996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Paul Toby is a scam artist, don't buy from him

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 08:28 PM
mashed potatoes is infamous around these parts
Maybe they were backordered??

Old 06-12-2008, 11:36 PM
scwerks is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mashed potatoes
Maybe they were backordered??

even so, it's still no excuse to not update a customer on what's going on with their order. got customer service.

Old 06-13-2008, 01:11 AM
MagnusB is infamous around these parts
I paid over a month ago, not a word since then. Tried email, phone, text messages, voicemail but no luck.

I did contact Jic-magic and they will look into it and try to resolve it in a good way.
They didn't know anything about my order and it seems he did this one on his own.

I also got a call from Paul which I missed, no luck in getting him on the phone again, but maybe it will be resolved.

I just want my coilovers ...

Old 06-13-2008, 06:17 AM
swift996 is infamous around these parts
Did you try to IM him? He has a AIM screen name listed on 6speed. Might be another way to try to reach him. That sucks, it's like even if there was an issue, have some decency to pick up a phone or shot an email and keep a customer informed. There is so much bad business now in days. People under-estimate the value of a customer relationship.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:51 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
seems like he was on here yesterday: hope he speaks up.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/member.php?u=12184

Old 06-13-2008, 02:31 PM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by auto-xr
Yep, I have the PM and email trail to back it up.
I understand - I hope you get resolution. I hate retailers that screw folks over -
please report findings

Old 06-13-2008, 08:04 PM
MagnusB is infamous around these parts
I have tried to call him maybe 10 times a day but there is no response.
The voice mailbox is full.
I hope I can get the money back from paypal or that jic-magic will honor the deal.
We'll see.

Last edited by MagnusB; 06-13-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:57 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Seems like the mods might want to find out if this guy is still affiliated with JIC. If he's not a banning should be in order. If he is, they should have a talk with this particular site sponsor. It would be nice if Paul would give us his side of the story. I'm sure he know's about this thread and his silence doesn't reflect well.

Last edited by deckman; 06-14-2008 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Springgeyser is infamous around these parts
Magnus,

I forwarded my email of the special JIC 'deal'. I hope JIC makes good on from an employee that was representing the company.

I would say that Paul provided his opinion on a well used set of JIC I was about to buy. It was a hot deal from a Rennlister but I passed after hearing his comments. Good thing, I picked up another newer JIC set for just about that same price.

Hope it all works out. Paul Toby if you are following this thread, just square this away quickly and everyone will go on with life. Dropping 4 large and not getting at least a returned phone call is not kewl.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Apex944 is infamous around these parts
>> I paid over a month ago, not a word since then.

Wow thats really unacceptable. Have you been able to talk with anyone at JIC-Magic? If not they are probably about to go belly up.. I've see the pattern before. If you have contacted someone there, your order must be on file and they had better have an answer for you without giving you any BS like "we need to look up your order" ... any business that has taken an order knows exactly what the status of that order is.. else they cant fill it !

You should be running a proper german suspension on your car anyway

Old 06-14-2008, 07:55 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Have you talked to anyone there? If it were me I'd already have bugged everyone at the company- If you don't feel like being agressive or confrontational, hopefully you can just charge it back on your cc and go elsewhere. Lame position they have put you in.

^ I'm with Apex- If you are spending JIC money, go with KWv3's- they simply rock.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Dirty-D is a splendid one to beholdDirty-D is a splendid one to beholdDirty-D is a splendid one to beholdDirty-D is a splendid one to beholdDirty-D is a splendid one to beholdDirty-D is a splendid one to beholdDirty-D is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by scwerks
even so, it's still no excuse to not update a customer on what's going on with their order. got customer service.
and that's still not a reason to scream SCAM ARTIST and drag someones name, and company, through the mud.
jump to conclusions much?

Old 06-15-2008, 06:41 AM
perryinva is infamous around these parts
For $4k and a month with no word? I'd sure as HELL say it is!!

Old 06-15-2008, 06:51 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
i feel there are more *** holes out in this world than good people!!! i hate when you pay for things and they are not man enough to stand up! i call those people PUSSYcats!

Old 06-15-2008, 05:35 PM
daytrader is infamous around these parts
When you paid good money for something you expected the best nothing less. Especially it's over a month now with no phone call, email. Your time, your calls you as a customer don't have to do this. For dragging the name of the responsible party through the mud I say you need to. Let this guy understand we are not naive or stupid. You got paid and don't delivered on your promise, you deserve to be under the guillotine. That is the only way.

Put yourself in his shoes with this kind of stupidity and see you act any different. Only when it happened to you then you can fully understand.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paul Toby is a scam artist, don't buy from him