996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Where does the "Carrera 4S" Logo go?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 10:06 AM
itacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the rough
Where does the "Carrera 4S" Logo go?

Has anyone put a logo on a c4S with the aero-kit? Would it go on the reflector, or is debadged the only good looking option? Any ideas would be appreciated! =)

Old 06-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
Dude don't put it on the reflector.

just put it where it makes sense. i personally think debadged cars look too kit car.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:29 AM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
here is an example from the NRAuto web site.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4S.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	72417  
Old 06-18-2008, 01:12 AM
itacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, I don't like the debadged look either... Had a cop pull me over to ask what the car was. Then he gave me a ticket. A logo on the back might have saved him the trouble! =)

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
Dude don't put it on the reflector.

just put it where it makes sense. i personally think debadged cars look too kit car.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:18 AM
I diddn't think there was really space above the reflector, but I guess it might work to just put the logo on the back of the tail... seems pretty good in hte NRAuto picture.

Originally Posted by zdr2k
here is an example from the NRAuto web site.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:30 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
yeah- the guy with the debadged car is always the one who bought the budget model and doesn't want anyone to know it- Like a BMW 328 vs. a 335, etc..

Old 06-18-2008, 09:35 AM
RocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant future

What wing is this and where can you get one?

Old 06-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Banned
that's the factory aerokit wing.

ita, i'd definitely put on the carrera 4s logo on the car. speaking on badges, i think it's the best looking badge of them all. contrasting S.... fills out the wide **** nicely.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:35 PM
lanny is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
that's the factory aerokit wing.

ita, i'd definitely put on the carrera 4s logo on the car. speaking on badges, i think it's the best looking badge of them all. contrasting S.... fills out the wide **** nicely.
I agree- love that stupid logo-

Old 06-19-2008, 01:31 AM
Yeah... I miss my 4S badge! Does the Bumper Plugs 4S badge (with the red S) include the 'Carrera' part? I dont' want to pull the badge off my non-aero decklid.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by RocC4S

What wing is this and where can you get one?
As Ben says, it's the factory aerokit. Only source is Porsche for now. No replica's.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:35 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by itacud
Yeah... I miss my 4S badge! Does the Bumper Plugs 4S badge (with the red S) include the 'Carrera' part? I dont' want to pull the badge off my non-aero decklid.
just order up a new set from philcoy@sunsetimports.com or something. prob like $50

Old 06-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Upon closer examination, I don't think the tail will work. The emblem would mostly face the ground, if mounted in the only area big enough. That little gap between the backwards sloped portion of the tail, and the reflector, is too small... I think.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Banned
well how does porsche do it from the factory?

Old 06-19-2008, 04:35 PM
That's what I'm trying to figure out...

These are the only "factory" pictures I can find:
Whereas the 'turbo' emblem can go right between the lights, with the Aerokit, there doesn't appear to be any emblem on the 4S aero. But, it's a tiny picture with lots of shaddowy contrast. So I can't really tell.
http://www.departstop.com/996TTAERO.htm

In this other Porsche provided picture, we don't see the back.
http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...Code=POTE996EX

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where does the "Carrera 4S" Logo go?