996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

03 litronic conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 05:50 AM
shane is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by RobynC
Eric

When we pulled out my head lights and compared them to Kirby's...the pins were completely different, wires were missing on his compared to mine. How is you accomplished this by a plug? How did you guys make it work which pins did you move to make it work?? Inquiring minds wanna know...plenty of folks would like to do this mod.

yes you are right .
litronics would have a 12 pin plug and non litronics only 6 pin plug.
lets not forget the headlight is a dummy ,whether its a xenon or not, if you have a 6 pin plug then buy the right harness with a 12 pin conector rewire the harness to the old one [ i did not say its
easy , u will need some wiring diagrams from your local dealer ].
once the harness is in and connected the right way there is no
reason why it should not work unless something went wrong during the installation.
i will put more info whan my project is done .

Old 07-23-2004, 05:56 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by shane
hey Neil
u need to change the hdlts and the fenders with the turbo bumper ,if you use oem parts.
if not oem then you have to buy aftermarket bumper [mashaw
or gettydesign ]
wrong......neil quotes he has a '03 cab, so he doesn't need to change anything out. just call LA Dismantlers (porsche junkyard) or ebay for a used TT bumper shell. you will need to hack off/notch some of your aluminum bumper brace like a turbo so the duct area fits. everything else is a no brainer.

Last edited by Don Relentless; 07-23-2004 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:03 AM
yes you are right .
lets not forget the headlight is a dummy ,whether its a xenon or not, if you have a 6 pin plug then buy the right harness with a 12 pin conector rewire the harness to the old one [ i did not say its
reason why it should not work unless something went wrong during the installation.
dude wrong again, the lights are not dummy's they are smart. the wires are just a power relay, the litronic unit is on the headlight it self, non litronic '02 lights have no litronic(metal box) on the back of the light. this is what happens when you try to use cliff notes through school.

Last edited by Don Relentless; 07-23-2004 at 06:15 AM.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:55 AM
msb2tg996 is infamous around these parts
i have a 99 c2 just added litronics on it a day ago. it was pretty easy, you have to splice two wires, power up the washer (if you have one) then a white wire to power up the litronics, then the additional pins u are dicussing about comes with the retro fit kit, it will include an additional 6 pin plug.
easy upgrade, takes about 1hr 30mins.
makes a lot of difference driving at night.

Old 07-23-2004, 07:22 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
I have NON Bi-Xenon light on mine. I wanted to change them out, but now with all the thefts going on i'm keeping it the way they are.

'99 and older cars is easy to make the switch, they even sell a retro fit kit to do everything.

On 02 and newer cars it's not so easy....

Here is a Bi-Xenon, notice the Metal

Standard Headlights...

Last edited by Itzkirb; 07-23-2004 at 07:28 AM.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Don Relentless
dude wrong again, the lights are not dummy's they are smart. the wires are just a power relay, the litronic unit is on the headlight it self, non litronic '02 lights have no litronic(metal box) on the back of the light.

hey erik
if the hdlts are smart then why does the driver need to change from low beam to high beam when needed ?!
whether u have the litreonic unit on the back of the hdlt or not
that have nothing to do with working a bixenon hdlts on a non xenon hdlts vehicle [ everybody knows that if u want xenons
u will neede to have the litronic box at the back of the hdlt ]
my point is not who is right or WRONG....it is the possibilety of
doing it ,and helping other with our experience.

Old 07-23-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by msb2tg996
i have a 99 c2 just added litronics on it a day ago. it was pretty easy, you have to splice two wires, power up the washer (if you have one) then a white wire to power up the litronics, then the additional pins u are dicussing about comes with the retro fit kit, it will include an additional 6 pin plug.
easy upgrade, takes about 1hr 30mins.
makes a lot of difference driving at night.

did u get the 01 style litronics or the 02 and up????????

Old 07-23-2004, 07:38 AM
wrong.......
bi xenon headlights $ 800.00 each [ new ]
fenders 370.00 each [ new ]
turbo frt bumper [ used ] $ 400.00
total of $ 2740.00
add paint & installation.................$ 1500.00
$ 4240.00 when finished
and the car look very sharp like that !
notice the first word on your post. shane, i am not here for a pissing contest as well, just here to help.

Old 07-23-2004, 07:43 AM
yes you are right .
i just think your post, may it be my mistake, so sorry if so, but the way you explain it sounds like you are saying that the litronic system is all in the wiring. anyhow it's obvious you seem to know what your talking about so life is all good. and buy the way, don't use cliff notes to get through school.

Old 07-23-2004, 08:12 AM
btw, i thought BiXenon (Bi meaning 2) were only on turbos, meaning high and low beams being xenons, which have another adttional metal box. it's hard to follow you when you word things incorrectly or are inconsistant in your thread but what do i know. sorry for the confushion guys just trying to give the correct info.

Last edited by Don Relentless; 07-23-2004 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:12 AM
msb2tg996 is infamous around these parts
did u get the 01 style litronics or the 02 and up????????
i got the '02.

Old 07-23-2004, 09:41 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
retrofit

I did MY00 Coupe that I owned and it cost me $1600 installed at Champion for the Xenons...

labor $300
xenons $1300 Included harness and brackets ( Braman Motocars)

I did this 2 years ago and that was my old car...

IMHO leave the car alone and dont try to make anything look like what it is not, if anything put the aero front bumber for MY01> and back....cheaper...

I hate the Turbo bumper the nicer ones are the GT3 Bumper (Aero Kit)

PS They have stolen my Xenons on my MY03 2 times now...the ****** mother**&^%$#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2004, 06:01 AM
I soon will be a supporting member
dbelleperc is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Don Relentless
btw, i thought BiXenon (Bi meaning 2) were only on turbos, meaning high and low beams being xenons, which have another adttional metal box. it's hard to follow you when you word things incorrectly or are inconsistant in your thread but what do i know. sorry for the confushion guys just trying to give the correct info.
You are correct on the high and low beams for Bi-Xenon's, but it is a shield inside the projector (the eye looking thing) that moves to produce the highbeam xenon light. When the lights are on and the highbeams are selected the shield moves out of the way and you get Bi-Xenon, but there is still only one ballast (medal box) on the headlight. And Bi-Xenon is available for any 996 with Xenon's from 02 and up.