996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Paul Toby is a scam artist, don't buy from him

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BostonC4S
He or "his friend" need to provide you with a tracking # on Monday; otherwise time to engage the police. Also, do you know who is new employer is? I'm sure they might want to know about his "extracurricular activity". Good luck, hope it gets resolved next week.
Yes, "I" know who his new employer is..... Don't ask me how I know but I do... Let's hope that thinks are fine from the point on, I don't like tossing out info unless it's in the pursuit for justice.... "Let's just say it's still in the auto industry"

Hope everything works out and there isn't just a pile of bricks in the boxes shipped....

-Eli

Old 06-23-2008, 07:55 AM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
and that is one of the reasons why bbs's like these exists.

hopefully he'll get his coilovers.....

Old 06-24-2008, 07:24 AM
MagnusB is infamous around these parts
Angry

Still no shipping, only billing info received.

If your shipment status is Billing Information Received, then UPS has received the shipper's billing information electronically. This does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Cj_boxster is infamous around these parts
I just checked the shipping number, still says Billing Information Received. I'd have another talk with the owner of JIC when you have a chance to see if he could remedy your situation at all.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:44 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds to me like he's dragging it out....had an incident like this where it was dragged out forever...sent shipping number but never did get the product. It ended up going beyond the timeframe to file a complaint with eBay...so I got screwed....but it was only $150 not $4K. I'd be all over him until they actually were deposited on my front door. Sorry, but it still sounds like scam to me....there's absolutely no good reason to drag it out unless he's scrambling around trying to find a cheap set of JIC's from someone to send to you. Save yourself some grief....contact VISA or your credit card company and cancel the deal...I think you have 90 days. Don't be cajoled into thinking it will be resolved....his credibility sucks.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Springgeyser is infamous around these parts
Magnus,

+1

File the complaint to get your money back from Paypal. Jon from JIC did state to me that he will try to work something out with you. I'm planning to install my JICs before the next AX.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Springgeyser is infamous around these parts
Clarification.

The price was in the lower 2k range not 4 large as I stated in a earlier post.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:02 PM
drh
drh has a spectacular aura aboutdrh has a spectacular aura aboutdrh has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation

FWIW, I am a Admin on another unrelated forum and we established a trader rating where buyers and sellers provide feedback which is shown as a hyperlinked number adjacent to your username. This allows users to build a reputation within the community and it allows buyers and sellers to see who they are dealing with. I personally have 76 positive feedbacks with commentary. Others on our forum are into the hundreds. Those who receive negative feedback are scrutinized and often are required to show a measure of good faith in oder to rebuild their reputation.

my $0.02

Old 06-30-2008, 01:15 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Have you filed with PayPal yet? If you used a CC I think at this point you are in the right to request a refund giving the situation. I don't think they will defend the seller without tracking proof....

It's one thing to have a disagreement over an item, price, etc. etc. but just not getting the item in your hands is just an open and shut case.

-Eli

Old 06-30-2008, 07:47 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
I seriously think you should be getting his contact details from JIC, calling the police and suspending your payment. This guy has had way too much time already. No more excuses. This sounds like a scam. Pure and simple...

Old 06-30-2008, 08:46 PM
I filed with paypal, but it seems they are arriving soon ...

Package Progress Location Date Local Time Description OAKLAND,
CA, US 06/30/2008 1:08 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN BALDWIN PARK,
CA, US 06/30/2008 6:45 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN BALDWIN PARK,
CA, US 06/27/2008 7:58 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN US 06/21/2008 1:42 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Old 07-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MagnusB
I filed with paypal, but it seems they are arriving soon ...
good... keep us posted!

Old 07-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Angry

A package arrived today with coilovers, 996TT version
and the spring rates are 9/12, I can read katakana ...
The question is if they can be used on my 996 C2 cab?

This guy ...

Last edited by MagnusB; 07-01-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:23 AM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
thats BS. Cont with the paypal claim.

i would be def erked if it were me.

j

Old 07-02-2008, 08:28 AM
nine9six is infamous around these partsnine9six is infamous around these parts
From my experience, paypal claim wont help you. You should file with the Credit card company asap!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paul Toby is a scam artist, don't buy from him