996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New Videos up of AfterHours Sport Mufflers!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 09:46 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
New Videos up of AfterHours Sport Mufflers!

Hey got the HD cam working and shot some further video footage of drive-by and cruise - both inside the car and outside. Also some vid of the mufflers installed on my car and removal of one side.

Enjoy!! Please turn up your speakers and be sure you choose "Watch in high quality" when watching the youtube videos, or the sound / picture will be lame.

Playlist: AfterHours Automotive Porsche 996 Sport Mufflers

AfterHours Porsche 996 Sport Muffler Fly-By and Cruise Test
01:47
Drive by sound test of new AfterHours Automotive Porsche 996 Sport Mufflers. These are a dual resonator straight-through pipe design.

AfterHours Porsche 996 Sport Mufflers Interior Driving Test
02:34
AfterHours Automotive Porsche 996 Sport Mufflers - Interior Driving Test -

AfterHours Porsche Sport Mufflers on 2002 Carrera 996
03:13
AfterHours Automotive Porsche Sport Mufflers on 2002 Carrera 996

AfterHours Porsche 996 Sport Mufflers Dyno Test
01:23
Result was consistent increased HP and TQ vs. stock cans, plus a major weight savings

Old 06-17-2008, 09:54 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Wow sounds good!

Old 06-18-2008, 12:06 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a pic of the mufflers, one of the videos has some up-close coverage. I have over 1200 miles on this test pair when we did the vids today and they just sound bad-a$$.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:05 AM
Slow4s has a spectacular aura aboutSlow4s has a spectacular aura about
WOWWWW Kurt, that sounds Amazing!!! I am extremely impressed with the sound and design!

-Alex

Old 06-18-2008, 01:33 AM
^ yeah I just took a trip to Vegas this weekend and the drive was 2x as fun as usual. Car feels much perkier and pulls better all around. Major ear to ear grin

Old 06-18-2008, 05:09 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Sounds really good.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:48 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
well

Sowhat the price on these BAD *** Mufflers?

Old 06-18-2008, 06:27 AM
Dervish is infamous around these parts
Good work, how many car alarms are you setting off?

Old 06-18-2008, 06:36 AM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Slow4s
WOWWWW Kurt, that sounds Amazing!!! I am extremely impressed with the sound and design!

-Alex
I second that!

Old 06-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Guys- I have the GB price info for forum members only on the first batch, which are due in 2nd-3rd week of July.

The owner has promised that the first batch will be reserved for forum members who order before end of June. PM me for the price, after that you can contact Brian Kono directly at AfterHours (phone number is on website) to order, and if you are SoCal local you can even go by his shop in San Pedro / Wilmington area.
Installation will also be available if needed, and should be scheduled with Brian directly.

Note that 7 or more orders are needed by end of June to get the cheap price, which is set at a bit over his cost. I'm getting my set at cost for testing, making the videos, and getting the word out.

Brian is a really great guy to deal with and has been in business for a very long time.
If any sponsors are interested in becoming a distributor for this product please contact Brian directly as well.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:41 AM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
In my book an exhaust isn't an exhaust unless it sets off car alarms. Well done.

It seems like this exhaust could not be too mellow given the size of the cans. I love my exhausts very loud and am very tempted by this exhaust but others that aren't quite as gung ho might want to give it a second thought. From the design it appears that these cans will be quite rowdy.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:59 AM
Yeah they are meant to be a good happy medium between bypass pipes and regular mufflers. If you are a stock can person you don't want them. If yo want good ripping sound when you gun it and mellow sound when cruising, you want them. Plus they tested as providing a good performance gain and are light. I really can't find anything bad to say about them other than a slight resonance hump at 2500 and 3500 rpms under load. minor.

Did you watch the interior driving test video, and the fly-by video? Clearly shows the dual nature of this exhaust with the hard accell and regular cruise. Video was shot yesterday with 1200 HARD miles on the cans.
At highway cruise speed of 75-85mph in top gear they are (seriously) about as quiet as my stock mufflers. Go figure!

Last edited by p0rsch3; 06-18-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:06 AM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
cant wait to hear these in person

Old 06-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Doc_Porsche is infamous around these partsDoc_Porsche is infamous around these parts
will these set off the cel and will they pass smog?
btw i loved it when it set off the alarms.....

Old 06-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Adybuncio- Let me know when you are coming up to West LA area and we'll go for a spin! Daytrader and CJ_Boxster had a chance to hear them in person at the dyno day and can comment to their awesomeness

Doc- these are totally smog legal and go after the cats like standard mufflers- So no issues at all with CEL etc. Check out the video of them installed on my car while my car is on the lift.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Videos up of AfterHours Sport Mufflers!