996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

porsche noob!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 01:51 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats!! You will definitely love your pcar even more after you get used to driving it.

I recommend K&N intake kit- very nice sound and reasonable price.
After you get tired of the muffler bypass pipes (and you will), go get these sport mufflers: http://www.afterhoursautomotive.com/...emufflers.html (videos, dyno chart, etc)
Best darn mufflers I've had on my pcar yet- more like a straight pipe / muffler hybrid.
$200 off website price until July 4.

Invest in a good set of coilovers at some point, this will greatly improve the ride and handling. I'm partial to KW v3's, although they are pricier than Bilstein PSS9/10.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Hobby Logger is just really niceHobby Logger is just really niceHobby Logger is just really niceHobby Logger is just really nice
Welcome to the 6, congratulations on finding a nice low mile 996.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
siq ride, add the rear strakes

Old 06-25-2008, 11:48 AM
996_c2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
Congrats!! You will definitely love your pcar even more after you get used to driving it.

I recommend K&N intake kit- very nice sound and reasonable price.
After you get tired of the muffler bypass pipes (and you will), go get these sport mufflers: http://www.afterhoursautomotive.com/...emufflers.html (videos, dyno chart, etc)
Best darn mufflers I've had on my pcar yet- more like a straight pipe / muffler hybrid.
$200 off website price until July 4.

Invest in a good set of coilovers at some point, this will greatly improve the ride and handling. I'm partial to KW v3's, although they are pricier than Bilstein PSS9/10.
yeah i can see how the bypass will get old after awhile. it is insanely loud! although i am use to a loud car as the subaru had headers and a straight pipe all the way to the muffler. i know alot of the people at H & R as there US headquarters is in Bellingham, WA and i interned at a shop where we helped build dome of there SEMA cars so i can get a good deal on there ciolovers.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Banned
get the KDubs or PSS9s, and easy on the mods big dog. dont' treat this car like your subaru

Old 06-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
siq ride, add the rear strakes
i am actually contemplating buying the set that is currently for sale on the for sale thread. i think they are clean and compliment the flow of the car since i already have the front bumper and side skirts. i need something to continue that clean look to the back.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:18 PM
get the KDubs or PSS9s, and easy on the mods big dog. dont' treat this car like your subaru
I don't plan on modding the pcar nearly as much as i did the subaru. all i want to do to this car is intake and exhaust and maybe a plenum, and then focus on suspension. the car was designed from the factory to be a great preforming and great looking car so i do not want to take away from that. Oh and maybe as much carbon fiber as possible on the interior as i have a fetish for anything carbon fiber.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:03 PM
kc911 is infamous around these parts
Congrats and welcome!

Old 06-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 996_c2
i am actually contemplating buying the set that is currently for sale on the for sale thread. i think they are clean and compliment the flow of the car since i already have the front bumper and side skirts. i need something to continue that clean look to the back.
do it bro it really completes the rear end. i'm a huge fan of mk1 aerokitted cars. gorgeous. just make sure you keep that oil topped off with some 0w 40 mobil one... check for the RMS whenever u get your oil changed... and you're good.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Banned
I don't plan on modding the pcar nearly as much as i did the subaru. all i want to do to this car is intake and exhaust and maybe a plenum, and then focus on suspension. the car was designed from the factory to be a great preforming and great looking car so i do not want to take away from that. Oh and maybe as much carbon fiber as possible on the interior as i have a fetish for anything carbon fiber.
that interior CF is PRICEY. but yea, the interior of the 996, when not optioned up, is absolutely drab... full leather, CF or color matched bits and sport seats color backed really bring it up to super quality, super nice levels. i think you may have the alcantara headliner too... i know it's standard on the c4s... not sure what else

Old 06-25-2008, 02:59 PM
that interior CF is PRICEY. but yea, the interior of the 996, when not optioned up, is absolutely drab... full leather, CF or color matched bits and sport seats color backed really bring it up to super quality, super nice levels. i think you may have the alcantara headliner too... i know it's standard on the c4s... not sure what else
Yes I have the alcantara headliner. I also have the leather sport seats however the backs are not painted to match the car nor the center console. Instead they are a lovely grey plastic. I have a painted center console but it is not seal grey it is the artic silver I think. I want to get GT3 seats down the road, but do not want to dump too much money into the car as I plan on upgrading in a few years to a turbo model. I am going to go for a ride in my friends dads brand new GT2 soon and I know that will make me want boost like no other.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:59 PM
do it bro it really completes the rear end. i'm a huge fan of mk1 aerokitted cars. gorgeous. just make sure you keep that oil topped off with some 0w 40 mobil one... check for the RMS whenever u get your oil changed... and you're good.
Yeah I keep hearing good and bad things about the RMS. I keep checking my oil to be sure and make sure it is always topped off to hopefully prevent any damage.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Banned
Yes I have the alcantara headliner. I also have the leather sport seats however the backs are not painted to match the car nor the center console. Instead they are a lovely grey plastic. I have a painted center console but it is not seal grey it is the artic silver I think. I want to get GT3 seats down the road, but do not want to dump too much money into the car as I plan on upgrading in a few years to a turbo model. I am going to go for a ride in my friends dads brand new GT2 soon and I know that will make me want boost like no other.
bro, you're not the only special case scenario that's planning on "upgrading in a few years" a lot of us "dump" money into these cars today because... well, we love customized cars. heck, i dropped like $20Gs on my dated pork4s in the year i've had it. i'm done tho. i swear.

i don't like boost. can't stand lag. if not the 997 GT3, i'm "upgarding in a few years" to an f-car.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:40 PM
bentlink is infamous around these parts
Welcome 996_C2.

Live in BC, and my C4S is my daily driver. Love it.

Want to see some other Porsches?

Come up to the Porsche Club meet in August:
What? PCA-CWR Canada West Weekend (CWW)
When? August 15-17, 2008
Where? Sun Peaks, BC (near Kamloops)
Who? Any and All PCA Members
Why? To Have Fun!
How Much? ~$170 +.
See: http://www.pca-cwr.org/index.php?mod...position=44:44 for info.

It would be a sweet drive up through the interior (Hwy 97) or Vancouver -- either way its a great drive.