996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Anyone have agreed value or collector car insurance for their 996?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Long Islander has a spectacular aura aboutLong Islander has a spectacular aura about
Anyone have agreed value or collector car insurance for their 996?

I have a 2001 Tiptronic coupe with 5600 miles. The Blue Book value for my car is substantially below what I could get for it in a private sale. So, if my car is totaled or stolen, I'd get seriously short-changed. I think the only solution is agreed-value insurance, but my insurer, Geico, doesn't offer this.

Anyone know of an insurance company that offers this, which they would recommend?

Thanks.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:26 AM
pjalexandre is infamous around these parts
You get replacement value which includes taxes and tags. If that day should ever come just identify similarly equipped and maintained cars. They are really painless about it.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:59 AM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
progressive offers it as "additional coverage" over replacement. I declined because the difference in cost was not justified.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Doc_Porsche is infamous around these partsDoc_Porsche is infamous around these parts
nope

Old 07-09-2008, 12:34 PM
daytrader is infamous around these parts
Check out Wawanesa. I have mine covered with full replacement value.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:42 PM
mathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond repute
Safeco, Chubb, Firemans Fund, Travelers & Hartford can all offer this as an option.

When it comes to claim settlements, the blue book value is just one tool used to arrive at the vehicles value. The actual market prices also can be factored in. For a total loss, it is a negotiated process and you should never accept the first offer.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:21 PM
uberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond repute
Mercury Casualty did for me; I didn't try on my 996 though... it is setup for my classic tbird.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Long Islander has a spectacular aura aboutLong Islander has a spectacular aura about
So far, I called Leland West, who advertises in Panorama, and they said they'd insure my car for $37k (Blue Book retail value on my car) for around $2k per year with the same coverage I now have but with a $1000 deductible. Hmmm, I'm now paying $800 BUT, I have zero deductible on glass, $250 on comprehensive and $500 on collision. Talk about a rip off. With some coaxing, they said they'd insure it for value of $45k, but the cost was something like $2400.

I'll try some of the other companies that were suggested.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:59 AM
pjalexandre is infamous around these parts
Oggie, Like I said why don't you ask Geico... I think that you are grossly misinformed on what they will give you. I got full retail payout (avg of highest 3 on the market at the time) on my 993 including tax and tags. I had decent documentation and pictures of my car of course with a concourse ribbon on it to show condition.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:33 AM
mathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond repute
Leland is more geared toward a collector car program. Nearly any of the major insurance carriers should offer some type of enhanced valuation endorsement. It is quite common.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by pjalexandre
I got full retail payout (avg of highest 3 on the market at the time) on my 993 including tax and tags. I had decent documentation and pictures of my car of course with a concourse ribbon on it to show condition.
You're right about documentation and pictures. With the internet, it's much easier to search for comparable cars. And it's easy enough to take lots of digital pictures and store them on your computer. If I stick with Geico, I think I'll also ask them to insure the modifications that I've done, which should help increase the value if I have a claim.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:13 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
^^Oggie, there's a forum member on 6speed who does agreed value policies......PM me and I'll give you his info.....

Old 07-11-2008, 10:05 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
PM me for info.