996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Softronic ECU Flashing Instructions - Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Softronic ECU Flashing Instructions - Video

No longer sold or affiliated with Softronic. Visit www.vrtuned.com for our new products.

Last edited by vividracing; 02-04-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:15 PM
EVO KNIEVO is infamous around these parts
hey, not sure if this is mitch or not.

but why would i be interested in a flash for my 100k porsche? there has been nothing but problems with other performance manufactures doing "flashes" for example because i know that you guys are familiar with evos, dynoflash. need i say more.

i see that there is a option for data logging but you dont say wether or not this is relayed to softronic for further corrections. obviously this would be the only "safe" way to "flash" any vehicle porsche or honda alike. but the cost and time associated with this would far surpase having the car properly fine tuned.

i dont mean to poo on your thread but coming from past experiences, flashes are so 1999. in one of my evo's back in the day (2003) i had a product installed by (at the time) a reputable shop / person. ((shiv from vishnu )) wich lead to a blown motor because the generic flash for my "mods" was causing over 30 counts of knock, pulling 22+ degrees of timing and leaning out my car to the point that it went ka ka ka boom! basically what i learned was that 1, anything this stupid piggy back box can do the ecu is capable of with a tactrix cable and evoscan. and boy oh boy did i learn my lesson about flashes.

so basically i want to know if this softronic buisness will:

set a limit of how many times they will "reflash" it.

what type of data loging will they accept.

how much liability do they take if your car blows up because of there map.

is this software that i can correct and make adjustments myself.

or is it just a generic set of maps for bolt ons i.e this map for a car with a cat back, this map for a car with a CAI and cat back etc. etc. etc. i would like more technical information regaurding this.

who are there authorized tuners that can make corrections to the maps.

any-wase please post all information you have about what is included in the price.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Mr EVO - Mitch does not work for Vivid Racing. If you were a true member of this forum, you would know my name is Dan and I am the owner of Vivid Racing. Based on your username, you must be confused as these are not EVO's and last time I checked, a 996 carrera is not $100K. The Porsche market is WAY different then a EVO VIII IX. In fact Vivid Racing does not work with Dynoflash and never has. Personally I think Al jumped in on a market and made some money and people got what they paid for. His reflash is open source which ANYONE can use and simply is for those that want to adjust on a budget.

In the Porsche world, all there is are reflashes for street cars. The capabilities of what can be done are far superior to what you are refering to. You could use a piggyback by Unichip, but nobody does. The sophistication of the ECU flash on a Porsche is far different then a EVO or STI.

honestly the rest of your post is just a waste of time... so 1999 LOL.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Steve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud of
Flash

OUCH!!!!

Old 07-05-2008, 05:24 PM
vick57 is infamous around these parts
i had the softronic flash on my boxsterS and now on my C4S. i dealt with scott at softronic. he's very knowledgeable. the softronic tune is tailored for the specific engine and DME version; not one size fits all.

the effects were more dramatic on the boxsterS, but definitely noticeable on the C4S too. i've been running the flash on the C4S for 7 months without a problem.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:13 PM
RocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by vick57
i had the softronic flash on my boxsterS and now on my C4S. i dealt with scott at softronic. he's very knowledgeable. the softronic tune is tailored for the specific engine and DME version; not one size fits all.

the effects were more dramatic on the boxsterS, but definitely noticeable on the C4S too. i've been running the flash on the C4S for 7 months without a problem.

Can you explain what you DID notice on your C4S.

Thx

Old 07-05-2008, 09:59 PM
vick57 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RocC4S
Can you explain what you DID notice on your C4S.

Thx
my main point was that the software is not one size fits all. i was purposely vague about the results because these kinds of threads tend to draw a lot of sniper fire.

it's all *very* subjective and strictly qualitative. it feels to me like there's more low end torque and the engine revs more smoothly. and, no i don't have before and after dyno charts because looking at a graph can't describe how it feels.

the best thing to do is take advantage of a temporary tune. i've heard that revo does events where they flash your car with a program that lasts a few hours and reverts back to stock (or something to that effect. someone who's done one of these please chime in). anyway, you need to experience it yourself and make your own decision.

Last edited by vick57; 07-06-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Former Vendor
Yes there is a "Generic" flash or chip. Each map is created specific to the cars ECU. That is why there is a read out done which uploads the stock file to the Softronic servers.

Everyone always looks at peak numbers, it is the ENTIRE curve that is important.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:01 AM
Ubermensch is infamous around these parts
Can you expand on the "real time data analysis"? What data is collected? Can it be displayed by the user (real time or after the fact)?

Can you explain the pricing? Does the price listed cover a single flash? I'm trying to understand what happens if I add a mod and want to update the flash to to advantage of it....

Old 07-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor
There is no need to reflash the car if you add a exhaust, intake, etc. If you were to do a change in fuel with injectors, or supercharger, cams, etc, then the flash needs to be changed. Basic mods like exhaust the ECU adapts. The revision cost is $300.

Not sure what you are talking about with the real time data analysis. That is something you can get if you purchase the durametric software. You are able to datalog, view engine parameters, turn of CELs, etc. Basic diagnostic tool.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Ubermensch is infamous around these parts
"Customer can upgrade to the Data Logging Client Cable which allows them to get real time data analysis with the Softronic Diagnostic Tool. "

This sounds like something other than Durametric.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Former Vendor
Nope that is the ability to use www.durametric.com. So instead of the $125 flash cable, you can buy the $250 durametric cable which allows you to flash your car and use the Durametric software.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:17 PM
swift996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vividracing
There is no need to reflash the car if you add a exhaust, intake, etc. If you were to do a change in fuel with injectors, or supercharger, cams, etc, then the flash needs to be changed. Basic mods like exhaust the ECU adapts. The revision cost is $300.

Not sure what you are talking about with the real time data analysis. That is something you can get if you purchase the durametric software. You are able to datalog, view engine parameters, turn of CELs, etc. Basic diagnostic tool.
So you're saying if I were to slap on a Vortech V3 and injectors, you could make a map? (just curious)

Old 07-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Former Vendor
yes as long as you have all the mechanical parts in order. What we would need you to do is have the Durametric cable and get datalogs of the AFR. We could get a base map to start. You would be looking at about $300 each revision after that.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:56 AM
swift996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vividracing
yes as long as you have all the mechanical parts in order. What we would need you to do is have the Durametric cable and get datalogs of the AFR. We could get a base map to start. You would be looking at about $300 each revision after that.
Hmmm, ok, seems to be a solution. Might need to pick one up soon and then I can get a revision when I get my parts together for what I'm thinking of doing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Softronic ECU Flashing Instructions - Video