20 AM
that's what I call a deal....

Old 05-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Doc_Porsche is infamous around these partsDoc_Porsche is infamous around these parts
man... i need to jump on ebay more often.....

Old 05-29-2008, 11:32 AM
I had doubt that the seller will pull it from the auction. But he was a good fella and went through with it.

A few months ago, I missed out by a few minutes on an auction for brand new Pss9 for $290. I was so upset at myself for not bidding earlier and forgot the time.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Malakas is infamous around these parts
I can never find anything that looks legit on Ebay. Even exhaust tips - there are a whole bunch of techquipment look a likes, but they look fishy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: quad tips for 996?